Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Sector Battles: Tournament  (Read 67872 times)

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Battles: Tournament
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »

Yes my paragons are very specialized to be able to use their weapons effectively I had to cut a lot of my PD which was delegated to my medusa.

What ships were you fielding?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:14:41 AM by DM818 »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2014, 11:15:15 AM »

3 heavy maulers, 2 flaks, and 4 ion torpedoes. The ion torpedoes have been heavily nerfed for the sake of fairness.

Hmmm, that may work in my favor. Heavy Maulers won't be able to do much against Paragon shields. My Tempests will probably get crossfired and melted. Starting to think they were a bit of a mistake :P.

Yes my paragons are very specialized to be able to use their weapons effectively I had to cut a lot of my PD which was delegated to my medusa.

Yeah when I was playing around with the Templar weapons on Paragons flux management was a nightmare! Even with the full 50 vents and flux conduits they just sucked too much juice.

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »

I was concerned about flux usage but most ships can't respond after a volly from my paragons so they have time to take a breather.

I agree about issues with tempests that is why I went with a medusa.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »

My fleet is carrier-heavy but I worry I didn't bring enough fighters.  They're pretty damn expensive, but I see now that I maybe should have dropped everything EXCEPT the carriers (I have some screening ships), and just taken Moar Fighters.

That or not bothered with fighters and gone for capships.  Too much generalization will likely be my undoing :)

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »

My fleet is carrier-heavy but I worry I didn't bring enough fighters.  They're pretty damn expensive, but I see now that I maybe should have dropped everything EXCEPT the carriers (I have some screening ships), and just taken Moar Fighters.

That or not bothered with fighters and gone for capships.  Too much generalization will likely be my undoing :)

My fleet does VERY well against fighters less so against the shadow yard fighters but still shreds them.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »

3 heavy maulers, 2 flaks, and 4 ion torpedoes. The ion torpedoes have been heavily nerfed for the sake of fairness.

Hmmm, that may work in my favor. Heavy Maulers won't be able to do much against Paragon shields. My Tempests will probably get crossfired and melted. Starting to think they were a bit of a mistake :P.

I think they have been tested against 3 Paragons and just blew them without losses... Before the nerf though.

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »

The first of the videos is up on the bracket again  Templars vs Tri-Tach.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »

Even with the correct variants, I still got stomped. I wish my Jesuits hadn't been so damned stupid, and went for the Tempests, instead of the drones. Either way I was doomed, no way I could ever see any templar fleet comp beating 2 paragons at this stage, with that setup on them.

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »

Yeah you did work on those tempests though against weak shields you would do much better so you should have a better shot against the hegemony.

Also are the numbers in the brackets the cost of ships destroyed?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:00:11 PM by DM818 »

Chaos Farseer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »

Ouch, yeah, Paragons are nasty. And there's nothing more aggravating than an AI which disagrees with you. Still, though, those beams would've been real nasty against other fleets.

Say, Farlarzia, why didn't you have a large weapon on the Paladin? Too much flux?

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2014, 04:17:51 PM »

To much OP for the silly build I put together. I went for a long ranged max PD ship setup. That ship has every available slot filled with rhon lasers, the beam length upgrade mod, integrated targeting, and as many flux ports I could fit on, as well as reinforced bulkheads. Having a large slot wouldn't fit with the theme I was putting together, not even all the medium slots were full.

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »

I enjoy the fact that the first hegemony enforcer was flat out destroyed by the initial salvo of torpedoes in ValkyriaL vs HELMUT.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »

I think someone's been reading the forums and has taken Destroyer spam to heart. :D

Yea, the initial alpha-strike of all those Ion torpedos from ValkyriaL completely obliterated the screening destroyer force from HELMUT.  Once they ran out of torpedos, though, the final Onslaught and pair of Dominators were able to stick it out for some time, taking a few of the treasonous Hegemony ships with them. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »

I loved how that last enforcer on Valk's side took forever to kill. "I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!"
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »

The swarming seems to be working in the upper half of the bracket, I'm pretty sure kitsune would beat HELMUT simply due to the enforcers not having the missiles nor the maneuverability to get them all.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18