Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Do you prefer fighting or helping the Crystanite?

Helping; the trinkets haven't done anything wrong!
- 15 (37.5%)
Depends; what pays more at the moment?
- 19 (47.5%)
Fighting; those xeno should be crushed like the glass they are!
- 6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: The Crystanite (Version 1.10b Hotfix) [0.8.1a compatible]  (Read 146162 times)

Owl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.9a hotfix) [0.8.1a compatible]
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »

thanks mate .  Have a good holiday season

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »

Incoming teaser... what could possibly be attacking the poor little square?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Ak1EOdZCU&

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2018, 05:46:29 PM »

Incoming teaser... what could possibly be attacking the poor little square?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Ak1EOdZCU&
You're gonna have some serious issues with that... Not only is the AI gonna suck using it but it is also OP as well. It vaporized an asteroid that crossed paths with the pre charged beam and damn near insta destroyed that test target, which AREN'T supposed to be killed so easily!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:53 AM »

Lumen's new beam.

Or it's a new ship's weapon. Probably even dare say that weapon belongs to Payback.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2018, 04:27:43 AM »

You're gonna have some serious issues with that... Not only is the AI gonna suck using it but it is also OP as well. It vaporized an asteroid that crossed paths with the pre charged beam and damn near insta destroyed that test target, which AREN'T supposed to be killed so easily!
Don't worry, all these problems have been resolved... I can't give too many details yet but I can answer two of your concerns:

A: Asteroids take massively increased damage from the beam; this is to make the AI handle it better

B: That test target was not at full HP; if you look closely you'll see that the test target has already been damaged before the beam fired

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.10a "Drifting Crystal") [0.8.1a compatible]
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2018, 07:11:50 AM »

Update time!

Download the Crystanite version 1.10a for Starsector 0.8.1a
Requires LazyLib
Supports Nexerelin and Combat Chatter

This update will break saves

So, new version. I have finally gotten around to fixing campaign generation properly, so from now on EzFaction and Nexerelin are no longer required (though Nexerelin is of course still supported). The main focus of this version is new mechanics in the campaign, and also introduces support for Combat Chatter. Other than that, there is a large amount of balance being done, and some old issues related to hullmods are finally being ironed out. More specific details are contained in the spoilers.

This will also be the first version to be posted on the Discord chat (though it might take a short while for it to appear).

Full changelog at the bottom of the post.

Battlestations
Spoiler

One of my personal favorite additions to Nexerelin was battlestations. The Crystanite now has a station to call their own, with a full arsenal of weapons and a powerful main cannon which, while slow and inaccurate, can kill smaller ships in a single burst.

Note that these stations currently only appear in Nexerelin campaigns.
[close]

Combat Chatter
Spoiler

The Crystanite now has their own dialogue in combat if Combat Chatter is also installed. Not all that amazing, but I find it nice for the atmosphere of the mod.
[close]

Hullmods from skills
Spoiler

The recent version of Starsector added support for partial merging of skill files. What this means is that mods can now add some content (though not all kinds of content) to campaign skills without breaking compatibility with other mods.

For the Crystanite, this means that some hullmods can now be unlocked from certain skills, rather than only being purchased. This means that there are now more options for unlocking their hullmods, and also means that many otherwise useless skills for Crystanite ships become slightly better options.
[close]

Full changelog:
Code
Version 1.10a : Drifting Crystal
Additions:
*Re-added and completely reworked campaign generation: no longer requires Nexerelin or EzFaction (still supports Nexerelin and Corvus mode)
*Added the Redemption, the first Crystanite Station (currently only appears in Nexerelin)
*Some Crystanite hullmods are now acquired from Character Skills
*Several new variants have been added: Crystanite fleets should now have more variety
*Added custom personalities to Crystanite when using Combat Chatter (works most of the time, some officers in nexerelin seems to be bugged)
*Added support for Combat Chatter mechanics such as boss ships and missile ammo warnings
*Added some special mechanics when using Nexerelin
*Added the White Dwarf Overload system, which converts the firerate bonus on WD cannons into a damage bonus
*Added AI support for the Rebirth's Phoenix System
Changed:
*All "Relay" hullmods now have increased range on larger hullsizes (+50% on cruisers, +100% on capitals)
*Crystanite (D) ships now only splits apart 30% of the time (non-D ships still break apart 100% of the time)
*Changed some minor mechanics in the new version of Nexerelin (fleet names etc)
*Changed the damage decals for Crystanite ships, and slightly changed vent color
*Changed the sound effect for the Lumio and PD-37 cannon
*The Splitter Shard launcher has new behavior
*The Worker and Grower now uses the new White Dwarf Overload system
*Minor adjustments to the Active Armor ship system: it is now cooldown-based rather than a toggle
*Slightly improved AI for some ship systems
Balance:
*Reduced the OP costs of practically all Crystanite hullmods by around 30%
*Heavy Drone shard launcher damage down to 50 (from 75), firerate increased to compensate (DPS unchanged)
*Splitter shard launcher damage from 100 x 10 to 50 x 20 (total damage unchanged)
*Seeder flux capacity up to 7000 (from 3500)
*Lumen flux capacity down to 7500 (from 15000), dissipation down to 250 (from 500), turn rate halved
*Lumio Cannon flux-per-second down to 700 (from 1300) and damage-per-secong down to 300 (from 600)
*Communion relay ECCM-capability up to 50% (from 30%)
*Storm cannon accuracy drastically improved
Removed:
*Removed the Hail cannon in its entirety; it was simply uneccessary, doing nothing in most situations
Bug Fixes:
*Fixed Drones, Heavy Drones and Cargo drones very rarily spawning in markets (they should not be bought that way in the first place)
*You can now properly equip the Melter and Modulator Maledict rewirings and the Heavy Drone Bay
*The Haystack now correctly displays the additional beams it fires as a buff, rather than a debuff
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:22:46 AM by Nicke535 »

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.10b Hotfix) [0.8.1a compatible]
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2018, 07:03:26 AM »

Discovered very minor error, but since it may cause cascading errors down the line, I thought I should fix it as soon as possible.

Download Hotfix

Changelog:
Code
Version 1.10b
Bug Fixes:
*Fixed minor error causing Evasive Manoeuvre to display twice

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »

Uh...did you intend to put "Yukari Secundus" basically on "Yukari Prime? In the system map, you are only able to tell that Secundus exists because of the name being there.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2018, 04:30:06 AM »

Uh...did you intend to put "Yukari Secundus" basically on "Yukari Prime? In the system map, you are only able to tell that Secundus exists because of the name being there.

...well, it *was* intentional, when I implemented it. I didn't think it would cause such an overlap on the map, so I might revert that in the next patch.

Though since it would require a new save, I am probably gonna bundle that with some other changes and additions.

Alpharius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2019, 09:54:12 AM »

Seems like a cool mod, looking forward to trying it when I can

fatrat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2019, 05:02:26 PM »

Seems like a cool mod, looking forward to trying it when I can

Dude, you know this mod is for the last version of the game right, also, necro.

Semondice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2019, 03:07:06 AM »

Any chance there's going to be an update? Really wanted to try it out, seems really good material.
//"Work in Progress"//

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2019, 03:22:59 AM »

Nicke had confirmed some time ago that he wasn't going to work on getting Crystanite to 9.1a anytime soon, so highly unlikely, as he may be working on other things.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2019, 03:51:59 AM »

I think his biggest crystalship is incorporated in one of missions in many mods i have.

Semondice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2019, 09:39:38 AM »

Nicke had confirmed some time ago that he wasn't going to work on getting Crystanite to 9.1a anytime soon, so highly unlikely, as he may be working on other things.
Oh...  :( ok. Pity, that. Thanks for answering, anyway!
//"Work in Progress"//
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13