Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299202 times)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

Rastrum has also gotten a face-lift! :D Shadows an the like... I've LEARNED!!!! it is also my answer to the enforcer, though it isn't as heavy I belive... But, we'll see.
I've also leanred or re-learned that the turrets are drawn on from  f0001 to 0008 (in the case of the Rastrum) an that turret number matters!~ The last one is always on top!

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Faction Mod developments: Basic missions up!!! (3/28/15)
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »

These ships look so adorable~ @p@

I just want to eat them up. <3

And probably scrap them recklessly until my babies consumed every single piece to expand my armies further. *huehuehue*
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2015, 09:30:33 PM »

Glima's side turrets's arc need to be reduce. When I aim to port side, the starboard side turret look as if it will blow my face off. :)

I am consider about the Glime Drive's behaviour. I found my self use it as a super shield instead of super maneuver drive more offen.
I may try to lock the accel and strafing control and see..
and about the full stop behaviour after Glime Drive power down... maybe a "not so full" stop to make it slide a bit will be better?
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »

I'd agree... probably better if it slid like the ship was still trying to get out of the infulance of the drive an the forces it created. The fact that it can push an onslaught though is pretty friggin funny. I'll also make the turret arc adjustment as needed :)

As for you you red nut-case > >  ... You, you treat my ships nice before you devour them... an have fun with the Glima, hehah. (seriously that thing is awesome to just dig into ships with. hehe.)

Speaking of Glima again...
 Likely it's speed only needs to be a 2x increase rather than a 3x as well. Changing the sheild absortion maybe help as well. The AI is a little dumb at using it, but on accident or occasion it DOES ram into other ships... again, probably by accident most times though. x3
I like the drive as it is- it's fun for me to play at least -but it is cheating I'd agree... again.... It can push the Onslaught!
not joking either!!
Spoiler
[close]

Then again, anything humping the back side of a flamed out ship would probably be pushing it through space!

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2015, 11:04:53 AM »

probably better if it slid like the ship was still trying to get out of the infulance of the drive an the forces it created.

Got a plan and needs to try.

Likely it's speed only needs to be a 2x increase rather than a 3x as well. Changing the sheild absortion maybe help as well. The AI is a little dumb at using it, but on accident or occasion it DOES ram into other ships... again, probably by accident most times though. x3

Maybe +200 instead of +200% will be better?
And I still think we shuold lock the accel and strafing control. Or I will activate Glima Drive and sit there using my shield to tank everything.
About the AI ramming...well... I just lie to AI so they thought Glima Drive would gave them only 125 speed bonus and then bang :P
And a free bug hunter

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:05 PM »

Maybe +200 instead of +200% will be better?
And I still think we shuold lock the accel and strafing control. Or I will activate Glima Drive and sit there using my shield to tank everything.
About the AI ramming...well... I just lie to AI so they thought Glima Drive would gave them only 125 speed bonus and then bang :P

Well that'd force the player to ram them potentially heha, and as it stands the Glima is faster than the brawler and harder hitting with it's current turret-set. The Glime Drive would take the opposite route of the seige-mode which holds the ship in place generally... with this, it'd be, "you want to kick ass? OKAY! HAVE FUN! NO TURNING BACK! :D" an then they're stuck either ramming a ship for a while at escape-speed or otherwise... which would still be ridiculously funny. And the set speed may indeed do better. If we could have them burn-out for a small ammount of time- cool off the engines as it were?  -that'd be great but I don't know if we could do that. can we?

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2015, 09:45:14 AM »

Allright, so a bit of an update fellows! I've gotten a drone made that is basically a Borer drone for the Rastrum and I've fixxed the turrets and been working on a new varingur for the next realease ^ ^

YAY!!! I'M ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING pretty damn awesome! hehahaha! and Deathfly didn't help with the drone system! hhah!! it wasn't that hard to copy  ^^;

Either way I hope to have a new version of the Development out for ya' guys at some point soon.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Industries: Hey, we got drones!! 4/10/15
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2015, 06:18:13 PM »

ALLLRIGHT FOLKS! We got a new version of MI for you guys to chew up and spit out, we've drones- BOOM BABY! -and ships that actually look pretty cool... and a ship that is a bit stupid but otherwise Awesome. (glima) we also have a flying log- (the Varingur) that is also, again, pretty awesome though turns too fast really... I'll need to balnce that, but as it stands.

HELL YEAH! Got a mod going! not much of one, but a mod regardless!!!!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2015, 03:03:48 AM »

Just tried them a bit. As you said, they need some balancing. They aren't fundamentally broken but they're clearly better than their vanilla counterpart. I won't say much as it is obviously an early WIP but the Glima tends to flicker its shield when it uses its system.

Not all the ships were there but so far they still looks interesting (if a bit generic) to play.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2015, 06:58:21 AM »

I hope to change that in time. As it stands I guess this won't be moving to the Mod fourms at anypoint soon, and I've noticed that with the glima. The only way I can see fixxing that would be to allow the AI to have the shield on or off instead of constantly having it active when the system is.

Otherwise, I'm glad they're interesting to look at, if a bit generic still, but we all start from somewhere right?

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »

I hope to change that in time. As it stands I guess this won't be moving to the Mod fourms at anypoint soon, and I've noticed that with the glima. The only way I can see fixxing that would be to allow the AI to have the shield on or off instead of constantly having it active when the system is.

Otherwise, I'm glad they're interesting to look at, if a bit generic still, but we all start from somewhere right?

I knew it...OK, I will got this one done in no time..
And a free bug hunter

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Development Fourms: Hi-ho hi-ho it's off to hell I go! 4/11/15
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »

Thanks again for your help death-fly. I can not say that enough!  :D

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Version of Metelson's up! New ship designs and such put into practice, as well as a new fighter, a drone, and the Varingur! Now a singular cargo ship with one purprose! Try and haul a little bit of everything!!! :D

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Darker and grittier. Yeah, it fit more SS aesthetic.

I'm a bit sad the old Glima sprite was scrapped, i think it was quite good, not that the new one is bad. Good call on the reworked Varingur, the old one was underwhelming. However i'm a bit worried about having a destroyer carrier with a large mount, that's an awful lot of firepower. It could work but it'll need to be pretty expensive to field to be balanced.

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile

have to say, i love the thread names hahaha. It's also helpful coz i dont really bother reading dates, im lazy like that xD
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29