Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Scripting new AI Fleet Behaviours?  (Read 1116 times)

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Scripting new AI Fleet Behaviours?
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »

Is it possible to extend the behaviour of AI fleets? For example, something I want to try coding is, at a certain relation level between factions, to have small patrols below a certain size to be able to fight each other as per current default fleet behaviours but large fleets to mutually avoid each other - as a sort of AI version of border skirmishing/cold war before either side decides to commit to total war.

I'm fairly confident with Java but I've only just started digging through Starsector's code to try and understand it.

Bonus question: would something like this be possible under the provisional upcoming 0.65a API?

Posted an updated version of the javadoc here. It includes most of the API requests, with a few notable exceptions (SettingsAPI changes, EngineSlotAPI, MuzzleFlashAPI, some other stuff). Doesn't mean it won't get added, I'll most likely take another look at it - was just doing a "quick" pass over it today, and it's in good enough shape where I'd like to publish the new API now.

Standard disclaimer: any part of the API could change prior to the actual release.
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds