Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What kind of faction should i make next?

A pirates faction
A alien faction
Another main faction
A unknown faction (Post suggestion)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: The TimCORP Mod (Version 1.6,we need a new spriter, works with .52a)  (Read 193100 times)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

In fact, it is worth mentioning that you should optimize for as few vertices as possible. More vertices means collision tests require more computations, and if the number of instances of the complex collision polygon is high, you will cause slowdown. If you are doing bounds for say, a capital ship, it's alright to get a little more detailed I think because you will generally not have many of those in a battle.

But particularly for fighters, you should ideally have only 3 vertices (the minimum). You'd be surprised how "off" they can be, and still look fine in-game.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile

oooh i see... yea... i kinda got like... 40 bounds maybe more on the Ksi upgrade =/ maybe that teh cause of 3-4 FPS loss in my test run

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

This thread needed an newer op, so I updated it :)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile

noooo cant let this tread going to the second page!!!!!!!

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

We are still hiring coders, so please contact me if you know how to code weapons, ships and java scripting ( for future campaign and more updates )

Oh, and if you do play the mod, please post feedback on what is ok, what is op, and what I could possibly add to it :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:27:55 AM by Upgradecap »

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile

well... what to add to it? something that can rivalise with your ship, like the worst enemy of timcorp, that have ship and weaponry able to fight the timcorp, becuase now in late game with mostly timcorp ship... its almost boring to fight other people ( thus that why im eagerly patiently on CFS campaign integration >_> ) i want epic battle that battle last long with huge ship, just just ass whooping lol

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

There is going to be an Arch-Enemy of the TimCORP, named the Alliance, which will have some less firepower ships (but still enough to rival the TimCORP), but they will come in numbers :D

The new faction will, if I am able to, be done this weekend? Provided I have enough sprites. So keep your anticipation up :) 

P.S If you have tried the mod out, would you be so kind to write something about it here :D, see it as a kind of guestbook (i'm not forcing you to, i'm just kindly asking for feedback ;D)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:47:30 AM by Upgradecap »

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile

:D weeee

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel

not sure if anyone else has reported this but i noticed this while i was getting a fleet together to record a spotlight video, the zeta class point defense frigate and the omega class destroyer have 80k hangar space. the iota cruiser has 87k hangar space, the terra has 20k hangar space and the dedicated carrier capital ship has 10k hangar space.not sure if this is intended because for all of those that is a TON of fighter craft.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

not sure if anyone else has reported this but i noticed this while i was getting a fleet together to record a spotlight video, the zeta class point defense frigate and the omega class destroyer have 80k hangar space. the iota cruiser has 87k hangar space, the terra has 20k hangar space and the dedicated carrier capital ship has 10k hangar space.not sure if this is intended because for all of those that is a TON of fighter craft.

That was a bug which is fixed in the dev version of the game ( the bug occured because i tried to write the ship_data.csv file by raw text :D, just tell me if you want the dev version :))

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Updated OP with alot of lore ;D

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel

That was a bug which is fixed in the dev version of the game ( the bug occured because i tried to write the ship_data.csv file by raw text :D, just tell me if you want the dev version :))

i think im good for now i just thought it was interesting i doubt anyone could get that many fighters. im getting a fleet together of all the timcorp ships and i find the prices of ships compared to vanilla ships is ridiculously low, for example the dreadnought can destroy entire fleets by itself and yet it only costs 68k i think the ships need to be WAY more expensive.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

i think im good for now i just thought it was interesting i doubt anyone could get that many fighters. im getting a fleet together of all the timcorp ships and i find the prices of ships compared to vanilla ships is ridiculously low, for example the dreadnought can destroy entire fleets by itself and yet it only costs 68k i think the ships need to be WAY more expensive.

If i only knew how to up the prices :(, if someone could tell me how to, i'd be glad to balance it further ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:10:48 PM by Upgradecap »

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile

I believe the ship price is in the ship_data.csv file

name,id,designation,fleet pts,hitpoints,armor rating,max flux,8/6/5/4%,flux dissipation,ordnance points,max speed,acceleration,deceleration,max turn rate,turn acceleration,mass,shield type,shield arc,shield upkeep,shield efficiency,min crew,max crew,cargo,fuel,fuel/ly,range,hangar,base value,number

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Aha, so it's that one which sets the price. Thanks :)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41