Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Repeatable null crash on intel open.  (Read 1973 times)

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
Repeatable null crash on intel open.
« on: October 23, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »

Currently experiencing a "null" crash when opening the intel tab, either by pressing E or clicking the tab in the UI. Did it several times in a row to make sure it wasn't a one off thing.

The .log was too large to attach, so here's a link to it, hopefully it helps. Let me know if you want my save, game directory, or anything else that might be of use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jq6jf368vi31z6/starsector.log?dl=0

So you have a complete picture, I do have the SCY mod with LazyLib installed, and I manually modified the two .json files as outlined on the mods page for installation to put the systems in their appropriate place.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Repeatable null crash on intel open.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:39:38 PM »

Would you mind sending me a copy of your save? fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

From the log, it looks like the crash is in core code. So, even though I suspect it's mod related, I still want to take a closer look.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »

Sent.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »

Thank you!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »

And, fixed. Having the save made it a breeze.

The issue was trying to render the player location on the intel map - but the player is in a star system that isn't in hyperspace. For now, just avoid opening the intel tab while in Tartarus (sp?).

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:57:52 AM »

Sounds good, thanks! (I guess this means you're now aware of just how poor I am at composing a fleet and fitting ships, too!  :P)

By the way, just wanted to say that the incredible immediate response, feedback, and explanations you provide to all issues really sets you apart in the software industry as a whole. If the companies I dealt with through work for corporate software were as supportive, my job would be 10x easier. Keep up the great work!