Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299207 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: You saw nothing (Patch)! a2.95B 11/21/16
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »

Finally got around to trying this mod, the ships look very good! They capture the vanilla aesthetic really well.

Some critique:
I think the flag could look better if it was somewhat simplified, (I know that's pretty subjective).
Something like this maybe? Or just make the pickaxe solid color?

Here's the .svg file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2Uc2I0ZA8wamdDNTBFdlBSanc
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:06:14 PM by Bastion.Systems »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »

Uaah... Didn't see this coming, thank you! I have been busy with other things, but the crests and Flag, probably need more work soon here... (the colors are to try an help give the Mattock some definition.)

In reply to your critique (And to give people a bit of a monthly update... and a peering into what I've done and thought previously).
I've changed the flag many times. But it often was meant to have a few symbols to help define the faction with a simple glance.
One of the icons/symbols in the flag was to be the Mattock or Pickaxe.

These were meant to point to metelson's being more utilitarian in design- at least in attempted design -and the colors, they've changed throught the months/2 years. as well as the color designs. So, let's take the Pala- the standard little Poster-boy for Metelson -and then the flag.
OLDEST Pala
Spoiler

[close]
NEWEST  Pala
As I improved, I moved to change the colors towards more Mid to lowtech. One of the colors that I thought was, was Orange. A bright brown rusty orange of sorts. it was similar to some colors seen on construction vehicles, but. As you can see I started out like crap and have been trying to get better. And even during expereimentations. it was clear that chosing a solid color-scheme was better than playing with multiple pallets... @~@  Even working with skins i keep to a similar color-scheme now, adn have even used some of the crests currently to help add a Metelson Identity to some things.  ;)
Currently, With the flag, I feel it's the best iteration to date.
Spoiler

[close]

With the flag, I wanted to give a feel that Metelson was different. Again though, with colors I've had some issues and gotten better. The flag- at it's current best -goes for more subdued colors that suit the faction. Metelson's ethics tend to be grounded and heavy in "Work hard, earn yourself a name." sort of deals. Obviouslly that's a bit for PR, but, in general is a core idea or tenant. So, before this current flag. The previous flag was pretty bright, painfully-bright, ugly. But, was trying to symbolize ores. Gold, Silver, and Iron. it was also to symbolize the planets and system of Rock in some way. The pick/Mattock an obvious point towards, agian, the main point of Metelson.
Clearly it wasn't the best implimentation, so i went back to the board an begun to hammer out some ideas.

But, a bit of a update-post aside... I have to agree. A simplified flag might be best, though, personally, I like the current flag. if I can get the Mattock to look better- among removing some of those lines. Might work out for the best.
Regardless. Thank you! I really appreciate that you have enjoyed the mod and how it looks. :) Hopefully it isn't too much of a weird-one in regards to balance. as that's been one of the things i have been quiet worried about. xD

As it stands now as 12:33 or so my time, I have to get ready for work.

Az out folks.

Also, portraits are something to  that I'm thinking on as well, but, we shall see.

NINJA TEASER!!!
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:26:48 AM by Azmond »

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2016, 02:04:08 AM »

Wow the iterative progress on that ship!
I think I like the old flag a little better than the current one, 3d effects and gradients blur to a mess at distance. A good test is how it looks on the Intel tab notifications.

On the symbolism, if you look closely I have put the mattock on the new one in a highly stylized form (because I suck at complex shapes :P in Inkscape).

Also, about the map colors: every time I see a Metelson fleet I do a double take to check if they are not pirates, if I turn on f.lux I can't tell the difference without a mouse over. 

Metelson's ethics tend to be grounded and heavy in "Work hard, earn yourself a name." sort of deals.
Seems like a bunch of Ludd type of folk, no nonsense, no tricks, no breaking the laws of physics too much.

I made a wallpaper 1080p wallpaper from the .svg for some reason, enjoy:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2Uc2I0ZA8wXy1uSXZ0Wk9WaHc
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:09:17 AM by Bastion.Systems »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2016, 04:02:34 AM »

Haven't played a Metelson campaign yet, but i still tested a few things. I noticed a few issues here and there. The faction could use a balance pass, and some descriptions have really weird writing. I also have a few issues with the Metelson-ised vanilla sprites.

The first simple thing i noticed, would be to rename the mod folder. "miPUBLIC" isn't really telling, a zip/folder named "Metelson" with the version number would be easier to manage for the player.

In the campaign, there's no description when hovering the mouse over MiShip Port in Corvus. As for the descriptions, there's quite a few weird ones. I won't list all of them, but the issue is quite obvious in Nemo's video (around 31:50).

https://youtu.be/k9Yn9OXieDg?t=30m50s

For the ships, i noticed Metelson crafts were always superior to their vanilla equivalent, sporting slightly better stats/mounts, for the same cost (Stinulv/Wolf, Mite/Kite, Farin/Cerberus, etc.). While there are some blatantly stronger ships (Actel, Varingur, Acutor...), they only really are because of their extremely cheap deployment price. The rest of the fleet tends to be more reasonable with the balance, although i just skimmed over them with the simulator, so i could have missed some things.

I have a gripe with the Rostor system series. I think there's 3 of those, all of them offers just slightly different stats but otherwise looks nearly identical to each other (and to their vanilla cousin, the Damper field). This is also part of what i think is the biggest issue with the mod : readability. You can't quickly identify who does what in a Metelson fleet, this includes ship systems and the Metelson/Vanilla variants. The video i posted above also highlight this problem, Nemo cannot immediately differentiate the Metelson ships from vanilla.

Here's what i did for the Custos, AKA Enforson :

Asides from the mounts and color, the Custos is pretty much a carbon-copy of the Enforcer XIV. On the right, i tried to Metelson-ize it while keeping the original shape. Other mods like Tiandong and the Ship/weapon pack offer a good execution of the whole "vanilla ship, but different" idea if you need some guidelines.

While this is not in-depth feedback, i hope this'll still be helpful for improving your faction.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2016, 08:12:40 AM »

I agree with that, you would think the ships are something close to Tiandong with the backstory and theming (as good as vanilla but different), but Metelson modified ships have clearly better stats in all categories. So they fall more towards BRDY and Try-Tach stuff.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2016, 11:16:38 AM »

Spoiler
Haven't played a Metelson campaign yet, but i still tested a few things. I noticed a few issues here and there. The faction could use a balance pass, and some descriptions have really weird writing. I also have a few issues with the Metelson-ised vanilla sprites.

The first simple thing i noticed, would be to rename the mod folder. "miPUBLIC" isn't really telling, a zip/folder named "Metelson" with the version number would be easier to manage for the player.

In the campaign, there's no description when hovering the mouse over MiShip Port in Corvus. As for the descriptions, there's quite a few weird ones. I won't list all of them, but the issue is quite obvious in Nemo's video (around 31:50).

https://youtu.be/k9Yn9OXieDg?t=30m50s

For the ships, i noticed Metelson crafts were always superior to their vanilla equivalent, sporting slightly better stats/mounts, for the same cost (Stinulv/Wolf, Mite/Kite, Farin/Cerberus, etc.). While there are some blatantly stronger ships (Actel, Varingur, Acutor...), they only really are because of their extremely cheap deployment price. The rest of the fleet tends to be more reasonable with the balance, although i just skimmed over them with the simulator, so i could have missed some things.

I have a gripe with the Rostor system series. I think there's 3 of those, all of them offers just slightly different stats but otherwise looks nearly identical to each other (and to their vanilla cousin, the Damper field). This is also part of what i think is the biggest issue with the mod : readability. You can't quickly identify who does what in a Metelson fleet, this includes ship systems and the Metelson/Vanilla variants. The video i posted above also highlight this problem, Nemo cannot immediately differentiate the Metelson ships from vanilla.

Here's what i did for the Custos, AKA Enforson :

Asides from the mounts and color, the Custos is pretty much a carbon-copy of the Enforcer XIV. On the right, i tried to Metelson-ize it while keeping the original shape. Other mods like Tiandong and the Ship/weapon pack offer a good execution of the whole "vanilla ship, but different" idea if you need some guidelines.

While this is not in-depth feedback, i hope this'll still be helpful for improving your faction.
[close]

You clever little ducky... You cannibalized my ships! I've tried that before, but I'm still not quiet as good, as I'd like to be. perhaps this'd be a good time to give it another swing.
And, frankly since the few fiascos that Nemo- and undoubtedly others -have had to work with, I have been very much thinking on what to do in regards to balance.   With the 3 teir System, I'm still in the works of changing thing around and will very likely add different systems from Vanilla's catalouge instead of the Roster-Series. Which is overused on my ships (which I freely have admited here).
As for theme, well, funnily enough, Metelson came out first. But THI did it better. When THI came out, Metelson's theme was still in the works as well as the graphics and was far from what it is today.

However, continuing with Balance, I've been thinking of what to do. I've made ships very crew-strict and I think that's an idea of sorts... Most people tend to work on Armor, however,  I think I'll give balnacing via Hull, Speed, Turning and CR a go instead. I'll do some heavy play-testing throughout my vacation after school finals are done.  The main idea behind this is the fact that Metelson Industries is primarily intended to be utilitarian in most forms. So, initially, the idea was to have more armor and hull. But, it occurred to me. If metelson ships are for Mining, survivablity, longevity and Work-force efficacy are some of the main ideas behind modern mining equipment. Why not try to balance that by reducing speed, cahnging turn rates, etc....    Regardless, trust me when I say. I've been a bit freaking out over the balance issues, and have been trying to mend them... @ ~@;

As for the descriptions, they have been fixxed and will be shipped out with the newest the realse of Meteslon Industries. ^ ^    Meso helped with that.
The Flags and Crests- in reply to Basition -have also been fixxed.  So, either way guys, I'm well aware, and having another set of eyes take a look at things, tends to help. So, HELMUT, Bastion, anyone really that feels they have some authority in their craft (spriting, piloting, etc etc) give me a Criqtue, tell me what you think.  I may not use what you say. But, it helps to see it from another view regardless. :)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2016, 12:52:36 AM »

Quick notice:

Mod will likely be on small hiatus (3 months at most) in transitioning to the newest version.  This is for a few reasons, and some personal reasons regarding school and life in general. Simply be told that things will be worked on though I will not reply to this thread on questions of the transition till I am ready to have the mod pushed out. I will answer other questions during such time (development questions may get very long answers depending on the question).

Otherwise, I'll be working an doing other things. Happy Holiday's folks~!

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »

So, I have noticed that the Thrudgelmir/Thrudglemir is said to have a damper field, but the ability is a Burn Drive instead.

I also kind of remember how the Thrud had a pretty fun drive ability (I think it was Glime or something, pretty fun to use, but must have been taken out for a reason, possibly a good one.)

What I do want to know, or more likely kind of want to see is a "Damper Drive" which allows ships equipped with it to Burn/Maximum Drive with a Damper Field around it, to absorb damage.

Or probably even, to be more compatible with Metelson Industries is a "Rostor Drive", splicing Rostor Field and Burn/Maximum Drive together, to make a ships well suitable for ramming speed!

It sounds pretty cool on paper, but seeing Metelson are utilitarian, it wouldn't seem likely that they'd get something like this.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2016, 12:20:11 AM »

So, I have noticed that the Thrudgelmir/Thrudglemir is said to have a damper field, but the ability is a Burn Drive instead.

I also kind of remember how the Thrud had a pretty fun drive ability (I think it was Glime or something, pretty fun to use, but must have been taken out for a reason, possibly a good one.)

What I do want to know, or more likely kind of want to see is a "Damper Drive" which allows ships equipped with it to Burn/Maximum Drive with a Damper Field around it, to absorb damage.

Or probably even, to be more compatible with Metelson Industries is a "Rostor Drive", splicing Rostor Field and Burn/Maximum Drive together, to make a ships well suitable for ramming speed!

It sounds pretty cool on paper, but seeing Metelson are utilitarian, it wouldn't seem likely that they'd get something like this.

That was for balance purposes as well as a bug I could not figure out. Also, if it states that, you... Might have an older version...
I would recommend updating.

As for the particulars of Thrudgelmir, it is still very much in the works and as it's been shown in the past. I've had issues with larger ships... Thrudgelmir is the ONLY ship of that size that I have painted together. And I *&*#ing hate it, I hate how it looks, how it feels, and how it looks like something that even pedo-bear would be disgusted with.

in short: I'm debating cutting it in place for anther cruiser or otherwise trying a different tact for making Thrudgelmir. As it's meant to be a massive Pala essentially.

In regards to your idea and memory of the Glime Drive (and now the more recently contrived Rostor Field (and variations)). The orginal idea behind the glime, and it's sister-ship, the Glima. Was to basically, have a space-Dozer. But that isn't practical in space. and otherwise rather silly... It just didn't make sense. But, as a ramming or Escape idea, it did. Raise the shields burn as fast as you can an ram'em.  The AI however derped on it, and it was too easy to exploit or otherwise ruined a game. The ship was given a large ammount of mass (10000 I think) when the system was actived so it had the proper umoph when it hit... Though, that, didn't really work.

So, I scrapped that. The Rostor feild was- similarly -developed in tandem with the ship it was intented for. The "Tiniest Destroyer Ever", see this... At around 10 is when the battle starts... an... Well, yeah. 
Much is stronk of tank. Too stronk for geam! MUS NERF!!!! AAUGH!!!! WHY?!!?
Spoiler

So, after that- and other...
Incidents, I've since changed the Rostor-field to 3 variations. a Light, a Standard (the default for the Actel), and finally the Heavy. Though, that is going to be changing and doing other much things.
So, as stated in a few articles of the fourms....  It's, yeah... it's weird.

and with that. good night. Enjoy the wall of text.

::NINJA::

And as I've said once before:
Spoiler
Did a little test flight, started with Metelson, flew around, engaged in some fights, did a few missions. It's cool to have mining/industry focused faction in the game, as most other factions are military mostly or scientific/military. Really liked design of the vessels, fit very well with factions focus. In combat didn't notice anything overpowered (yet), as well as anything weird, on the opposite, felt very natural to vanilla content. Can you elaborate a bit why you think it's weird? And please, don't make it OP, balanced factions are always more welcome.

Thank you, and I belive that Alfonzo took that thunder from me a bit... But:
It's something that popped up in NaemoNemo's video series.

The main strength of Metellson is that the main ship system that you tend to see on their ships is their unique damper fields. In the past, they were obscene in how much damage a ship could tank. What's more, there was a frigate that could shoot really far, with a really powerful shot, while having the damper field active. Tacked onto that was a few squiffy stats on many ships that, although slightly off, made certain ships ridiculously good (The Varingur pre-fix comes to mind). Overall Metellson was a faction that was OP, but in a really subtle way. Azmond has, since then, gone back and done several fixes to tweak the playstyle so the faction is no longer overly OP, but it's an ongoing process.

He is correct. During a Pirate Nemo's Adventures, he would prey on Metelson's fleets. easily popping them for some quick profit. And in previous adventures refered to them as Lemmings (heh x3). So, diretly answering that. I upped the ante and developed my mod further to have a few more Military-style vessles. Prime among them was "Actel H35". It was the main-ship I sort of teased at, and I KNEW it was very strong. it was what lead to the Rostor-Field actually as I wanted something similar to the Damper-feild that would still allow movement/turret useage to allow the tank. To actually tank.

So, during his adventures, he found a Metelson patrol with the rare Actel (I made it as likely to be met as a Tempest in a Neutral's fleet!) and decided "I can do it!".   He did it, but it took half his fleet to kill it... So, there's that. An the Kinetic Damage bullet was too fast at a speed of 3000, making it... Near, damn impossible for the AI to miss and be forever annoying at a ludicrous range.

Since then, with the public embarrassment at somewhat broken items. Despite it's hilarity, I toned things down and did significant feild-tests, tweaks, tinkerings, and redefined things. An threw in a few other goodies as an apology for those who had to deal with my mod's frustrations.    (some new Graphics, and a new weapon... )

And, as stated before, it's weird. Because it's still growing, still changing, that's why it's in that catalog of weird. In fact, I'm wondering how to shove it more in the direction of mining/slavage. But, that's for another thread- not this one -so. Again, Metelson's is weird in that it is likely to change for some time to come, as the gears never stop.

EDIT:: For any further questions on Metelson, PM me or go to the Metelson thread please.

[close]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:35:50 PM by Azmond »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2016, 11:23:49 AM »

Well, seeing that the Thrud, for whatever reason doesn't seem as tough as the Custos/Actel H35...

I may have an idea on what the next plan is.

With the Thrud already in play, and looking out of place compared to some of the others...make it as mean looking as possible (even if it means breaking the mold a bit, like more engines on the sides or a metric-ton of armor or hull). Knowing it's already capable of wielding a H35 cannon (I think that's it's name), it would make some sense for it to be able to take more hits than an Onslaught on steroids, seeing that the Metelson industries are utilitarian (I think I got that right), and how currently the Thrud from my tests in the simulator cannot seem to withstand an onslaught for very long, compared to ships like Custos, Varingur, etc...

I'm aware it is based off of the Pala MoC Freighter, and you'd probably want to keep it that way, but the reason i'm mostly asking or more likely informing the toughness of a Thrud is not up to usual from what I see is it feels...out of place (is there some massive hidden toughness to those ships i've mentioned? Or are they really that sturdy? :/)

Anywho, take your time making the decision whether to make a new capital or not. (Although if Thrud gets more engines built in, with a more different shape (I am not sure how different, was you thinking of a hammer or a crescent?), mabye it'll get a maneuverability-inducing version of the rostor field specific to the Pala series? Thrud looks like a horseshoe crab, except space-faring) Albeit, the Thrud is kind of one of the staples right now, it's your call.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »

Quick notice:

Mod will likely be on small hiatus (3 months at most) in transitioning to the newest version.  This is for a few reasons, and some personal reasons regarding school and life in general. Simply be told that things will be worked on though I will not reply to this thread on questions of the transition till I am ready to have the mod pushed out. I will answer other questions during such time (development questions may get very long answers depending on the question).

Otherwise, I'll be working an doing other things. Happy Holiday's folks~!

That's one of the reasons that I'm going to be a Hiatus in regards to the transition between things. Mostly to get ships GOOD.  It is going to be something that I need to work on in tandem with the new systems/UI/Fighter-system, and a whole load of other things.

As far as being utilitarian. That is the theme of the mod, try an find a balance between war-ships and utility in some fashion or another. As for the Thrudgelmir, it's an Ice-giant IRL, hence the broken-ship that is basically not going to be or going to be in the next release... Again, I need to work on it. I fully well know. xD

Though, I may take more of a look into the shape as despite You thinking it's a horseshoe-crab. I feel it crap... The Glima- as fine as it is -is another example. It's good, an better than the thrudgelmir in the design department. But it could be better. Suffice to say, that's been fixed. The pala is next, as well as a few other things...

Either way. You'll have to wait an see.  ^ ^

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: On Hiatus (see CEO letter) a2.95B 11/21/16
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »

Here is some feed back about your mod. It's the only one I play with Tore Up Plenty.

Really like it overall. The feeling of miner corporation using yellowish ships and reconverted mining tools is really nice. The Rock System also greatly improve the experience with another military station for both Tri-tachyon and Independant.

My only major concern is about balancing. IMHO, the fields systems are sometime overpowered (the one on the Stout destroyer) and most of the time really boring. Fighting metelson fleets is mostly a game of patience in scraping piece by piece each ship. They have no sufficient loadout to be really scary, but you spend 20 minutes each time playing cat and mouse with ships that flee with their field. I think the idea of fields are great and a really nice touch in regards to the lore of the corporation, but 1) bonus should be lowered and 2) when overloading they shoud not be active.
Another little concern is the size of the Actel and Stout destroyer. They are too small for their class and weapon loadouts.

Anyway, thank you for this mod, even I made a little rant I really like it and hope it will be updated with th next version of Starsector

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »

Here is some feed back about your mod. It's the only one I play with Tore Up Plenty.

Really like it overall. The feeling of miner corporation using yellowish ships and reconverted mining tools is really nice. The Rock System also greatly improve the experience with another military station for both Tri-tachyon and Independant.

My only major concern is about balancing. IMHO, the fields systems are sometime overpowered (the one on the Stout destroyer) and most of the time really boring. Fighting metelson fleets is mostly a game of patience in scraping piece by piece each ship. They have no sufficient loadout to be really scary, but you spend 20 minutes each time playing cat and mouse with ships that flee with their field. I think the idea of fields are great and a really nice touch in regards to the lore of the corporation, but 1) bonus should be lowered and 2) when overloading they shoud not be active.
Another little concern is the size of the Actel and Stout destroyer. They are too small for their class and weapon loadouts.

Anyway, thank you for this mod, even I made a little rant I really like it and hope it will be updated with th next version of Starsector

2) when overloading they should not be active.
That's a BIG red flag there! I wasn't aware of that issue to be honest~!  It may be a side effect of the cool down system, I'll ask around for some help to fix it. As coding is not my strong suit compared to the art assets.

As far as your concerns for the mod being updated 0.8 please see the Open CEO letter at the first page under "Mod Direction, Current Status, and otherwise". That details most of my reasoning about the mod and it's release of 0.8. :)

Regarding your critique of the fields and play-style for metelson's. That comes down to an AI issue with the fields, and changing them to be "offensive" AI while still being described at Defensive may help that. I'll do more thorough testing over school break.  As for the "Stout" Destoryers. They are called such because of their weapon layouts, fire-power, and over all effectiveness. They are intermedatry's between destoryers and frigates and, calling them "Heavy Frigates" is a tad boring I felt. I chose the prefix of "Stout" for the durability of those two particular ships, as stout's definition fits well with what they are respectively. One is a Time-warping power-house in a small package that was based on station defense systems. the Actel H35 is a space-tank with a single large and POWERFUL gun that rivals the Guass cannon in a mobile, tight little nut of alloys and other spacey-jargon.
There is a need for balnce though, you are correct, and as previous posts have shown, I'm very well aware and worried about this, and the CEO letter will state this as well.

I will be damned an burned if I produce a shoddy product; worth nothing more than a volatile fart-joke or some-such.

I mean it when I say that.
Looking at the feilds, I'll lower the times of use on the feilds and slightly increase the cool-down times. I might also pull more from the 3-charges of the orginal damper field (which these fields are based on) see about making it more in the moment rather than "jeopardy jingle here".  But, it's difficult to balance such a field. We'll see what happens. At the worst, i remove them in place of something else.

Thank you for the information, it's always nice to hear another voice.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2017, 12:27:37 PM »

Sorry for late reply...

Now I understand your mind about the Stout Destroyer. I didn't meant the design the Stout is OP in itself (except the field), it's just that the Sprite could be a little big bigger. SOmetime it can be confused with other rounded frigates and seems a little bit "cartoon".

About the fields, I think they can be balanced by putting a longer recharge time OR reduce their overall effectiveness (bonus circa 15 to 25%)

The wings are really nice. I mean, in the current version, they actually manage to be efficient in their role (I like the mining pods for their interception ability and to be decoy). The huge bombers have surprise my ships quite a few times with devastating results.

The light cruiser could use a boost. Maybe the bunker-style turret can overlap in the front, I really like the sprite but it lacks some firepower.

Finally, the small green laser that shoots 3 bolts is my favorite small energy : flux efficient, good range, intermediate damage output. But maybe it's a little bit too good. Just adjust its cost to 6 OP should be ok I guess.

And thank for making the Vigilance frigate an efficient ship!

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2017, 12:05:04 AM »

Sorry for late reply...

Now I understand your mind about the Stout Destroyer. I didn't meant the design the Stout is OP in itself (except the field), it's just that the Sprite could be a little big bigger. SOmetime it can be confused with other rounded frigates and seems a little bit "cartoon".
Against, it's a bit hard to place them and you're on the right track. The Destoryers were named such again beacuse of their firepower and output more than shape. The Brawler is a heavy frigate, (Gunship). SO what's more fun to say? "I have a Heavy Frigate" or "I have a Stout Destoryer" Whenever I say that, I sort of giggle. that's just me though.

About the fields, I think they can be balanced by putting a longer recharge time OR reduce their overall effectiveness (bonus circa 15 to 25%)

They were given charges with reduced run-time. Now instead of 5 10 15 for the feilds (liten, Rostor, and heavy Rostor). It's been toned down more to 3, 5, and 8.

The wings are really nice. I mean, in the current version, they actually manage to be efficient in their role (I like the mining pods for their interception ability and to be decoy). The huge bombers have surprise my ships quite a few times with devastating results.

The Golgata will be getting a face-lift and the Obex, well... I think you've seen what maddness the Obex is. heheha. That, that swarm is very much something.

The light cruiser could use a boost. Maybe the bunker-style turret can overlap in the front, I really like the sprite but it lacks some firepower.

What it lacks in fire-power it makes up for in staying power. That is the crux of it.  The mounts are hidden, so they can't be disabled unless you overload. The major hitting Large-turret is too large to cover (says me the lore master) and that's  the limitation of it. Without the limitation I'm afraid that it may be too powerful. Even then i think with the most recent changes I made to it, the front turrets barely reach into overlaping with the middle turret.

To be correct, this is the Mantarn we're speaking of yes?

Finally, the small green laser that shoots 3 bolts is my favorite small energy : flux efficient, good range, intermediate damage output. But maybe it's a little bit too good. Just adjust its cost to 6 OP should be ok I guess.

Good idea.

And thank for making the Vigilance frigate an efficient ship!

^ ^ 

Thank you for adding your voice. As i've said before, it's always nice to hear another voice in here.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29