Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I have a cool mod idea  (Read 2094 times)

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
I have a cool mod idea
« on: July 21, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »

I have an idea for a mod, it would have ships from a game called FTL: Faster Than Light. But I do not have the skill nor the software for spriting, coding, etc. ::) So for those that do not know the game each ship would have four weapon mounts (not sure what size yet) and PD drones. I want to make this a  ship/weapon mod not a total conversion (It would be nice but I don't want to stress the people that help) and it would add all (If not most) of the ships/weapons from the game.
May the fry be with you.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: I have a cool mod idea
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »

sounds cool, yes, but it's not without its problems.

in FTL, all the ships have forward facing weapons, that when fired "somehow" manage to always hit the enemy from different sides. Thus, their ships have no visible weapon mounts, and their weapons have no turrets.

Drones are only available to SS as a ship system, i.e you cannot swap them out like you do in FTL

also, while the size of FTL ships are never specified, they are a LOT smaller than SS ships (the rebel flagship has less than 12 crew, I think, while the Lasher class FRIGATE has 25 iirc, the player ships in FTL has only 8 )

it's a cool idea, sure, but there are definitely problems in its execution.... Trust me, the same idea crossed my mind a while ago :P
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:39:15 PM by gunnyfreak »
mmm.... tartiflette

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »

yeah i understand :/
May the fry be with you.

ORMtnMan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 01:23:32 PM »

That does not mean we couldn't add some FTL ships as small frigates into the game... The gun facing could all be forward facing or we could take some artistic license and make some turrets...

I might throw together a Kestrel at some point for fun.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:25:26 PM by ORMtnMan »
Creator and lord of The Ashkurr Commonwealth

Sprite artist and designer for Naysmyth Armouries

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »

You can take any artistic license you like in size and weapons, it just depends how much time you're willing to invest.

ORMtnMan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »

HAH! It always comes down to time, between my own mod and other stuff I am working on (not to mention my real life) I never seem to have enough. I have intentions though :) and dreams
Creator and lord of The Ashkurr Commonwealth

Sprite artist and designer for Naysmyth Armouries