Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minor mod assistance requested.  (Read 3835 times)

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
Minor mod assistance requested.
« on: September 29, 2014, 06:07:22 PM »

Hello!
I've played SS awhile now, started about right before the change from SF to SS.
I decided to finally get around to modding, had a friend tell me the basics, really simple stuff, and decided to start small. A major re-balance mod.
This, I figured, would be simple because it adds no new art/sound assets, required no codeing, so to speak,
all I had to do was change data in the .csv
I think.
Haveing done more or less the entire weapons .csv (Aside from missiles, I wanted to do them after testing my energy and ballistic weaponry.)
I decided to test my mod, haveing only Lazylib, shaderlib, and Consol commands mods open along side. (I figured these would be harmless, considering I'm not useing anything from them, as far as I know, and if they don't work with either, then I'll have problems anyways.)
I'm getting an error, however >.<

I don't know what part of the log you'll need to see to figure out what's wrong, the only part I think looks off is this
Code
139102 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.plugins.BattleCreationPluginImpl]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.plugins.BattleCreationPluginImpl]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/plugins/BattleCreationPluginImpl.java"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:212)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/plugins/BattleCreationPluginImpl.java, Line 18, Column 13: Non-abstract class "data.scripts.plugins.BattleCreationPluginImpl" must implement method "public abstract void com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.BattleCreationPlugin.initBattle(com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.BattleCreationContext, com.fs.starfarer.api.mission.MissionDefinitionAPI)"
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:447)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:421)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:376)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:765)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:383)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:352)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:210)
... 5 more
Thanks in advance for the help!
Edit: also, what do most modders use for publishing there mods? I hope oneday to make this mod public.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:30:44 PM by Auraknight »
~Aura be with you

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
Re: Minor mod assistance requested.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »

Anyone? Please? if there's something obvious i'm missing here that no-one wants to point out, I'd love to know what it is.
~Aura be with you

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »

Well, I don't believe CharacterCreation has anything to do with CSVs. Try disabling your mod to see if it still crashes?

ORMtnMan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »

Also check if there is that particular file at the filepath specified in the first picture you posted. It could be inexplicable missing.
Creator and lord of The Ashkurr Commonwealth

Sprite artist and designer for Naysmyth Armouries

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »

Nope, game runs fine without the mod activated. I lookws for the the file in the default game files, it's missing. But the game runs without it when the mod isn't on?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:46:59 PM by Auraknight »
~Aura be with you

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:23:08 PM »

Do you have a file in your mods data/scripts/plugins folder called BattleCreationPluginImpl.java?

Or have you created a JAR file for your mod that has the package 'data.scripts.plugins' with 'BattleCreationPluginImpl.java' in it?

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »

Do you have a file in your mods data/scripts/plugins folder called BattleCreationPluginImpl.java?

Or have you created a JAR file for your mod that has the package 'data.scripts.plugins' with 'BattleCreationPluginImpl.java' in it?
Oh ***.
I was -sure- there wasn't anything in the folders in that section, but there it is.
The entire plug-ins folder is still there with all it's old files.
I'm just wondering now, Is it really necessary to have every single branch of the core files there, just empty? That's what my friend told me, so I -thought- I had the starsector-core files all emptied out in my mod pack. (I missed this one, apparently)
Just tested it after deleteing the stuff inside...
It works! Lags a lot, though...
~Aura be with you

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »

Oh ***.
I was -sure- there wasn't anything in the folders in that section, but there it is.
I'm just wondering now, Is it really necessary to have every single branch of the core files there, just empty? That's what my friend told me, so I -thought- I had the starsector-core files all emptied out in my mod pack. (I missed this one, apparently)

No, you only need to have files (and folder structures) in your mod that are additional/replacements to the starsector-core files.

If you are just adding a file that you have not changed at all, it is highly unlikely it is actually required.

.csv files are slightly different in that they are (by default) essentially merged with star-sector core and other mod .csv files on application start, but again, you only need the .csv's that contain additional/replacement content :)

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »

Oh ***.

No, you only need to have files (and folder structures) in your mod that are additional/replacements to the starsector-core files.

If you are just adding a file that you have not changed at all, it is highly unlikely it is actually required.

.csv files are slightly different in that they are (by default) essentially merged with star-sector core and other mod .csv files on application start, but again, you only need the .csv's that contain additional/replacement content :)
Well, thanks again! that'll make things less confuseing in the future. So for my last question, what's commonly accepted as the go-to for shareing?  I know if my mod is under 100kb, I can just attach it to the post, but what if it's more?
~Aura be with you

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »

A lot of people use http://www.mediafire.com/ and https://www.dropbox.com/.

If/when you start coding you may wish to use a online repository such as https://github.com/ or https://bitbucket.org/ and you can integrate these with IDE's such as NetBeans or IntelliJIDEA. But, I'd suggest starting with either mediafire or dropbox :)

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 09:09:49 PM »

A lot of people use http://www.mediafire.com/ and https://www.dropbox.com/.

If/when you start coding you may wish to use a online repository such as https://github.com/ or https://bitbucket.org/ and you can integrate these with IDE's such as NetBeans or IntelliJIDEA. But, I'd suggest starting with either mediafire or dropbox :)
again, thank you ever so much for your help. I was deadlocked before you came along!
~Aura be with you