Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bounties - Money pinatas?  (Read 2348 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Bounties - Money pinatas?
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »

Anyone getting huge bounties?  I'm finding this is really making the game too easy - even easier than before.  Right off the bat (although I'm not sure if this is because of sheer luck with the economy generation at the beginning of the game) I got a 3,000 Credit general bounty for all Pirate frigates that I destroyed.  I capitalized on this, and before the week was over I raked in about 40,000 credits, enough to get me 2 new frigates and outfit them both with weapons and crew.  After that, I got a couple 20,000 Credit fleet bounties and one almighty 60,000 Credit bounty just a few minutes ago (which consisted of about two Buffalo Mk.IIs and couple of Cerberus's - either the Hegemony is getting really, REALLY weak or they're just throwing me freebies).

I might tone down the general bounties, and make the fleet bounties at least either have more ships or have more experienced crew, because as of late, all of them have had Green crew - and with the descriptions of the bounties saying that the commander was experienced, I'd expect a bit more from their crew as well.

(as an added side note, now after editing this post's title, there's a rather odd scroll bar at the bottom that does nothing but flicker the screen - might want to check on that)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:49:24 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Bounties - Money pinatas?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »

I have noticed that the bounties are quite high. I started playing as an opportunistic trader, and the game was tough but fun. Then I got a Condor and a few fighter wings... I'm rolling in money from bounties.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:36:25 AM »

I like the generous bounties, especially when...
  • New ships are very expensive.
  • Cannot loot enough supplies from combat alone to sustain my ships.
  • Pursuit is not worth it anymore due to Vengeful.  (Less xp and loot because I cannot kill everything.)
  • Toll trolls (i.e., customs) in space.

I await the time when I can build up my own outposts and/or take over others' bases so I do not need to depend on anyone and I can start fighting everything in the sector with impunity.  I only cooperate now because I need their shops and storage.

So far, I received more money selling 600+ food to Corvus I during a food shortage than from bounty hunting, though admittedly, bounties are easier to come by.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 06:45:45 AM »

So far, I received more money selling 600+ food to Corvus I during a food shortage than from bounty hunting, though admittedly, bounties are easier to come by.

So true; Made 130k in the 1st 2 weeks of a new game thanks to a food shortage on Asharu - would have been far more if Jangala hadn't run out of food  :'(

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 08:18:51 AM »

If you're looking for food, the main Ludd planet has a basically unlimited supply for 30. It is a bit of a flight to get there.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:11:25 AM »

That... might ruin my plans for making Ludds pirate faction #2 for me.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »

:D Happy to help.

I was all prepared to farm the Ludds as well, but I can't help admiring the fact that they seem to be the only ones able to feed their own people.