Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299314 times)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

Darker and grittier. Yeah, it fit more SS aesthetic.

I'm a bit sad the old Glima sprite was scrapped, i think it was quite good, not that the new one is bad. Good call on the reworked Varingur, the old one was underwhelming. However i'm a bit worried about having a destroyer carrier with a large mount, that's an awful lot of firepower. It could work but it'll need to be pretty expensive to field to be balanced.

I liked it a lot as well, but, that particular sprite didn't fit with the idea of what the glima was meant to be. Which basically was to be a sapce bull-dozer. With this sprite, it looks more like a bull dozer.
However... it's not going to be forgotten. When I first had the idea for the glima, it was an improvement from an earlier ship design that was meant for sectuiry. So I'll likely bring back the sprite to be an Enforcing Frigate or something.... Or a Gun Boat... who knows. A new paint-job would do it some good as well.

As for the Varingur, It's not ALL, that balanced I know. I'm working on it, and with it's profile I am going to have to jack the price up. a good spot fo rit would have to be around the 75000 mark at the least, or more likely 225000. Otherwise I'm looking to make it's turn-rate rediculously slow with a high acceleration for the turn-rate due to engine placement.  Likewise it's slow to get up to speed but is faster than the Rastrum by 10 points... At least, thats how I'm going to balnce it. There's a lot of stuff I have to do. @~@

But I'm glad you're enjoying it Helumt! and as always, thanks for the comment!  ^ ^

have to say, i love the thread names hahaha. It's also helpful coz i dont really bother reading dates, im lazy like that xD

I aim to please~! ;)  ... You lazy bum! :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:47:19 AM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Bit of an update, not a release however...
I'm looking to edit the current ships I have as well for balance and asstetics as well as produce maybe one, two more destroyers an a missile frigate or a mid-way between the Pala and the Rastrum. that doesn't look like just another variation of the same design...

I'll post drawings and such as I muddle through things. In other news, the Development of the mod may come to a crawl as the Apprenticeship I've been looking forward to has OPENED! SOOOOOooooooo, I'll have a job and school to work on as well as this, and a few family issues that'll hopefully sort themsevles out.
Aside from that, the mod is still plinking away~! :D

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

*Removed*

Hey guys! New ships for ya' to chomp on! an... basically a summary of wher ethe mod is goin'.
I'm looking to TRY an set up the mod for BASIC implementation and have the Faction spawn a few random fleets around Asharu, or in a small star-system near Corvous or something like that.

Anywho, the two new ships are the Cavo Frigate, an attempt to make a better version of the Pala that isn't the Rastrum and more like a ship in-between the two. It's likely to change.
IN any event though, There is also the Soldat! My first TRUE, gunship. The Soldat is a front-forward monster, it's major weakness is the lack of PD and a weak flux management depending on your load-out. It does however have a good set of turrets and at least ONE turret that won't be affected by EMP damage, a centeral small energy hardpoint.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:09:57 AM by Azmond »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Got a bug on starting the game.

Code
26938 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - org.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must end with '}' at 2896 [character 1 line 114]
org.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must end with '}' at 2896 [character 1 line 114]
at org.json.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONTokener.java:423)
at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:190)
at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:311)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.this.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ö00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'm aware, that's an old bug though.
I've been squishing'em left an right Helmut and it's been a tedious- but satisfiying -delight to burn the little crappers...  Right now one bug regarding a test market is making me go nuts!

EDIT: though I should probably post one that ISN'T, going to break games... I don't want a mob at my thread. > < at least, an angry mob.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

ALLRIGHT!!!
The code has been updated and should NO LONGER COME UP WITH BUGS OR OFFER ISSUE, if any bugs come up plese send all complaints to me and or if you find a problem and fix it- or have a fix. An feel so inclined to tell me, that'd be awesome!

to anyone who has downloaded the mod recently, re-download to fix any bugs.

Other than that, it's the usual!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:59:07 AM by Azmond »

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile

Figured I'd pop my head in through the door and say good work. I havnt downloaded it as of yet as im focused more on my mod than actually playing the game right now lol.

Is it just missions or is it campaign integrated yet? Im not a massive fan of missions myself (although i do appreciate them) so maybe this will get me playing some campaign again if or when it's in. :D
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile

Figured I'd pop my head in through the door and say good work. I havnt downloaded it as of yet as im focused more on my mod than actually playing the game right now lol.

Is it just missions or is it campaign integrated yet? Im not a massive fan of missions myself (although i do appreciate them) so maybe this will get me playing some campaign again if or when it's in. :D

Campaign integration is WIP. But I think it will came out soonTM.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

All hail dethfly! He has brought death to the bugs and flown in to save my muddy work and make it a giant, SHINING BALL! OF MUD!
Seriously though, I'm a bit dum when it comes to code an'll have to work on getting things together.

As it stands YES, the mod in download is MISSION ONLY. It will NOT, break the game, it will NOT, break your saves.
I WILL, get a new version out soon with a copy-cat system (THanks forever to deathfly for getting the system to actually spawn and squishing the MAJOR BAD BUGS that i probablly couldn't figure out... @~@)

An dave... Thank you for commenting ^ ^

IT's always nice to hear another voice in here.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Just as it says. i've a job coming up soon and I'll be having to dail down development of the mod, CONSIDERABLY. I'm going to be going into an apprenticeship to become a wizard of wires and power!!! POOOWWWWAAAAH! (I'll be the guy that makes your computer actually run bvecause it can get power frmo the friggin' house which get's it from the friggen' power Plant! I'm going to be an electrician!!! )

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Just as it says. i've a job coming up soon and I'll be having to dail down development of the mod, CONSIDERABLY. I'm going to be going into an apprenticeship to become a wizard of wires and power!!! POOOWWWWAAAAH! (I'll be the guy that makes your computer actually run bvecause it can get power frmo the friggin' house which get's it from the friggen' power Plant! I'm going to be an electrician!!! )

Huzzah! Congratulations on your new job! Wherever you go, remember that we support you! And remember that it wouldn't hurt to come back once in a while to play a silly spaceship game though, right?

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Development Fourms: Not much in the way of an update, just...
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »

More of a "hello! I'm still alive, yarg!"

Also on being alive, the mod is too~! AS some of you may've seen on the Mod Chat I've been busy with sprites and improving them, so... yeah I'm still busy. I'm also in the works of making the Crusier as well as a final frigate.  I'm also considering making some more fighters an having my Mod be sort of the 'Fighters' mod to go to. Who knows. It's an idea I've been playing around with. Other than that I'll be keeping things up to date as they happen an if the mod has to, "die" for a bit, then, I'll post that too.

Otherwise this Thread is still kickin' even if I'm the only one here or so...

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Woo got some functioning systems, code, and descriptions made for most things, so, woohoo!  Other than that, I'll be working on balancing and pricing of the ships as well as putting in thrudgelmir for the first release of the mod.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

THE MOD IS NOW IN OFFICAL ALPHA IN MY OPINION!!!  ;D

The mod now contains:

Custom Systems
Star Home System
Ships that you can buy
Running Missions and Random Battle for enjoyment of user!

and the demon has come...

THRUDGELMIR IS ALIVE! 1 Crusier, 2 Destoryers, 8 Frigates (3 of which are marked as Civilian) and 3 fighters and 3 drones for the full Alpha 1 version release!

As of this edit (6/17/15)

I will be looking to expand the Factions arsenal of ships and update the Thrudgelmir sprite a bit more as I feel it could be MUCH, better. But as it stands, it's quiet nice. I'll be looking to up the ammount of Fighters to a full 5 and add 3 more destoryers.

After that Release I'll Make a point to Update some of the Frigates and add some more ships as well as a more Militirized Version of the Pala with a better Weapon load-out... Perhaps a medium spinal-mount in the front with No to little turret arc?

After I get a good complement of ships I'll work on custom weapons.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:37:20 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Metelson Development Fourms: Ship Catalouge to be made, and ... IMAGE!
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:59 PM »

STATUS UPDATE!
Welcome, please, browse the Catalogue!
http://imgur.com/a/x5W0e   
BOOM BOYS! I've been running! from... THIS! Blast from the ass...

TO THIS!!! Blast from the BRAIN!

In other news...
                One Destroyer of the 3 additional destoryers has been made. as well as a few other things. Mainly a redesign of Thrudgelmir, and I'm looking to get some more ships redesigned/etc as needed. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29