Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299219 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: CEO letter updated 5.0.1 4/20/2018
« Reply #390 on: March 28, 2019, 09:55:28 PM »

Locking this for now, per Azmond's request.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a RC 8] Metelson industries: 7.0.0 03/12/2020 RC1
« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2020, 01:49:41 AM »

Metelson Industries and getting the dust off it's boots folks and getting ready to delve back into things! At this point in time Metelson's is back into a running state, it is not the best state, but it's a running state with some goodies. I have plans for the future that I will share here later.

For now, the biggest changes are that 1) crap ships and chaff have been removed. Development ships may be visable, but otherwise, all ships are standard and workable. 2) enjoy the text. You'll see what I mean. 3) let me know if you get any errors as in, really REALLY bad errors. AS far as my testing went, nothing borked up, but still. Lemme know.

Otherwise, thanks for waiting on me ya' blaggards, and Metelson Industries thanks you for your patience!

Download a full Cataloge of our Ships and Systems Information now~!
^!^!^ DOWNLOAD THE MOD ^!^!^
Nexerelin COMPATIBLE / LAZYLIB IS REQUIRED FOR MISSIONS

sucateer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a RC 8] Metelson industries: 7.0.0 03/12/2020 RC1
« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2020, 03:48:22 PM »

I was waiting for this, nice!

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a RC 8] Metelson industries: 7.0.1 03/13/2020 RC1
« Reply #393 on: March 13, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »

Augh, right, so I had some numbers that were much too big and I did a few smaller adjustments... Not much. Basically people were finding Metelson Ships more than they should've... ... I figured out it was the Ship-roles and such. Now i know that those numbers aren't just faction specific! Good to know! :D

This is a patch as it doesn't break things.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:31:16 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a RC 8] Metelson industries: 7.0.2 03/25/2020 RC1
« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »

Changes as of: 03/25/2020

Nexerlrin support offcially set up again. Let me know if anything screws up please!

That is all.

Sts678

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »

It seems that too many Metelson's ships are spawned in other factions's fleet in the latest version.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 27, 2020, 12:03:16 AM »

Oh for cusses ' sake... ... If I broke something again.... Let me check tomorrow and I'll see what I broke.

Edit:
Though, what version of the mod are you actually running? The 7.0.0 release had this issue but that was due to an issue regarding numbers within ship-roles which has since been fixed. So, unless it is indeed the older version you may want to update or wait for the fleets to rotate. If you were running the old version, the changes will- or rather should -be applied on the next market update and on any fleets that "Stand down" from their patrol or activity.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:20:26 AM by Azmond »

TheSpruceMoose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 30, 2020, 11:58:08 PM »

Hey Azmond, just want to say I used to play Metelson back in the day (few years ago, before I took a hiatus from Starsector), and always enjoyed it. Glad you've updated it! Thanks man!  8)

Nyctophonik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 08, 2020, 07:33:35 AM »

I installed Metelson a couple weeks ago and have to say that it's probably one of my favorite faction mods I've tried so far. It's pretty balanced and the ships look nice and not too flashy.
a couple of notes I've noticed:
1. In Nexerelin, the Metelson is almost completely passive (doesn't use agents/declare wars) but will literally never stop fighting someone when they do get attacked.
They ally with the League a lot and will literally always vote "no" for alliance actions, causing wars to be dragged out for ridiculous amounts of time (i.e. war with the Tri-Tachyon for literally 4 years). Also Votuyro Outpost gets targeted for invasions a lot, though I've never seen a faction actually succeed at taking a Metelson colony.
2. Ragnus has too many industries on it
3. Asharu Shipyard has the same traits as Asharu itself
4. The Vigil, and Hammerhead barely ever appear in markets but do appear in patrols, and the ROMA doesn't seem to appear anywhere at all
5. (more of a suggestion) Metelson ships seem to accelerate/decelerate/manuever a lot slower than their top speed suggest (especially the Securi).
all of this is just what I noticed after 5 cycle long campaign though, and I don't know if these are intended.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 08, 2020, 09:10:07 AM »

I installed Metelson a couple weeks ago and have to say that it's probably one of my favorite faction mods I've tried so far. It's pretty balanced and the ships look nice and not too flashy.
a couple of notes I've noticed:
1. In Nexerelin, the Metelson is almost completely passive (doesn't use agents/declare wars) but will literally never stop fighting someone when they do get attacked.
They ally with the League a lot and will literally always vote "no" for alliance actions, causing wars to be dragged out for ridiculous amounts of time (i.e. war with the Tri-Tachyon for literally 4 years). Also Votuyro Outpost gets targeted for invasions a lot, though I've never seen a faction actually succeed at taking a Metelson colony.
2. Ragnus has too many industries on it
3. Asharu Shipyard has the same traits as Asharu itself
4. The Vigil, and Hammerhead barely ever appear in markets but do appear in patrols, and the ROMA doesn't seem to appear anywhere at all
5. (more of a suggestion) Metelson ships seem to accelerate/decelerate/manuever a lot slower than their top speed suggest (especially the Securi).
all of this is just what I noticed after 5 cycle long campaign though, and I don't know if these are intended.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the mod, both you and Sprucemoose.

Now as for the feedback, thank you again! Feedback is always important to me!

Regarding Nexeirlin... I'm not sure what I have control over or not. It sounds appropriate for Metelson though. They hate the Tritachyon for a variety of reasons.

As for the planet Ragnus and ship yard around Asharu? Ragnus is a hold over from older development and me not understanding entirely the new marketing systems. The Asharu market was intended.

Otherwise I'm not sure about the others... I'll look into it and see what I can figure out. Not sure though.

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2020, 05:59:54 AM »

I checked the modding forum just to see if Metelson had come out of stasis, glad to see you've returned. I missed my space tanks!

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2020, 08:41:30 AM »

Space Tonk best Tonk!!

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 27, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »

Metelson Industries is out with a balance update of sorts. It's a very loose update. Mostly- as some of you may very well know -Thrurdgelmir is... auh, cheesey with certian things. This has been changed. Likewise, the industries on Ragnus have been spread out slightly and there is now a new planet! Anvil! It's basically a massive astroid but, it's a good Base for Ship-buidling an so on.

Either way, enjoy and if anything breaks let me know! I tested with several games using the older version of Metelson Industries and it didn't crash. Though I was running it very mod lite... So, if you've a lot of mods? Auh... Good luck, dunno how it'll work!  If it breaks auh, let me know and I'll see what I can do but, yeah... No promises if you got a mod-list bigger than a CVS receipt.

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a RC 8] Metelson industries: 7.2.0 04/27/2020
« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2020, 06:42:15 PM »

Metelson Industries is out with a balance update of sorts. It's a very loose update
Thank you for your hard work! The art of Metelson is charming, really love them ;)

Well, talking something about the balance, there is no doubt that these ships have an unbelievable low dp, which make them out of date first.

Another problem is that, Metelson are combination of high shield efficiency and good power grid, they also moving extremely fast. Above all they contain most advantage of Tri Tachyon, lets go on.

The slot, Metelson are major in ballistic & missile (I also found that Custos-class have four SM synergy, I cant image when will I fit some energy, just equal it as missile), Capital ships all have some fighter deck.

Overall, the Metelson ship are a lot over power IMO, hoping these problems will be solved in follow updates! I will keep an eye on it as a fan of Metelson Industries. ;D

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2020, 10:24:59 PM »

Metelson Industries is out with a balance update of sorts. It's a very loose update. Mostly- as some of you may very well know -Thrurdgelmir is... auh, cheesey with certian things. This has been changed. Likewise, the industries on Ragnus have been spread out slightly and there is now a new planet! Anvil! It's basically a massive astroid but, it's a good Base for Ship-buidling an so on.

Planet named anvil? Now thats a name i can get behind  8)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29