Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: I appreciate and enjoy the effort that went into ship/planet/weapon lore.  (Read 2594 times)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I just really enjoy reading the descriptions of all the various things in the game such as the planets - Jangala is a lush jungle world that uses space-based lasers to clear farm land, Volturn is a pure water world with floating cities... all that stuff. I've noticed quite a few stations and planets still have just a stock description and I hope in future updates we'll see more descriptions added to everything.

Also, I hope the big "Industry" patch will enable us to create our own stations and outposts. How awesome would it be to be able to create a colony on a lifeless planet and eventually have it become a trade stop for various friendly factions? For it to produce resources used for ship building or population support? Awesome potential.

Degraine

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I think that's exactly the intent. I've already been eyeing off Maxios and Asharu as potential fixer-uppers.

j01

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I also found myself smiling at the description of the orbital lasers that "push back" the jungle and wildlife, leaving great expanses of ash for fertile crop growing. How delightfully utilitarian! Reminds me of a sci-fi novel I once read.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

I also found myself smiling at the description of the orbital lasers that "push back" the jungle and wildlife, leaving great expanses of ash for fertile crop growing. How delightfully utilitarian! Reminds me of a sci-fi novel I once read.
I smiled at that too. When I saw the title of it i was expecting something dangerous was on the planet, but by the end of the description I was instead thinking 'How practical a use that is!'

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

I liked the blurb about the pragmatic Luddic church tacitly accepting trade in heretical technology within permitted areas on their planets. Profit: it ain't just for heathens!

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile

I liked the blurb about the pragmatic Luddic church tacitly accepting trade in heretical technology within permitted areas on their planets. Profit: it ain't just for heathens!
The levels of hypocrisy is ridiculous, but the later versions might have that faction carry a broader range of illegal goods (tech-specific), yet has no qualms buying high-tech ships at a higher prices than what other factions offer for.

Sethfcm

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I really enjoy the lore too.

In particular as already mentioned the orbital clearing lasers, and of course the little stuff like several pirate bases are also cool.