Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What kind of faction should i make next?

A pirates faction
A alien faction
Another main faction
A unknown faction (Post suggestion)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41

Author Topic: The TimCORP Mod (Version 1.6,we need a new spriter, works with .52a)  (Read 193083 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

THIS MOD HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE TimCORP RESEARCH TEAM

The TimCORP Empire            

A advanced empire, utilizing the latest technology to their advantage against all their enemies, seeking destruction of their archenemies, the alliance, but aren't so willingy to form alliances with the other factions. As of current, they are hostile against them.            

This mod is also part of a collection which can be found here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.0

The lore for this mod is here : TimCORP lore

Also, I always need feedback, or else I don't know what you think of it! :D

The LATEST Version here:  
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63653453/TimCORP.rar

Code
Changelog:
Completley updated both Alliance and TimCORP scripts; They are now compatible with 0.52a
Added 5 music tracks, 3 of them for battle, 1 for campaign travel music, and 1 for the titel screen.
Rebalanced the TimCORP captials; they should be less OP now.
------------------
Added:
Pulse beam.
A high tech beam weapon designed for close-combat (melee)
Eclipse
A high-tech PD weapon, similar to the Pulse Beam, but a small slot.
Katraid ships:
The arrowhead:
A High-tech destroyer with two large energy slots. Not for sale or in campaign, this is saved for 1.7
The sentinel:
A heavy destroyer equipped with powerful weapons.
The katana:
A small, nimble fighter, exelling in combat operations.
Some stuff are lacking descriptions, but that's as intended. They will come in version 1.7.
And, in version 1.7, the Katraid will have some more ships and get into campaign, and get their own set of weapons.

This bug has been solved, and there are no known bugs that relate to this mod, and there's been extensive testing of it ;)

CREDIT: Erick doe for the awesome sprites.
               Thesoldier for helping me out wig some of the codingwork.
               Dante80 for making me the planet sprite.
               Acidzombie for making the videos.
               Sunfire for a few of the weapon sprites.
               And the rest of the team for the awesome work here :)
           Again, we need a new spriter urgently, so if you could help, no matter how you sprite, send me your work via pm and I'll see if we can get you in. We need atleast new sprites for a few factions.

WE URGENTLY NEED A WEAPON SPRITER

The Ships:
The Alliance:

The TimCORP:

We are hiring any good coder or sprite artist which can help me and my team out on this mod, as there are plans to do a Total Conversion later on. We are currently looking for: Sprite artist(s), Coder(s), so feel free to contact me through the forum here, or using our IRC channel: Server: Chatnet, Channel: TimCORP (i'm not online on it very often, so rather use the forum here :))

LORE

" Admiral, " Davian's advisor said, " The marines are geared and ready to begin the operation. Orders? " Davian clenched his rifle as his advisor loaded his. Davian was assigned to lead a boarding operation on a stolen Super-Leviathan; The biggest the TimCORP had to offer. It was stolen due to carelessnes from one of Davian's childhood friends, Scott. Scott was executed the day before, by a volunteering Admiral Davian, wishing to give his friend a simple, quick death instead of the violent torture given to Fleet-Admirals who'd lost their ship.
   Davian had to retrieve the ship with next to no damage, or he'd suffer a similar fate. Though, he saw it as a reasonable punishment for losing one of the last three remaining Super-Leviathon owned by the TimCORP. He knew that losing this ship would deal a devastating blow to his own people, not only from losing a ship that turned the TimCORP's economy into complete turmoil each time one was made, or attempted to be made, but the technology in the Super-Leviathan was too grand to lose, and should be destroyed before allowed into the hands of mere pirates.
   The rest of Davian's squad, elite infantry units created only for the retrieval of such expensive equipment, which seemed to happen way too often nowadays, were to be given the same death sentence upon failure.
   " Alright men," Davian said, walking up to a small virtual map of the Leviathan, " We will be landing on this escape pod hatch here." Davian pointed to a small air-tight opening in the ship. While this method of boarding has been used before, it was easily the least safe and required exact precision. Davian, however, would be piloting the boarding craft.
   " This location is the closest spot to the command center. With no troops in the area, we should make it there in about two minutes," Davian stated, " But that won't be so easy. "
   " The entire ship is filled with many, yet inexperienced pirate guardsmen that will shoot on sight. We should expect heavy resistance, and should stick togethor unless told other-wise. Understood? " Davian asked. The three squads of infantry men replied yes, and got ready for the breach. Before Davian could dock, a tremendous amount of turret fire was flung at them, making the maneuver that much harder. Damn, I didn't think they'd be able to figure out how to use the weapons system on the ship yet, Davian thought. The ship had extremely advanced weapon systems, making it close to impossible to fire. That is, except for TimCORP gunners.
   Reguardless, the Pirates couldn't land a single hit on the boarding craft, allowing Davian to board the ship. Davian left the cockpit and walked into the main section of the boarding craft, grabbing his Rifle. As he loaded a fresh magazine, a warning siren came on from inside the Leviathan.
   " Here comes the greeting party, " A marine said, jokingly. Davian grinned as he disengaged the lock on the boarding craft's air-lock doors, ordering his men to walk out. He looked around cautiously, saw no one, and ordered an advance to the control room.
   " Don't you think... this seems... a bit too... easy? " Said one of the marines, a little out of breath from the running.
   " Yes, I do. And, how are you already out of breath? We've been running for only about half a minute! " Replied Davian, hiding that he was also a bit tired. The alarm is still on, yet we've encountered no one, Davian thought, but why? When they reached the command center, they noticed the blast doors were open.
   " Jenkins, scout the room. Look for anything suspicious, the rest of us will wait out    here, " Davian ordered. Jenkins nodded and walked in. In a matter of seconds, the marine walked back out and said, " everyone is dead, sir. " Davian looked at the soldier in shock, and walked in to see for himself. It was true, there was blood splattered everywhere. On further inspection, the words ' Your Welcome ' were carved into one of the pirate's chest.
   " Get these bodies out of here, " Davian said as he sat down to try contacting the TimCORP command station in the system. Something was awfully wrong, and Davian didn't have the man power to send troops around the ship looking for who did this, and the ship didn't have the proper fuel to fly back to command. All he could do was wait.

(A bit of change in the lore here, hope you like this one ;D)

The TimCORP Mod™ is a creation by the TimCORP Research Team

© The TimCORP Research Team 2012

;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:05:13 PM by Upgradecap »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ship/mission addons + story
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »

Just 1 thing . If i was that admiral i'll be giving them HELLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Admiral would never ever retreat that fast. EVER  8)
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

jocan2003

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

i say if an unknown ennemy outnumber you 10V1 get the *** out and analyse the ennemy before engaging.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »

i have an ant farm i would like to introduce you to.. they can easily outnumber you 10 to 1... :P
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 03:17:22 AM »

Right, here's the continuation of the story, so far i don't know much about sprites and how to make them incorporated into the game itself, but i've got some peices of the story done, here it goes:

Date: 234, 12 20
An young officer, no more than in his twenties maybe, was rushing across the bridge of the Hegemony battlestation to give the important info to his commanding officer, Admiral Blinn.     "Sir, we've lost all contact with the fleet, and we still have no contact with the outpost"
"Damnit, what is really going on there, first we lose all contact with the outpost, save for a distress beacon, and next we lose contact with the fleet aswell."
"Do you want to send another recon fleet, sir?"
"No, we've already lost enough ships there, and now with the pirates acting up aswell, we wont be having the resources to fight them."
"Alright sir"
Meanwhile, onboard the enemy flagship, the TCN Fenris, located in deep space around the sector.
"Sir, preparations are going as expected, we assume that the Hegemony won't be sending in another fleet after their devastating loss around the outposst, and we are free to use it so far."
"Yes, but you fail to take the pirates and the Tri-Tachyon into accounting, what if they, say, by pure chance discover this staing base?"
"But sir, we've got enough firepower to take them out."
"Everything is not just about firepower, commander, you should have learnd that by now. Plot a course back to the main base for resupplies, but leave a detachment here, just in case."
"Yes, sir"
The fleet warped out of the system with lightspeed faster than any Hegemony, or Tri-Tachyon ship could match.

Right, so if someone would be willing to help, or atleast learn me with this java coding, and spriting, because so far, it just makes my head spin. See you all later.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »

i say if an unknown ennemy outnumber you 10V1 get the *** out and analyse the ennemy before engaging.

That's why you are not an admiral  :P  He sad he got big ship and lot of smaller ones. He got a fleet. I don't know how did they know that enemy got big guns if he wasn't shooting...  And in the end he didn't manage to escape!
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »

That's why you are not an admiral  :P  He sad he got big ship and lot of smaller ones. He got a fleet. I don't know how did they know that enemy got big guns if he wasn't shooting...  And in the end he didn't manage to escape!

The enemy command ship was approx. 5 times bigger than the onsluahgt...... you figure out the rest  ;)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:21:41 AM »

Onslaught*

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »

If you're not a sprite artist, you can still make great looking sprites.

Here's a pack of ship components that a really talented dude made:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3035&sid=dc7e104f9a54b75c291c3b453c0b94bc

Just mix and match, copy and paste these things onto each other until you have something that looks like a ship.  Like legos.
You could also grab parts of existing ships to make your own blocks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:22:18 AM by hairrorist »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »

If you're not a sprite artist, you can still make great looking sprites.

Here's a pack of ship components that a really talented dude made:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3035&sid=dc7e104f9a54b75c291c3b453c0b94bc

Just mix and match, copy and paste these things onto each other until you have something that looks like a ship.  Like legos.
You could also grab parts of existing ships to make your own blocks.
Seriously, that simple??? O.o

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »

Indeed.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »

Indeed.
Now, sorry for this stupid question, but what program would be best suited for that?

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »

Not a dumb question at all.

Photoshop is great.  If you don't have access to it, GiMP is a free alternative.  It's a little more confusing to use, but it does everything photoshop does.  If you happen to be in Uni, I believe Adobe has a free edition available to students.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »

Not a dumb question at all.

Photoshop is great.  If you don't have access to it, GiMP is a free alternative.  It's a little more confusing to use, but it does everything photoshop does.  If you happen to be in Uni, I believe Adobe has a free edition available to students.
Thanks for the help, really appreciating it :).
Now to my next question, is it required to write java-code for the ship spefically or does the game automatically do it?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 01:02:52 PM »

And i also have a question, what is the best way to actully create a sprite from the start, not copy pasting peices, but a clean start?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41