- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 300121 times)

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile

Ah, this has graphics now?

Nice, I dig the style. I'd say you should try to normalize the coloration a bit though, the various shades of blue and yellow seem inconsistent.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

I know, that's what Meso told me as well and I'm working on it, even got my own turret-bases made for the large and medium Turrets. The small turret, I see no real reason to change.
I'm going to be experimenting with things and making mulitpal layers in a  seprate ship image to see what might be the best from the orignal. Otherwise, I'll be working on getting more logo's and an actual "flag" for this small (considering the Tri-tachyon and perhaps ASP ) corporation. An thank you for the compliment. ^ ^

also, Thank you Toxcitity! ^ ^

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile

Mmm those ships are looking good. I really like the weapon mounts on the rastrum as well, keep up the good work :)
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Oh crazy one... Ooh, ooh, crazy one.... Your should see me laughing my buns off at work on the truck at wal-mart, heahhaha. (breaking Ice and trying to be funny at midnight or so my time aside)

Thanks for the compliment, and I'm actually working on a new revision of Varingur... When varingur returns, he is going to be much... Much more... ... Muley. and... well, OP probably with a single back-ward facing large Energy slot heaha. 2 sm. unis and a medium energy turret for the player to control... unless they work with using the Large turret at the back easily heaha.

And yeah, I know it's going against "Da Rules" But I'm ripping'em up to see what the hell I can come it with. as for the rules I'm refering to?...
Lookie here :http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9052.0
It's more Guidelines, but they may was well be rules (and good ones) to consider and break. :P

edit: and why I haven't read that in a while... I was mistaken, I gues a Destoryer CAN, have a large slot, and it's only one... ... well damn.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:04:47 AM by Azmond »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

multiple destroyers have a large slot as their primary armament. modded and vanilla alike.

CrazyDave

• Commander
    • View Profile

lol ive never read that. I think ive also thrown those rules out the window for all my sprites so far... xD

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Your sprites are much better than when you started. They remind me a bit of Mendonca's junk pirates, which is pretty damn impressive.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Your sprites are much better than when you started. They remind me a bit of Mendonca's junk pirates, which is pretty damn impressive.

Your comment has just made my day, and graced my fourm, heahah! even though I'm 2 days late on reading it... @~@
Also I love those mods, and I actually modelled the faction after the ASP, a small faction with a particular goal in mind. With ASP it was ship-ment and logistical support. With Metelson Industries, it's mining and tool production. (so yes, at some point You'll start to see custom mining lasers and weapons for this mod. 

This is just an awesome day today.  ;D

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

ALLRIGHT!!! SO!!! I'm done for the night!!!! I made the damn ships I've redesigned them and FFAUAUUUUGGH! No more coffee! It's making me run to the toilet like a dog to a pile of dirty socks,~!!!

Anyway! Enjoy, critisim and suggestion always enjoyed!!!

Also, special thanks on the front-page!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:18:41 AM by Azmond »

CrazyDave

• Commander
    • View Profile

Well I wish I could sprite like that! Definately on my to-download list (for when I finally get some free time to just play the game again...)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

They still need work frankly. Shadowing, fine-details, etc etc... Otheriwse, they make for place-holders so i can get a code running up.

maybe a test-mission at the least?

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Faction Mod developments: Basic missions up!!! (3/28/15)
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2015, 06:23:38 AM »

Well... I was quite happy to see these things flew until I fitted something too big for them...

[attachment deleted by admin]
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2015, 06:31:47 AM »

Well they are working, and that just goes to show I still need to work on it. With the Anti-matter blasters... They're a bit funky regardless an tend to be bulky IMO.

But in regards to the Glima? It's the back 'fins'. Makes it look like the weapon is diging into the hull everytime it turns... that'll be fixxed as I correct the graphics. (mostly doing as Meso and Bio have now hammered into my skull, SHADOWS! MOTHER CRAPING SHADOWS! USE THEM!)

Of course, not said in that tone or ferocity, but...
Point stands. Shadows! It's a demo of what you've helped me to get to Death, as well as how my sprite-work actually looks like ingame.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2015, 07:01:00 AM »

There are something bulging out the shield and you shuold pay attention to that...
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2015, 08:20:45 AM »

Yeah... THat's not too hard to miss... I'll... I'll fix that.

Too...

heha-hea...

EDIT: here's the fixxed version *Removed*
It still has the same grpahics for the Glima, which will change... But that'll be the next ship, the Rastrum! I'm getting the easy ships out of the way first an then dealing with teh phase-ship as well as the Fighters... Fighters shouldn't be too hard either.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:10:57 AM by Azmond »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29