Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: RAGE AGAINST THE PATROL!!!  (Read 24435 times)

superhotdogzz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: RAGE AGAINST THE PATROL!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 11:06:47 PM »

The scan patrols are easy to avoid and carry a really low reputation hit. If you book it for a jump point (where available) you won't even take the rep hit. Def. worth avoiding 3k+ tolls that get leveled at you once you're rocking a decent fleet.
I've gone through jump points and gotten the rep hit. In some cases, they chased me all the way to another system.

I think that happened to my comm relay hack run. Darn Hegemony Patrol chase me all the way to Askonia. They stopped only because they running into Tri-tachyon and got whacked :-\.   

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 07:45:39 AM »

3 different Hegemony fleets attempted to toll me thrice in a week. Even though I had positive rep with them(around 10; wasn`t 'favorable' yet). They didn`t like me, I suppose...

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 08:16:40 AM »

love hate. I just love the patrols, but hate them when I get caught. Such a nice addition. keeps things interesting.

Like really low on supplies, get pinged, then can't land. Have to fly around with out supplies 'till they quit persuit, then have to make up for the damage of no supplies which cost me more than if I just paid the toll. HEH....LOVE IT!

Had one last night after about three attempt scanning. Two of which I ran, got caught slippin' and got it from the third, TT area. was acting a punk and refused to pay my 3647 toll. I failed to notice the size of the fleet.....even though I ended up winning. My fleet was recked. Popping attitude can hurt in this game..... ;)

Though I was smugglin' 'evy like on the New Mexco (sp?) station.

Oh, got charged with manipulating the market on Umbra. They were short on food, I replinished. They charged me (month goes by..found guilty) with causing the food shortage so I could take advantage of max profit. Though I didn't, was just following intel. I was able to respond really fast cause I was right in the system with a large load of food, they had me suspect that I had somthin' to do with shortage...... LOVE IT!

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:47 AM »

I was screaming along in my Wolf chasing down pirates when a patrol pinged me.

Patrol: "License and registration please."
Me: "Seriously? A traffic stop? There are pirates RIGHT THERE!" :: hands over license and registration through space-window ::
Patrol: "I'll be right back to check on these."
:: Pirates blow up a passing trade fleet. ::
Patrol: "According to our records  you supplied food to starving Tri-Tachyon orphans a month ago. Thats a class A offense."
Me: "But! But PIRATES! Right there! Killing people!"
Patrol: "You're under arrest. Step out of the spaceship sir."
Me: "Oh come on!"
Patrol (into space-walkie talkie): "Suspect resisting arrest! I need backup! Kill on sight, kill on sight!

Yup, thats totally how it went down.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »

Sindarians pinged me for 3036 fleet & 9378 cargo. (12414 total)

I was really annoyed because this was right after i'd filled up on a huge pile of organics loot. I suspect that mothballed ships count toward your cargo total making your shielded cargo holds less effective.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 08:29:49 AM »

@Thaago: That actually made me laugh rather hard

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »

I was on my way back to the abandoned terraforming platform with my brand new.. not-so-shiny Onslaught. My fleets are:

1 Onslaught, 2 Falcons,1 Eagle, 2 Condors and numerous fighter variants. We have the established reputation as the bounty-hunter or pirate killers... but.. suddenly, echoes coming out of the void. where?.. WHERE DID IT COME FROM?!.. wait, there's something on the horizon... it's approaching fast towards us.. with this familiar weight of.. Authority?

It turns out to be... a single Vigilance class Frigate asking me to pay for a ridiculously yet insane amount of credits before blackmailing us!

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »

I was screaming along in my Wolf chasing down pirates when a patrol pinged me.

Patrol: "License and registration please."
Me: "Seriously? A traffic stop? There are pirates RIGHT THERE!" :: hands over license and registration through space-window ::
Patrol: "I'll be right back to check on these."
:: Pirates blow up a passing trade fleet. ::
Patrol: "According to our records  you supplied food to starving Tri-Tachyon orphans a month ago. Thats a class A offense."
Me: "But! But PIRATES! Right there! Killing people!"
Patrol: "You're under arrest. Step out of the spaceship sir."
Me: "Oh come on!"
Patrol (into space-walkie talkie): "Suspect resisting arrest! I need backup! Kill on sight, kill on sight!

Yup, thats totally how it went down.

dying  ;D

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »

My worst stroke of luck was during a trip to get some food for a crisis, I got tolled 3 times (3!) while going to the Ludd planet, 12K each, and 2 more times at 16K on the return trip! Fortunately I had 2 Atlases loaded with food so I still made a bit of a coin, but between fuel, supplies and the tolls, my net benefit was only half of the 180K selling.

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »

I decided to try pure pirating for a change and took out a few small independent fleets and captured the new frigate, the sherpard. I ended up being chased by an independent mercenary fleet. Unfortunately for me, the fleet was composed of one wolf, two tempests, and a Hyperion. With my newly captured Shepard drone carrier, and my CR stupidly low on my part in my wolf, I made a dash for the Jangala Station.

Murderous rage filled mercenaries behind me, I desperately approach it, and a split second before I make contact with the station- “You’ve been pinged for an inspection, the station is unwilling to trade with you until you are cleared." The independent fleet had been slowly gaining on me, and I wasn't able to avoid the large patrol do it being practically right on top of me. With my Shepard frigate already dealing with crippling combat readiness and barely any hull left on it, I knew I wouldn't be able to outrun the patrol.I imagine my communications officer making a desperate attempt to reason with the patrol- "you've got to let us go this one time, that fleet right behind us is trying to kill us!"

Alas, the patrol could not be reasoned with and so I was forced to let the scan commence- and almost instantly come in contact with the mercenary fleet. Upon contact, my only chance, despite it being a small one, was to attempt an escape.
Despite my desperate protection with my wolf in defending the Shepard (which actually held off two of the tempests remarkably well with its drones despite the occasional critical damage malfunction slowly eating its hull away) the second tempest managed to get past the drones and destroy my newly captured ship. Desperate to avoid and further losses, I send my wolf into a haphazard attempt to get out of the combat area little more then 1/4 of the way left.

It was around that moment when I realized.... Where’s the Hyperion- A teleport later, and scrap metal was all that was left of my flagship.
If only that damned patrol would see reason!  :'(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:46:36 PM by ArkAngel »
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 11:10:11 PM »

I dropped out of hyperspace at the Niflheim gravity well in pursuit of a bounty. Sure enough, the pirate fleet was there... and so was a Tri-Tachyon patrol that spontaneously decided to make that annoying ping sound and chase me for donut money.

I took one look at the patrol, and one look at the pirates.

The opportunity was... too good to pass up, shall we say.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »

I dropped out of hyperspace at the Niflheim gravity well in pursuit of a bounty. Sure enough, the pirate fleet was there... and so was a Tri-Tachyon patrol that spontaneously decided to make that annoying ping sound and chase me for donut money.

So you lured the TT into the bounty?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 05:36:16 AM »

Yep. It cleaned out about half the patrol and got them to leave me alone (despite the "stop in the name of the law" message popping up about a second afterwards). The pirates didn't take significant losses.

I promptly thanked them by bashing their hulls in, of course. No good deed goes unpunished!

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »

patrols are just punishing.

just imagine "STOP RIGHT HERE CRIMINAL SCUM" all over the place on street

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 09:54:11 PM »

Yep. It cleaned out about half the patrol and got them to leave me alone (despite the "stop in the name of the law" message popping up about a second afterwards). The pirates didn't take significant losses.

I promptly thanked them by bashing their hulls in, of course. No good deed goes unpunished!
Tri-Tach is the one faction I prefer not to mess with, being the primary Afflictor patron and all, but also the high-tech makes for a tricky combat approach.

Now if I could make a clear note which faction provides Monitors... *mumbling*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4