Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mod Feedback Thread (New Poll!)  (Read 23218 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Mod Feedback Thread (New Poll!)
« on: July 15, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »

Mod Feedback Thread
Feedback is the lifeblood of modding.
If you don't tell the modders what you like or don't like, they have literally no idea what they should change or improve.
Review and criticize your favorite (or least favorite) mods in this thread, so your feedback isn't lost in the sea of threads, and so that other modders can learn from their peers' mistakes.

(New!)
Starsector Mod Survey II
Give valuable feedback on many mods at the same time.  Now includes more mods, including TCs.  The survey format and statistics have also been improved.
Click Here!

Results and mod rankings available here.

Old Survey
Spoiler
General Mod Feedback Survey
Give valuable feedback on many mods at the same time. (Does not include TCs, utilities, or 0.6.2a-incompatible mods.)
Click Here!

Results and mod rankings available here.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:34:15 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »

This is a tremendously good idea, and I sure hope it will be used!
Maybe a little improvement to the survey would be to add an "underpowered" option (cauz my guys get shredderd by anyone but the pirates) and a "no opinion" option: I see Scy got 2 vote on well balanced plus 2 absentions and that divide their balance score by half.

I don't know if it's possible via googledocs, but a presentation like this

Mod Name:      Ovepowered [ ]    Powerfull [ ]   Balanced [ ]   Underpowered [ ]   No Opinion [ X ]

with the tick in no opinion by default would be more user friendly in my opinion.
Anyway, good job on putting that up!

PS is there a time reset or something if someone update a new version of it's mod and want to see what people think of it then?

And to be in the Topic subject, my favorites and I think balanced mods are (unsurprisingly) Blackrock, Interstelar Imperium, and Shadowyards!
I also play with Tup, Exigency, BGE, but only to oppose them.
Then there are Neutrino and Valkyrians: the first has balanced weapons but overpowered ships, and for the second it's the opposite (exept for the fighters)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:42:54 AM by Tartiflette »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »

Very useful thread, could use some feedback from a lot more people than i currently do.

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 10:23:54 AM »

quoted from final section:
Pick the mods that you think have good writing, finely-tuned details, proper english errors, and so forth.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:38:54 AM »

Your faction is quite possibly the only one that is actually underpowered.  However, I updated the form to specify that it applies to OP and UP factions just the same. There are only a few responses so far; as more come in, the ratings will be more accurate.

I'll probably do that kind of survey layout next time; I'll likely do one each month.

proper english errors
Are you saying that you'd rather not have the mod authors make errors like a proper Englishman?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »

Yeah, that might be the case: they feel overpowered when you fly them in one on one simulation... But in large battles, even at 2 on 1 they get obliterated. I wonder what scores the Knights will get once they are out!

Again, good job putting that up!

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 11:21:43 AM »

Heh, seems Blackrock Driveyards has the best overall score so far. I still agree though.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »

Lots of votes for "mediocre design" seems to bring Project Batavia down a lot on the design aspect. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind that though, as PB has a clear design philosophy: WW2 era inspired spaceships and weapons. Do people just dislike the design philosophy? Or the way it is realised / implemented? Or does it boil down to something as simple as "don't like the sprites".

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »

Lots of votes for "mediocre design" seems to bring Project Batavia down a lot on the design aspect. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind that though, as PB has a clear design philosophy: WW2 era inspired spaceships and weapons. Do people just dislike the design philosophy? Or the way it is realised / implemented? Or does it boil down to something as simple as "don't like the sprites".
It's probably the sprites.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »

It's probably the sprites.

I should probably remove the outdated and barebones sprites from the OP then, and instead replace them with ingame screenshots of the ships, since they have since received many overhauls and have also been updated with animated parts and better looking weapons.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN II MOD HAVE MEDIOCRE DESIGN

On a more serious note, i like the idea. However i'm confused/don't really agree with some of the proposed stats. I'm not very sure how to interpret boring/mediocre design/professional/rough and even broken. What does those actually stand for? Edit: DIDN'T READ OLOL, i'm an idiot

Erick, for the mediocre design, i'm thinking like Nanao, it's probably about the sprites. Haven't played much Batavia though, so it's possible the problem might come from something else.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:15:00 PM by HELMUT »

sarducardun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 12:11:06 PM »

Well I said BGE is broken because i can only run 1 or 2 other mods with it (if that) due to it's sheer size. The rest, IDK really either, especially acoustic design i was like eh?

Edit: 5 valk is boring votes and 1 BRDY is broken vote are kinda weird. The power of massed responses apparently, I wouldn't have called it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:14:39 PM by sarducardun »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »

What do people think about the Valkyrians then? ive heard the AI controls them really well, and that they become broken with vanilla weapons "which i'm fixing" but they aren't that fun to fly apparently.

sarducardun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »

I love Valk, their frigs are slow (Edit 4 burn) but the rest i have no fault on and the amount of ship variations rules. Broken as in OP or AI has a spaz attack with them? as i don't often use vanilla weps (too many modded ones) I haven't noticed it.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 12:23:56 PM »

but they aren't that fun to fly apparently.

I think they suffer from the same problem as other factions that field big, rough ships. As you said they work very well with the AI but there's no much fancy stuffs you can do while directly piloting them. Plowing the enemy fleet with your Vatican class and letting the auto-fire shooting everything isn't as exciting as piloting something much trickier like an Hyperion.

But then again, the AI can't fly correctly a Hyperion either. Can't have everything.
Pages: [1] 2 3