Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ways to prevent relief convoys?  (Read 1574 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
ways to prevent relief convoys?
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:30:32 PM »

Besides blowing them up!

I tried buying all the food prior to the convoy spawning.
I tried buying all the food while the convoy was filling up.
Neither had an effect.

Is it possible to delay or prevent famine relief without resorting to reputation destroying violence?

FYI in the end I did blow the convoy up..... Prices rose for 1 day, then the famine ended :-(
A bug I'll be reporting when I'm not browsing through a jerry-rigged mobile tether!

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ways to prevent relief convoys?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:15:45 PM »

While Relief Convoys are a big deal, there are lots of smaller fleets and smugglers also transporting food to make money.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 04:41:11 AM »

While Relief Convoys are a big deal, there are lots of smaller fleets and smugglers also transporting food to make money.

this is definitely true, next time asharu runs out of food ( or anywhere else but asharu always seems to be starving) hover around for a bit you'll see quite a few little fleets heading to it i even saw pirate smugglers there, not sure if they were smuggling in food or attacking people but they were there and looked like they were trading not fighting.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 06:27:48 AM »

One thing I've found is that you can check the amount of food needed to end a crisis by mouse hovering over its status icon in the trade screen upper right (probably other places also?). If it still needs a thousand or more food than the little ships probably won't end it, while if it only needs a few hundred then they will.