Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear fellows of east europe  (Read 3841 times)

pigreko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Dear fellows of east europe
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:48:07 AM »

How are things going over there? I mean in Ukraina and Russia. I know it is an awkward topic, but I only have this forum and Dota2 where I could reliantly meet with people from there. Sooooo I thought I could drop this question here.

Just to avoid misinterpretation, I'm not willing to open a political debate, I'm curious/worried about how life is changing with all that mess going around.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: Dear fellows of east europe
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:57:15 AM »

Just to avoid misinterpretation, I'm not willing to open a political debate...

Thanks for clarifying that. But I will be watching this thread, as this sort of topic is pretty loaded. Feel free to discuss things but be respectful to each other's opinions and experiences. If this thread turns hostile I will lock it.

pigreko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:31:27 AM »

Of course. I'm just moved by honest curiosity. I know little from my newspapers. For instance, how russians are reacting to the embargo, or ukranians with the civil unrest... if all this is actually having an impact on the daily life of people not directly engaged.

I know it is an overloaded topic, nevertheless a polite discussion should always be possible :):) of course it is fairly easy nobody will say a thing.

Good august to all!!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 08:45:51 AM »

Newspaper only tells you the basics of what's going on in the world, you have to look on news websites or other places to get full information on the matter, like other countries newspaper/sites/forums

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 12:11:08 AM »

I`m Russian, living in Moscow.

Can`t say that I`ve noticed that many major changes with any of the EU imposed sanctions. All I do really see is disturbing USD-to-RUB exchange ratio rise and some troubles with imported stuff that started right after the Crimea issues. These things finally triggered my change of work as I was working with redistributing imported stuffs. Changing a job was a long awaited, but always delayed plan - so for me things got a bit positive somewhat.

You may be aware that RF imposed trade sanctions on some food stuffs coming from Europe as a reaction to EU/USA sanctions. The thing is that this embargo impacts cafes and restaurants especially elite ones here in Moscow. It doesn`t impact us mere citizens that much, but some of missing cheese, wines and other products I`ll be missing - that`s for sure.

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »

This is little off topic but still relevant and funny/sad. After the EU implemented sanction to russia, russia did the same for food and some other products. A lot of companies got hit hard because of this in few EU countries.

But at the same time, russia is opened for other countries and other companies are trying  to increase their products and shipment in russia. The funny thing is that EU is trying to force anyone (including countries that are not in EU but close to it) to not increase their output to russia, so they dont  overtaken the markets, witch is really funny and somewhat stupid.

DIEHARD25

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 04:13:51 AM »

Hello

I'm from Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk.

All ok. Awaiting for elections to Verhovna Rada (in 26 October).

Best regards, Konstantin

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:19:04 PM »

Romania, bit south of the hubble, no issues. External anyway. Internally we're fudged.