Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Version Checker v2.0b (released 2020-08-28)  (Read 367112 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.7a] Version Checker v1.5 (released 2015-11-19)
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2015, 01:06:37 PM »

Version 1.5 is up, get it here (mirror).

Since there has been a Starsector update, all users will need to change Starsector's launch parameters to get Version Checker to work again (this only has to be done once per Starsector update):
Spoiler
  • 1.) Install this in your mod folder the same as any other mod
  • 2.) Edit your launch parameters (these would be in the same file you'd edit to increase the memory available to Starsector). This process depends on what operating system you use:
    Windows
    Spoiler
    If you're launching with starsector.exe you'll be editing vmparams in the main installation folder; otherwise you'll be editing starsector-core/starsector.bat. Make a backup first!

Add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the semicolon and quotes, and with no space before it): ;"..\\mods\Version Checker\jars\lw_VersionChecker.jar"
    Example:
    Quote from: vmparams
    -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Xss1024k -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;jinput.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar;"..\\mods\Version Checker\jars\lw_VersionChecker.jar" -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
    [close]

Linux
    Spoiler
    For Linux I believe you would need to edit starsector.sh in the main installation folder (make a backup first) and add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the colon and quotes, and with no space before it): :"./mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" - any confirmation on this would be great.
    Example:
    Quote from: starsector.sh
    ./jre_linux/bin/java -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=./native/linux -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath janino.jar:commons-compiler.jar:commons-compiler-jdk.jar:starfarer.api.jar:starfarer_obf.jar:jogg-0.0.7.jar:jorbis-0.0.15.jar:json.jar:lwjgl.jar:jinput.jar:log4j-1.2.9.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:fs.sound_obf.jar:fs.common_obf.jar:xstream-1.4.2.jar:"./mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=./saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=./screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=./mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
    [close]

Mac
    Spoiler
    For Mac you will need to edit Starfarer.app/Contents/MacOS/starsector_mac.sh (make a backup first). Add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the colon and quotes, and with no space before it): :"../../../mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar"
    Example:
    Quote from: starsector_mac.sh
    Spoiler
    #!/bin/bash

DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "$BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
    echo $DIR  > /tmp/out.txt

cd "$DIR"
    cd "../Resources/Java"

export JAVA_HOME=../../Home
    "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" \
        -Xdock:name="Starsector" \
        -Xdock:icon=../../Resources/s_icon128.icns \
        -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=false \
        -Dcom.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar=false \
        -Dapple.awt.showGrowBox=false \
        -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 \
        ${EXTRAARGS} \
       -server \
       -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 \
       -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt \
       -Djava.library.path=../../Resources/Java/native/macosx \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../../../saves \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../../../screenshots \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../../../mods \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=../../../logs \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.osx=true \
        -Xms512m \
        -Xmx512m \
       -cp ../../Resources/Java/AppleJavaExtensions.jar:../../Resources/Java/commons-compiler-jdk.jar:../../Resources/Java/commons-compiler.jar:../../Resources/Java/fs.common_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/fs.sound_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/janino.jar:../../Resources/Java/jinput.jar:../../Resources/Java/jogg-0.0.7.jar:../../Resources/Java/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:../../Resources/Java/json.jar:../../Resources/Java/log4j-1.2.9.jar:../../Resources/Java/lwjgl.jar:../../Resources/Java/lwjgl_util.jar:../../Resources/Java/starfarer.api.jar:../../Resources/Java/starfarer_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/xstream-1.4.2.jar:"../../../mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" \
        com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher \
        "$@" \
        2>&1

exit 0
    [close]
    [close]
You will have to redo step 2 after every Starsector update. I apologize for the inconvenience, but this step is required due to how the mod functions. :(
[close]

Changelog:
Version 1.5 (November 19, 2015)
=================================
Updated to be compatible with Starsector 0.7a
Local versions that are newer than the latest known are shown in cyan
If an update check fails, the reason is now shown in the update dialog
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:03:19 PM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Version Checker v1.6 (released 2015-12-08)
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 06:12:34 PM »

Version 1.6 is up, get it here (mirror).

What's changed in 1.6? Nothing major, just that you no longer have to edit any files to get Version Checker to function. Version Checker now acts the same as any other mod, just download and run. Enjoy! :)

Edit: users who edited their vmparams/bat/sh files shouldn't have to change anything back to normal. Everything should continue to work.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:25:37 PM by LazyWizard »

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2015, 06:35:30 PM »

What's changed in 1.6? Nothing major, just that you no longer have to edit any files to get Version Checker to function. Version Checker now acts the same as any other mod, just download and run. Enjoy! :)

Edit: users who edited their vmparams/bat/sh files shouldn't have to change anything back to normal. Everything should continue to work.

How you did that? I am very curious ^.^

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »

How you did that? I am very curious ^.^

Likewise :)

EDIT: I remember there being something about the classpath that StarSector used. I assume Alex changed something in the way that this is used? Maybe include the mods folder by default? (don't really know anything about Java so could be wrong...:) )
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:40:56 PM by Zaphide »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2015, 06:41:46 PM »

It definitely wasn't because some of the restrictions on mod-loaded classes were lifted several Starsector updates ago and I only just now noticed... *cough*
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:46:57 PM by LazyWizard »

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2015, 04:28:57 AM »

Thank you so much for this mod LazyWizard. You definitely spoil us XD I found it awesome how it even takes you by your hand and to the page you need to download the update from (well it did for the main game XD)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:32:58 AM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile

Would you be willing to make a small external app that could be plopped into the Mods folder and do basically the same check? I know some people won't use it because "muh securitay" but I think it'd be great to be able to both check versions without loading the whole game (especially for us with poor limping dinosaurs) and to check mods that aren't currently enabled (likewise).
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile

Since I'm fairly sure that notifying every single mod that hosts their version file in dropbox would be too much of a hassle...
I'm bumping this thread.

Meanwhile the mod still works perfectly, many mods will report an error because the dropbox hosted files are no longer being shared. Neither should it work again if the modder reshares the file, since it will generate a new file sharing link, in this case it would need a mod update (by the mod author) for the mod to work again with version checker again.

Additionally, and unrelatedly, this change also means that all image content hosted on dropbox is no longer able to be directly displayed in webpages.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

Since I'm fairly sure that notifying every single mod that hosts their version file in dropbox would be too much of a hassle...
I'm bumping this thread.

Meanwhile the mod still works perfectly, many mods will report an error because the dropbox hosted files are no longer being shared. Neither should it work again if the modder reshares the file, since it will generate a new file sharing link, in this case it would need a mod update (by the mod author) for the mod to work again with version checker again.

Additionally, and unrelatedly, this change also means that all image content hosted on dropbox is no longer able to be directly displayed in webpages.

Why is DB no longer sharing?
Edit: Affected mods on my end:
BRDY
SRA
LazyWizard mods
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:24:11 AM by Midnight Kitsune »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile

DME is also affected, I'll be a little while fixing it due to life stuff.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

DME is also affected, I'll be a little while fixing it due to life stuff.
It is working fine for me here
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Dropbox public linking for all free accounts has gone away? ???

Anyone got a link to the announcement? or is this just an on-the-sly change?

:edit:

Never mind, found it: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/16.

Any idea if there's a (user friendly) way of making Google Drive create direct links?
Ideally a Windows shell extension that adds the functionality to the Google Drive context menu? Though a bookmarklet that worked from the webpage brought up when you "view on the web" would be ok too.

:edit:

Ok, looks like you can still create direct links to files on dropbox - it's just a little more tedious.

• right click any file within your dropbox folder
  • "Copy Dropbox link"
  • paste the link to where ever you need it
  • Remove the "?dl=0" suffix, and replace it with "?raw=1"
  • the link will now be a direct file download link accessible to all, that can be used on forums et al.

e.g.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:12:52 AM by TJJ »

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile

Public linking has not gone away, it is just different now, as far as I can tell.

This should work.

BTW the link is an old flash ship preview I made for my own mod, it is no longer on the Public folder and it is now in an Starsector folder, inside Dropbox.

It just the public folder what's gone, and the ability to host media and display it directly on a webpage. Previously what I linked would have been opened in a new tab, now it won't, and it will just prompt you to download it, the same happens with images.

You can now share publicly any file, from any folder, it won't let you use dropbox as a image host though... Unless you're a pro or business user, but those users will also lose the ability to do that by September.

You can still use Dropbox to distribute mods (if the previous link works), not sure if it will work with version checker though, since it probably won't let you access the file directly.

So far I've been trying to use Google Photos as a image host. Seems to be working, at the very least I can open stuff with different browsers...
To do so I just made a new album, uploaded some images, opened one, clicked share, copied the link, and used this tool to get a link to something that can be embedded, sadly it is  a much more cumbersome process. If this works the image in the spoilers should be visible. Otherwise time to search for a different image host.

Spoiler

[close]

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Public linking has not gone away, it is just different now, as far as I can tell

Sorry, by public linking I meant direct linking.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile

Public linking has not gone away, it is just different now, as far as I can tell.

This should work.

BTW the link is an old flash ship preview I made for my own mod, it is no longer on the Public folder and it is now in an Starsector folder, inside Dropbox.

It just the public folder what's gone, and the ability to host media and display it directly on a webpage. Previously what I linked would have been opened in a new tab, now it won't, and it will just prompt you to download it, the same happens with images.

You can now share publicly any file, from any folder, it won't let you use dropbox as a image host though... Unless you're a pro or business user, but those users will also lose the ability to do that by September.

You can still use Dropbox to distribute mods (if the previous link works), not sure if it will work with version checker though, since it probably won't let you access the file directly.

So far I've been trying to use Google Photos as a image host. Seems to be working, at the very least I can open stuff with different browsers...
To do so I just made a new album, uploaded some images, opened one, clicked share, copied the link, and used this tool to get a link to something that can be embedded, sadly it is  a much more cumbersome process. If this works the image in the spoilers should be visible. Otherwise time to search for a different image host.

Spoiler

[close]

Is that a teaser I see?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10