Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299237 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Development Fourms: Time to run boys, time to run. 6/18/15
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2015, 11:11:54 PM »

Those ships look quite nice. Haven't had a chance to try the mod itself though.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Development Fourms: Time to run boys, time to run. 6/18/15
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2015, 12:11:14 AM »

Thanks, the Mod hasn't been updated to show the newer Sprites or any new ships. the catalogue is mostly a bit of a teaser for what's to be coming soon. >;3

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Development Fourms: Still alive... Planning things... 6/27/15
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »

So a bit of a status update:

As you well may know, I've been working on graphic updates as well as Fighter/Destroyer additions, and I'm also thinking of of a few frigate additions...

I'm also looking to get my mod pretty balanced out and produce at the least ONE, capital-ship at some point.
I'm also hoping to get into using the Skin-System an Produce a few skins for my ships... Likely I'll be taking a look at JP or Vinialla SS and seeing how they did it... Likewise, I'll be focusing on lore this next few months as well as ships.  I've produced 2 of the 3 destroyers and have thought of 3 fighters to add. 2 security based fighters and one Bomber wing that is essentially an out of controll Parihhana perhaps... Who knows. But, I'll be busy with things an the like.

PS:
         When the heck did I move?!?!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:41:17 PM by Azmond »

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile

You moved when I got back and decided to say hi, still on military leave, but I'll be taking a more lore focused look at the faction in my spare time @ AIT for you and I'll pass things along to you for your approval and stuff. Still on military leave, but will return someday... time to be determined, just checking in for now.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Allright, bit of a status update...

There is going to be a Stable version in place of the DEV zip I've been letting stand in place. This is going to be the go-to download. However, if you guys want to help with bug-testing I will place a link for the DEV zip.

As for mod direction it's still looking towards blancing and ship improvment as well as Compliment. AS it stands I feel that More fighters or even more frigates would do fine. try to fill some roles that the other mods may not do or don't want to do. I'll see what I'd like to throw my cards in and see where it'll go.

In the mean time I'm happy to see that people have enjoyed the Mod an that my brother is somewhat back from MIlitary leave- Though that isn't going to be taken off untill he's out of the military PERIOD.
But any help and such he wants/able to provide will be credited- as with everyone else on the list -and I'll continue to work on the mod without him. I have so far.

Like-wise, I'll be looking to put in a few variations of the Varingur, Pala, and perhaps an Updated variation of the Cavo.
 To explain read the spoiler below.
Spoiler

The Varingur- This ship I lOVE, it has the potential to really have a great design an be quite deadly. So I'll futs with the design an add some more two it, maybe make a combat variation that puts in a Burn-Drive an removes the Drones and fighter-bays in place of a compliment of weapons and armor. Bulky-hulky plaes that cover up the whimpy fighter-doors.

With the pala, the same can be said, an while the Cavo fills that role... i think an Updated looking Pala- an advanced Pala really you could say -with some more guns and looking more up to snuff would be a good idea. Likewise a more militarized Skin of the pala and a Defective pala could also be a good idea for variation in the mod.

otherwise, i'm hoping to keep the mod itself quite light, but... who knows.

[close]

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile

can we expect potential nexraelin intergration
May the fry be with you.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Aum... I didin' even ask about that an lo an behold.... yeah, someone likes this mod very much it seems heh.

Regardless yes, it seems this mod is supported by Nexcelerin. I put the framework for it in. but didn't feel the mod was that high up for integration to it. And many of the fleets you'll find will potentially be a swarm of Thrudgelmirs, which is potentially dangerous... I need to make that more rare speaking of which maybe.

AS it stands I'm curious what he's done.

====== later ======

I would not reccomned playing it with Nexcelerin at this time- it has issues at geneation it seems. But if this is an issue on my end or Histines end I'm not sure. I'll bring it up with him.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:52:18 AM by Azmond »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile

I think we all can't expect both sides to come out clean since we are simply like aliens who just went into a meeting room and have a random discussion, whether it means, for example, helping a cat out of tree. As the ideas come out it would simply be like: (1) Save a cat with telekinetic powers. (2) Let the cat suffer an undulating length of time being alone on a tree. (3) Just shoot the cat.

I did see the mod already compatible with Nexerelin right now, but there are some issues that do not relate to said mod, though.

Edit: Speaking of "ready to be chewed", if you see EI's faction, they are selling cookies. You should buy one.

*beat*

These things look great. I handcrafted the cookies from Photoshop, by the way.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:59:20 PM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

More of a Status update than anything right now.

Bad news first.
The apprenticeship is bust, so I'm going to go into CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) nursing instead as I'm allready a bit familiar with that and could likely find a job easier due to me entering a traditionally female field of work. (at least in the USA).

Likewise NO MORE UPDATES TILL THE NEWEST RELEASE OF STARSECTOR~!

BUT!- and heres the good news! :3

I've weapons in development- only a few right now -and I'm aiming to update some of the more... ... Angled. sprites, give them a more rounded look or at the very damn least get rid of the box mainia I have with the lines... Boxy boxy...

Now, otherwise I'm planning to have the Tri-tachyon being a main Enemy of the faction and luddies being sucpicious at best at worst, inhospitable.
Plans for an actual Phase ship are also in the works. as well as a true, friggin' battleship. Including a more High-tech speced Crusier to be named... Woadin. >:3 Have your thoughts on that.

Anywhosit~! That's it for now~! Now time to deal with the sun-brun I have...  guah.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:31:36 PM by Azmond »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson industries (0.65.2a): Version 1.00 Corvus mode supported
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »

Hmm, now that I'm playing with the faction, aren't these logistics costs way too low? I suppose that logistics costs are being removed with the next patch though, so I suppose it isn't a major concern.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson industries (0.65.2a): Version 1.00 Corvus mode supported
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2015, 09:11:33 AM »

Aye, and I realize that in all, it's going to be messed with when the new update to SS comes out. So I'm working on updating my graphics, getting some custom weapons going- maybe... 4 at most ATM? And the entire faction will look a lot better as I work towards getting ready to mess with the files again for the 7.0 release. :)

So, Thrudgelmir will recive a BIG nerf of dakka ammount and more of a daka buff in some way. It's ship system will be modified- as well as the Glima's System -and in all I hope to get the mod into a better shape (again), for the release. So... Everyone'll have this OP as crazy mod to play and fuss around with a bit. While I get things reworked and 'unified' along a central colour theme and shape-theme/design ascetic. here's a teaser of the new THrudgelmir. :3  Think of a Pala on staroids... and that Large hardpoint is going to be made more like a hard-point rather than a weapon looking thing.

It's also very nice to have another voice in here. ^ ^

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson industries (0.65.2a): On Hiatus, see front.
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2015, 12:56:33 AM »

Progress has been slow. I've a job now- yay! -and I've been toiling away happily at both the job adn the mod. PRIVATELY.

Publicly, the mod is in a freeze state. I will update it once SS 7.0 has been out for a while. This is going to be my update into the new-year as well. Thus giving me time to work on the mod and my life.
So for anyone who is a fan of the idea my mod is trying to aim for- keep heart! IT IS NOT DYING OR DEAD, it is simply dormant for now. >:3
It will come back... soooon.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2015, 12:05:05 AM »

Still on Hiatus, Development is slow and mod is likely going to be down-sized considerably and made more... simply.
Think, ASP mod but with just a few more vessels to choose from.
Regardless, this is in reply to the change of my mod's status in the Mod-list.

This is also to say that YES, this man with nothing but a Pen is still alive m'friends an still very well kicking. I've a job at wal-mart, bills are being paid, and money is coming in.
Plans are being set as well and this mod is still going to be here, if not simply dead or moved back to development fourm at some point if seen as such.

Else wise it's been a fun ride, let's hope it gets better as I do.

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »

Just say, Things are still alive and kicking. I've not been sitting on me behind doing nothing for the mod. I've got a good lot of ideas that I'm sorting through at the moment that I'll be handing off to azmond after I've given them a quick sctech. Mostly for weapons and their effects. Some are just idle thoughts or wishes, that's just me though. ^^
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »

*Removed*

This a more balanced Fleet Generation.
No long should the player be swarmed with monsters of thrudgelmir as it now will barely spawn. it has a number of ONE, that is as low as it can go and that's the same number for the Hyperyon in the Independants faction. infact, it takes the indepent's fleet composition!

Anyway the mod should be more playable now, enjoy guys.

EDIT: Fixxed bug with double Monitors in the generation code causing crash on startup.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:09:42 AM by Azmond »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29