Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Cannot Unzip the game - Mac OSX 10.7.5  (Read 1838 times)

tokanite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Cannot Unzip the game - Mac OSX 10.7.5
« on: August 30, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I played Starsector (last time I played was when it was called Starfarer) but I'm excited to get back into the game, get some awesome mods, and check out all of the new featureas.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to unzip the game file. I've tried downloading the most recent version, and past four earlier releases. All zip files fail to unpack when I open with the default "Archive Utility", "The Unarchiver" and "UnrarX." All three of those programs failed to open all five of the zip files.

The program just bounces in the dock, as if it is loading, then just shuts down.

Does anybody else have this issue? Is there some setting that I have activated that's preventing me from accessing the file for some reason?

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to playing the game again.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Unzip the game - Mac OSX 10.7.5
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:23:01 PM »

Hi - hmm. That's really, really odd. Can you try opening it using the "unzip starsector_mac-0.6.2a-RC3.zip" from Terminal? (You'd have to be in the directory you've downloaded the file to.) If this fails, it might at least produce a meaningful error message.

tokanite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Unzip the game - Mac OSX 10.7.5
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

Interestingly, I was able to unzip the file today using the zip that was sent with my "lost key recovery" email. Not sure if the download path was somehow corrupting the zip or what, but it's working now.

Thanks!