Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: When do market inventories, specifically ships for sale, change?  (Read 2549 times)

j01

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

And how can I most quickly and easily trigger the change so I can force the Tri-Tachyon outpost in Magec to show me the super rare high tech stuff like longbows, tridents, wasps, hyperions, afflictors, apogees, auroras, and astrals?

I also wouldn't mind knowing how to find the other ships I've never seen in stores after reaching level 40-something and so many hours of gameplay, like the mining pods, warthogs, valkyries, and ventures.

[EDIT] I guess nobody knows this? Does anyone at least know if the above mentioned ships and fighters are ever for sale in campaign mode?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:41:16 PM by j01 »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: When do market inventories, specifically ships for sale, change?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »

i have managed to capture a Doom class, tried to board an apogee but it self destructed and blew up one of my enforcers >.>

fighters seem to be pretty uncommon, at least in my games so far. id like to know this too, maybe its by Cycle? i think the factions buy their own ships they have for sale, so if you are not there they just snag it and you don't get it. Happened to me at least, i went to buy a hammerhead at Jangala station and realized i didn't have the money for it, i came back when i did and it was gone  ??? 

Some of the rarer ships you might have to capture, but i don't really know.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: When do market inventories, specifically ships for sale, change?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:16:20 PM »

And how can I most quickly and easily trigger the change so I can force the Tri-Tachyon outpost in Magec to show me the super rare high tech stuff like longbows, tridents, wasps, hyperions, afflictors, apogees, auroras, and astrals?

The inventory (both commodities/weapons and ships) updates on the first player visit, and then on the next visit that's at least a month from the last update. Doesn't mean that everything will be replaced, though - ships, for example have a 50 or 75% chance to be replaced (can't quite remember which right now), so the inventory will roll over gradually.