Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Purchasing Military Ships  (Read 1801 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Purchasing Military Ships
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »

Found a bug (I think).  In the Jangala station, where I tested it, I was able to access the Military section and purchase ships.  Destroyers and above had markers saying that I needed "Welcoming" status or higher to purchase those ships, but I was still able to purchase them regardless.  Got a military-grade Enforcer for 29 thousand (which, by the way, was incredibly easy to acquire due to a 3,000 credit bounty on all Pirate frigates) even though I only had 7 out of 100 relationship with the Hegemony.

(screenshot to follow)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Purchasing Military Ships
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »

Oh, whoops. Right. No worries, the mean red text will scare everyone away - I mean, worked on me.

(Yeah, need to make it so you can't ACTUALLY BUY the ship. Forgot that part.)

... and, fixed. Thanks for spotting this :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:15:30 PM by Alex »

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 05:25:26 AM »

Had something odd happen just now, kinda feeling that it might be relevant to this topic. I bought an Eagle-class custom cruiser without having the rep for it (because yay cheating), not knowing what the price was. Suddenly, I'm at -8391 credits. Not quite sure if that's intended (or even relevant when the main bug here is fixed), with this being a Tri-Tachyon purchase and all. I'll save a copy of the save game (post-buying) just in case anybody wants to see that.

EDIT: Odd quirk with being in the negatives -- you can't fit any weapons to your ships, not even the ones in your cargo hold. They're grayed out in the same way unaffordable items from the shop are. Doubt it's very relevant to the game in it's current state, but yeah.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:34:26 AM by XpanD »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »

Thanks for bringing this up - found a bug in the dev version where, ah, you could buy ships even if you couldn't afford them. It was due to the fix for the issue from the OP, but it sounds like you managed to run into it as well, in the released version.