Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299233 times)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a RC 8] Metelson industries: 7.3.4 08/22/2020
« Reply #420 on: August 23, 2020, 02:39:48 PM »

Thanks for the Update  :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a RC 8] Metelson industries: 7.3.4 08/22/2020
« Reply #421 on: December 23, 2020, 10:35:41 PM »

Drengur and Thrudgelmir are included in the Midline bp package, probably shouldn't be since they're capitals. Acutor is also in the Low Tech package, not sure about that one.

Also some fighters get caught up in those packages but they show up in the Ship Hulls tab screen instead of the Fighters tab, messy and I'm not sure if that will cause any problems.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Rework in Progress
« Reply #422 on: October 14, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »

Hi Az, i hope your work on update of Metelson is going well. We're waiting for some news , those which remember your mod.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 18, 2021, 11:26:36 AM »

I'm stoked
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Takodachi-Core

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2022, 02:57:02 PM »

Is this dead?
Please dont let it be.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
Az's Metelson Industries (offically dead) :: Important Update 03/12/2024
« Reply #425 on: March 12, 2024, 11:50:01 PM »

This mod has been a joy for me. I have learned so much, met many good folks, and had a hell of time trying to put this together.

However, after several years of no activity. I am working with someone else within the community to take my concept, the mod, and whatever I have made for it, and bring it to life. I may add to it, illustrations, etc.

They will make the announcement themselves if they choose to.
I will not spoil what or who they are.

But a lot has happened in my life. Since 2020 I have been struggling with myself in many ways. And I Just, couldn't get back into development. 

TLDR: Life happened, I am Transgender, abuse happened, I am hurting and getting better. I am okay now, but was not okay for longer than I want to think about. Spoiler holds more broad story.

Spoiler
In particular note- and this IS important. -I am Transgender, and I was struggling with that, longer than I want to admit here. Since 2019 I have been out of the closet to a select few, and in 2021 I came out to my family and in July of that year? I began HRT.

In 2021 I was struggling with school, and family. Daily there were petty passive-aggressive remarks, emotional abuse, and degradation of who I was, name calling, jokes about me. A lot. I put up with it because... I was the rock, they were family. I was afraid of being on my own. Of my mother being hurt. When they begun to move, I had a choice to try an be on my own- which I could not safely do in any respect with my location.

Eventually, I made a choice and moved from the West coast of the US, to the east-coast with my family. Traveling over 3000 miles to one of the southern states to be precise. My mother, aunt, sister, and several other family members grew increasingly agressive about who I am as a woman, and more. I met the love of my life, my friends... But I didn't feel safe in the state I was in. I couldn't trust much family anymore... So, I became homeless- essentially -for a month and moved back to the west coast to my cousin who was supportive, and knew I was out since 2019...

So, I have traveled over 7000 miles in less than a year on my own with everything I could take in my car. I kept my cat every time- I was not going to abandon him. I am still processing eveyrthing, still ... healling, for lack of a better term.
[close]
So, it is to that end. That Az The Squishy's version of Metelson Industries, is no longer being updated, revamped, or worked on by Petra "Az" The Squishy.

My mod is dead.

And I am so glad to have made people happy with my work. That's all I ever really wanted.

I hope the person who takes my work, continues that, and enjoys everything I couldn't manage.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024
« Reply #426 on: March 13, 2024, 12:40:11 AM »

Holy crap, I'm so sorry for all you've had to endure.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]