Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: No off-topic posts in this Subforum!  (Read 15964 times)

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
No off-topic posts in this Subforum!
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »

Gentlefolk,

Please make certain that your post concerns ONLY bug reports or support requests before posting it. Off-topic posts of any kind in this subforum makes substantial extra work for Alex. Since we'd all much rather have Alex working on making the Campaign a playable reality instead of wasting time plowing through snow-drifts here, I'm sure you'll see the wisdom of this.

In order to make certain that this crucial subforum is not needlessly littered with distractions and obstacles for him, all off-topic posts are subject to removal by moderators. Going forward from this moment, those members who cannot or will not avoid making off-topic posts here will be subject to possible forum discipline. Thanks for your cooperation!

Here are a few words from the man himself which lend more insight about this problem:

If I can take this opportunity to say something related, in a place where hopefully a good number of people will see it:

Please keep threads in the "Bug Reports" section of the forum on-topic. I've got to read and address these every day before I can make any forward progress in development, and lately there has been a lot of going off-topic. The latest example: here. See other recently-locked threads on that board for more.

Cluttering up this section has a real impact on the time I get to spend actually working on the game. Worse yet, it's harder to keep track of all the issues and make sure I don't miss anything. If you want to say something like "I ran into this bug too", that's fine and actually useful. But going off on a tangent - one that would be absolutely fine in any other section of the forum - is really detrimental there.

Thanks for understanding. Again, this has only become a problem recently, and I'd like to address it before it grows.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 02:51:33 PM by Gothars »
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....