Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299208 times)

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: I'm thinking of putting together a mod... would anyone be intrested?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 10:56:44 PM »

And big hulking carriers to support said annoying-coffins.

XD i fell out of my chair laughing
May the fry be with you.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 12:44:58 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it. xD Maybe i should make the Nota really look more like a coffin, if it doesn't allready look like one.
Also, because my brother, "Doesn't know how to introduce" himself... His fourm name here is Viymese, you may've seen him asking around to try and make a ship's polygons by hand (stuborn &*@...)

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 05:05:50 PM »

well whatever, I like the idea of the mod and would like to be a beta tester (also please add the flying coffins tho the official release thread)
May the fry be with you.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »

Trust me, the Nota, Spade, Anthrom (possibly...), and a heavy destoryer called the Lead Carrier will probably be the first ships to be on the offical forms. Also, does anyone have any Idea how to get the stupid Image tag to work correctly? I've been trying to get it to work with no good results... > <

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 08:41:57 PM »

Upload your images to a website such as http://imgur.com/ then put the picture's link inside [img] tags :)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:12 PM »

What other Sites would work? I've a deviant Account.

nevermind i Think i'll just make and Imgur account, lots easier. = ='
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:03:17 PM by Azmond »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 09:03:23 PM »

Deviant Art would also work as long as you link directly to the picture. That was the primary problem when you were trying to imbed pictures hosted at FA previously, but it would be more ideal to use an alternate more stable photo host anyways.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »

And that i have, I've made an Imgur account and will most likely be using that for images regarding mods or other such items.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Faction Mod developments [Sprite work]
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 05:22:19 AM »

You know you don't even need to have an account to upload pics on Imgur right?

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 08:09:11 AM »

Yeah, but If i'm going to use it(and it'd probably be a better idea to use it for this...) i may as well make an account on it.
Also, an update. I've so far gotten to the coloring stage of the Lead Carrier. Not many details to it, but It'll get better as I get better at drawing. for now it's mostly just a go as i can sort of deal and any details that i can make that look good.

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »

Right, so I'll be posting for the first time to simple say hello and that the mod is still being worked on, Work and sleep for us both have priority though and are unlikely to update frequently, at least I'm not one to update frequently.

That being said to put a finer point on the progress that has been made.

Azmond has continued his work on the sprites as I've been tinkering with the code as well as looking into making the initial product balanced enough to be enjoyably difficult...  It's stupid when the faction you start with is so OP nothings a Challenge.
^^
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 04:47:58 PM »

I realize this is a double post, but what the hell.

Talked to azmond 'bout the mod and how is progress on things were and with the information I received I went ahead and began to make some of the sprites myself so that I could have more than just the Spade to showcase when a playable demo is put up within the next two-four days?

There won't be anything using Dark.Revs shader lib or anything else as I've no idea how to use that or Lazy Lib for that matter... Still figuring that stuff out...

In anycase!

Some pictures now!

Aenet (Viy. Ver.)

[Removed from imigur account.]

Not quite finished, this is what I've manager to pull off in the last couple of hours. I did use most of the ox to represent the engine because of its low-tech and industrial feel.

That and I can't make engines worth spit at the moment...

Aenet's PD Drone(s)

These little guys are unmanned drones, so no worries about the crew being set into small apartments that are just really really fancy coffins.  ^^
They'll be carrying a PD weapon of somesort, like dual MG... maybe something else, I dunno so I'ma have to ask Az for some input on the damned things...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:32:01 AM by Viymese »
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 02:46:48 PM »

Very nice Viy, as you know i enjoy it. I've also been working on spirtes on my end, recently been up with work, so, aye... I've also been working with Viymese on some ideas for the mod and we've come to conclusion that this'll be the defact'o fourm posting/thread for it as such for development. Releases will be a seprate fourm that will link to development and vice-cersa with this one. at least when we get that far.

I'm alos very happy to see many people are open to the idea of this mod.  ^ ^ it's making me giddy to see those votes!

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Faction Mod developments !!!*Update 8/14/14*!!![Sprite work]
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 03:35:59 AM »

Alright, so i've started to redo the Lead Carrier to make it look more... Beliveable perhaps. And thinking that re-using some ship deisgns and essentially making a series of ships based around the same hull would be an awesome idea.

mrew, either way, I'll post updates when I get a chance and get done with things.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Faction Mod developments: New Ships !*Update 9/11/14*![Sprite work]
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »

And so I've made some... ... 5 6 7 odd ship sprites? Viy'l have to get to the coding bits. What you guys think so far?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29