Fractal Softworks Forum
August 18, 2017, 06:48:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: A True and Accurate History of the Persean Sector (8/16/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Poll closed  (Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM)
Closed - 0 (0%)
Closed - 0 (0%)
closed - 0 (0%)
Sorry - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: Dust or Space-debris, it'll run!!! 4.6.6 8/12/2017  (Read 94400 times)
Azmond
Captain

I'm but a man with a pencil.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »

This mod is based/Inspired on/by one of my favorite mods, mendonca's The Asp Fleet.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Metelson product!!!

If interested in using this Product for purpose other than what is intended. Please refer to the bottom most PSA from our PR managers.

Have a nice day.

keep in mind this mod is not at a good level of Balance though and continues to be worked on.
CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!!!

We greatly appreciate the business that you'll be giving us and rest assured we've produced some of the best mining, mineral extraction devices, and more in this portion of the Sector! We strive every day of the Cycle to best show that in our efforts of production and service~!

Please press any of the bars below for information about our company and Government, Items, and Ships.
this is subject to change.

====================
Information
====================
Vessels for sale!

Note: Current Catalog being loaded

Mite Shuttle::Mudder Frigate::Hound (MI)

M.o.C Pala Frigate::Farin Combat Freighter::Pala L-type frigate

Vigil Frigate::Stinulv Frigate

Cavos Gunship::Glima Heavy Frigate:: R.O.M.A Shuttle

Securi Stout Destroyer :: Rastrum Drone Destroyer (c/ Drones)

Actel H35 Light Destroyer (without Cannon installed) :: Custos Destroyer  ::  Hammerhead (MI)

Varingur Cargo Carrier

Obex :: Golgata :: Negl :: Grudiver

The Three-mainstays

The Gadfar System Cruiser :: The Grancursor :: The Mantarn Light Cruiser  ::  Cringer Heavy MoCF Cruiser

Acutor (c/ Drones)

Drengur

Thrudgelmir

Below is our old Catalog.

Mining and Security Equipment
Note: All Images and Information skewed slightly from Public view on an unsecured channel.
Current Catalog being Processed
Corporate information

Metelson industries has a long history, however it wasn't till the past 300 cycles that it's developed to a point of rivaling with the TriTachyon. Developed Pre-Collapse, as a budding Rim-world mining corp. Metelson's had a humble start as a tool and Vehicle company for old mining techniques that required such tools or variations. As space mining was not always practical and sometimes still isn't.

As the Collapse happened, the company dwindled to a good few on the planet Ragnus where they had last planted a foot-hold. A new company head was founded there and from the Collapse till now, the company has continued to run and  go through development.

The First major step, however, into becoming a power to rival that of the Tri-tachyon in their local system was that of the production of Space-Mining Articles of custom design and Implementation. With the ubiquitous PDA of the Tri-tachyon, it was difficult to produce such things, but. It was done and soon, Metelson Modified Hounds came from Ragnus and had a good kick to them, as poor as they were.

it was during these past 70 cycles, that Metelon's might and true developmental power had risen! Armed with miners and honest people of all sorts (including otherwise unsavoury characters). Metelson Industries has since been able to hold their own system and grew to have taken it over when the independent government fell-out.

Though a Corporation, Metelson's founder believed in a Democratic-republic. So, naturally, it would be a democratic republic as well that would come. But, as Ragnus developed from mass roits and worse, Metelson's showed it had a Communist method of Governing during times of crisis.  During the first 30 cycles of Ragnus's repair an rebuilding it was a Lenient Communistic  Rule with Martial Law put into effect as needed. When Metelson's felt ready, the new Governments were put into place, and Communistic rule was phased out to a now fully Democratic Republic of Ragnus. The republic being governed in territories across the planet. Each territory being an Independent body, but, all answering to Metelson Industries when Push came to shove.

As it stands today, Ragnus is a thriving Arid world, orbiting a red dwarf. With a heavy mining ethic and Culture. Much of their ships are made to be easily seen as the tools used often result in explosive results or otherwise. However, simply because they are seen, doesn't mean they can't see you just as well.

For further Questions, please contact our P.R. department, All questions are not guaranteed an answer.

Download a full Cataloge of our Ships and Systems Information now~!
^!^!^ DOWNLOAD THE MOD ^!^!^
Nexerelin COMPATIBLE / LAZYLIB IS REQUIRED FOR MISSIONS

Mod Direction, Current Status, and otherwise:::

Direction of Metelson Industries and CEO Open-letter

• Develop a line of salvaging, construction/repair and fleet maintenance vessels
  • Develop a standard Policing and Defensive series of vessles based upon the Pala or Glima family of hulls
  • Develop and advance work-tools within the industry and in planetary defense
  • Ploishing...
  • ... Open to discussion and deliberations, all subject ideas to be defered privately or publicly within given fourm (IE this thread)  ...
Open-Letter to all patrons and associates:

Within this past year and with the development of 0.8, many things have changed and come to pass. In my life, I am struggling with school and juggling many things at the moment. Likewise, it will take time for me to update and modify things to accurately mange and balance the new ideas I have in mind. I also have to learn the new quirks... I will let the giants that can see above the trees make their way through an then well, yeah. Come creeping after...  So, Metelsons will not be updated for some period after release.

To clarify, school, work, social, and otherwise things out of my control, have precedence. The mod will get better, I will be furthering the direction and possibly the scope. However, that will not be without some help, self-learning, or otherwise. I will be DAMNED an burned if I produce a shoddy product; Worth nothing more than a volatile fart-joke or some-such.  To outline this, I have set the current deliberations as such above and will clarify each:

• Develop a line of salvaging, construction/repair and fleet maintenance vessels
This should be a no-brainier.  Metelson's at it's core idea and tenants was to be an industrial, utilitarian Faction-mod. It has not really grown because, well. I could not think of much to add to it. However, with the industry tab coming and a few other things. I can try to add hull-mods, Ship-specific hull-mods relating to the Industry tab, as well as a few other ideas. That however goes against one of the other ideas for the mod. Simplicity, I wanted this to be simple, an really. it still is, however, it may still be quiet difficult to avoid using complex scripts and otherwise and frankly? Simple can mean many things. Compared to something like Templars, Black Rock Drives, or ShadowYards, Metelson's is simple and playable. Compared to something like NGO, it's probably a little more complex in scope.

• Develop a standard Policing and Defensive series of vessels based upon the Pala or Glima family of hulls
This ties more into the fact that with the coming changes, having simple ship-choices may have the game turn stale. Otherwise, some of my ships... need some help. Old kit-bashes may be re-purposed, even older ships might be brought back as (D) or (V (as in !!! Volatile !!! )), and ships will be produced around standard shapes and themes for the mod.

• Develop and advance work-tools within the industry and in planetary defense
Keeping the ball rolling, I'll be working on ideas for "Planet-Cracking" devices or other tools of Mining in space. things like the miller cannon will be updated as far as a graphic goes and it's bullet will be changed. Likewise, more Military or Militarized objects will be produced. Old ideas might also make a come-back as well an things that I doodled in the early days of the mod may see production.

• Ploishing...
Like everything above, I will do my best as a modder to produce a worth-while product and to that end everything is...

• ... Open to discussion and deliberations, all subject ideas to be defered privately or publicly within given fourm (IE this thread or PMs)  ...

Seriously. If you have an idea, would like to help, would enjoy being a test-monkey an giving me feed-back. Sending me fan-art, fan-fiction, whatever you think would benefit the mod to some degree, or simply something noteworthy/interesting. Tell me, talk to me, talk to others who enjoy the mod and post your idea. If you think I may not like it, try me. Private message me if you feel so inclined, I'm also on the discord lurking around, reading things.  I might be disposed for the most part, but, I am not going to simply drop this.

As for discussion, keep it civil and please know, at the end of it all. It is my content and I will produce the way I'd like.

Az, out.

================================

Product Permissions and licensing
================================

This mod is provided as is, free of charge, and is subject to common usage as most other mods are. Use at your own risk, as mods are mods, and mods can break things.

Credit is to go me and others as needed. If you're unsure who owns what, ask and I'll help. (not like that'll be an issue considering the size an scope of the mod.)

Otherwise keep to common sense please.
Metelson Industries Mod by Azmond is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Any derivative work must also comply with Starsector's EULA

Screen shots in spoiler below!
SWARM OF THE LORDS!!!

Home sweeeaaugh... Who am I kidding? It's a rock...
It's... Pretty, dusty... Uah, ain't it?

WHERE THE HELL IS THIS ROCK DAMN IT?!...
Oh...

Drengur in action

Thrudgelmir with it's main beam!

Mod pros and cons~! For poops an giggles
Pros                  
Simple to pick up and install
Small and manageable
Ships are varied and have a style aiming for Vanilla
NEXCELERIN SUPPORTED
Generally Midline with a great focus on Frigates and Destroyers

cons                  
The Mod does NOT add- nor aim -to add significantly flashy affects, effects, or ships, an can be somewhat boring.
The Mod tries to be small.
Very VERY crew strict, would recommend Blast-Doors as well as a Shuttle to hold crew. The Pala, Mudder, Mite, and Roma work well for this, as well as certain larger ships.

Change Log
===================================================
++++ Change Log starting from 4/16/2017 onward ++++
===================================================

8/12/2017::

All CR normalized on Metelson vessels.
         All ships- save for one -have been given normal CR stats
            A lot has been done to the ships either to give them more load-outs that're worth a damn, or otherwise.
         Some load-outs are suicide or otherwise rare to see.
         Ye' have been warned and keep on your toes.

Rostor Field's have been lowered to only 5 ships in the metelson fleet. Replacements have been made to the others.
      Rostor Fields no longer have individual boosts to speed.
      Rostor Fields now have the same cool-down and regen as the Damper Field.
   Actel H35 now set in standard fleet generation as a "2", meaning it's more rare to actually see (hopefully) Likewise, fleet generation has been normalized copying the Nueteral fleet generation.
      Actel h35 speed has been lowered to 60 from
      Actel hull has been lowered to 3000 from
      Actel CR lowered to 300 from 400
   Actel Cannon nerfed and flux generation increased
      Standard cannon has a default spread of 8 from 10
      Actel Canopy has a a max spread of 12 from 15.
         Both cannons have had an increase to their cool-down phase and flux generation.
         Both cannons have a projectile speed of 800 from 1000 making the shot easier to dodge for smaller targets.
         (unless it's point blank which, yeah, good luck...)         
   Obex- NERFED, no longer is it a flying Hammer barrage.
      removed one hammer torpedo and replaced the Mining laser and Molaris Blaster with a single Maser.
   Securi-
      CR reduced from 575 to 300
      Hull reduced from 4250 to 3000
      Armor reduced from 600 to 400
      Turn-rate lowered from 60 to 20
      Speed unchanged
      Flux reduced from 6000(!!!) to 4250
      Shield arc reduced from 220 to 200
   Pala:L
      Speed reduced from 170 to 165
      Acceleration reduced from 175 to 150
      Shield arc reduced from 270 to 220
   Thrudgelmir
      Fleet points increased to 20
         NEXE: mining strength reduced from 125 to 75
   NEXE:
      Additional mining weapons added-
            Molaris Blaster mining strength set to 5. Half of the standard mining blaster.

Fighter refit time normalized
      All fighters have refit times parallel with vanilla counterparts.
      Grudiver is set to 5
      Negl is set to 10
      Obex and Golgata are set to 15

Actel Egg removed

6/24/2017::
mi_Drengur
    turret layout changed
   overall nerf and now on par with Odessey
    FP unchanged
    OP to 212 from 260
    Hull set to 11000 from 15000 Armor nerfed to 1200 from 1500
    Max Fluxcahnged, Diss. unchanged. Max flux to 12500 from 15000
    Speed set to 60 from 80, it also now turns and accelerates like a brick through water...
        In otherwords... It's slow as balls to get up to speed and difficult to stop.
    Turning is nerfed as well making it a 15 turn-rate with 10 Turn acceleration.
    Arc lowered to 120 from 180, nerfed to 0.6 upkeep and 1.2 efficiency (in other-words it's a crap shield, but it works.)
        Basically, the ship should be less of a cluster-of-things-evil!
    mi_actelh35
        Speed lowered to 70
        Shield nerfed, upkeep increased to 1 while efficiency is set to 1.5 (the shield is for catching shots and sponging beams when able)
    mi_securi speed lowered to 80
    Actel Cannon/Canopy Flux per shot increased to 1500
        Canopy spread increased to 14 and decay lowered to 0.9333
        Cannon spread set to10 with a decay rate lowered to 0.6333
    Crackler spread increased
         Spread set to 25 with a minimum spread of 2. Decay is set to

6/17/2017::

General::
Fighters edited for use in the game and the mod is now upgraded from 7.2 to 8.1! (finally fudge-packing-hell!!!)
Rock moved south of the main worlds outside of Galatia as a spot for fueling and so on. no other systems added.

Ships--
   mi_drengur Offcially Added
   Thrudgelmir Lives!!!
   mi_cringer added
   several other ships have a slight graphics update

Ship-systems--

Coiler Drones (Rastrum) changed to a built-in weapon, Rastrum given Active Flares

Descriptions--
   mining lance name changed to Maser Lance to fit with the Maser beam and So on
   Added new descriptions as needed.

Weapons--
   Gulimnjor added
   Padent system added
   Combat MG given a burst of 16 with 1.75 second chargedown (now rivals the Needler rather than being a plinky MG....)

==========
4/16/2017::

Ships--
   mi_wolf (stiulv) given Manuvering Jets and small buff to stats to compensate for Mobility loss making the ship viable for combat again.          Speed from 110 to 120
      armor from 180 to 220
      Flux from 1800 to 1950
      Dissipation from 140 to 150

Ship-systems--

Rostor Fields nerfed slightly and given charges to avoid becoming overpowered.   

Descriptions--
   Varingurt is no longer on sale and has been removed from production. (Spelling error for Varingur fixxed)

Weapons--
   Kasta-MRSM given a buff:
       EMP set to 10
      Damage from 50 to 55
   Mining Lance OP added from 10 to 11

Work team for the mod and thanks to:

Thank you MesoTroniK, Biotic, Foxer360, Dark Revenant, those who play this Mod and those who have commented on this thread!
Without your help, comments, knowing/Unknowing encouragement, I would have made little in the way of progress and may've stopped my idea altogether!!!

Thank you one an all, enjoy my mod and please. Tear into them, tell me what sucks, what's awesome. Without help or comments, criteque or elsewise, this mod would be nothing!

Azmond         :: Development and Mod Lead, Head Sprite Artist, code-monkey, Ink-drinker (lore) and idea-monkey
MesoTroniK   ::Balanacing, Code assistance, script and Description help; Helpfulness and grand advice in general
Deathfly       ::Code Advice, Inital Coding assistance, occasional help.
Viymese       :: Concepts for Weapons,ships, and other objects. First Code monkey. (generally on Military leave with Erratic contributions.)
Foxer360       ::Balancing and General help

Tools used :: netbeans IDE, Kitra (GIMP can eat it's heart out) and of course  Tryolbots Ship Editor! Smiley

====
Off topic somewhat:
====

If anyone wants to watch me work, I've a stream set up for doodling an such. If you want to give it look. I'll try an update when I'm streaming and what it is that I'm doing. Most often, it'll be Space-ships. but, sometimes I'll be working with traditional work with a camera.. That will be much later though. Most likely just ships.

ANYWAY! If you want to watch, click the link below:
https://picarto.tv/Azmond

Next Stream: Saturdays usually, 7PM WEST-COAST USA or GMT-8

Also, no required but quiet awesome if you do. Donate~!

https://www.paypal.me/AzmondsWorks

Donating helps give me coffee and is a bit of excitement for me. ^ ^[/list]
« Last Edit: Today at 06:11:36 PM by Azmond » Logged

CEO and Founder of Metelson Industries!
I stream on Saturdays, usually space-ships. Smiley
Sabaton
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »

If you want to make such a faction you might have to wait, another modder by the name of Okim came to the same realization that if you explore the industry branch at some point the game will override your work as development progresses.
Azmond
Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:46:09 PM »

It's not going to add much to the game except for more Mining pods really and a more Industry centered faction. Most factions are military based or have little to no utilitlitaryian ship-roles. So, I was wanting to make a Mod that would offer ships of such nature, cheap annoying flying mining pods that're basically flying coffins. xD

And big hulking carriers to support said annoying-coffins.
It isn't going to add anything to the branch (it may use from the industy branch when development comes but for now it's just a faction in mind.)

Debido
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »

Just because it's industrial, doesn't necessarily mean it can't deal damage. I'm fairly sure there are all manner of size of asteroid mining blasters, orbital drilling platforms and planet cracker class ships designed to reduce Corvus into usable construction materials.
Foxer360
Admiral

Recursion; See Recursion (n)

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »

I loved Keptin's Orbital Planet-crackers from his Interstellar Federation mod. I totally agree with massive mining station fleets composed of a large station+mining laser and a bunch of smaller mining vessels. So...

GET BACK TAH WORK!

Debido
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:23:59 AM »

Have a look at ICE's Kelpie for a laser cutter, maybe you guys could have a rig with an animated drill/grinding stone/saw technology thing to do some nice melee damage with.
Azmond
Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:51:32 AM »

i just got home~! AND fugdenutters! Thanks a lot for the support guys!
If anyone can help us out PLEASE, by all means do, I'll post my sketch ideas and start an actual mod fourm when i'm able.

And you may be onto something debido, and thank you three for posting so far! a post is MUCH MUCH more appreciated and excitement educing for me~!

I've done some work on the spade an so has my brother, but we're not spriters or coders. I can do some good work and will likely get better. But some things still need help. either way.
off to bed at this moment in 7/1/14  02:00

Azmond
Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 01:56:14 AM »

OKay. so i've made progress and have put together the Nota Mining Pod. it was orignal the Nut pod, but, yreah. That was cheesy. =3= and not he good cheesy from the 1980's either...
So, it's the Nota mining pod. I've also used some of my good drawing papter to make the line works for a heavy destoryer class carrier called the Lead. as in lead pipe. Tongue The name is simply Lead.
for now here're 2 of the ships as well as the first drawing of the Nota Mining Pod, and finally the end prodcut that came from the picture.

The images are here in order for the most part.

Though it seems i've no idea how to use the image tag...  So i've had to just upload them as an attachments but even has been giving me issues. So, here's the Anthrom and the Aenet. = ='

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:58:38 AM by Azmond » Logged

MesoTroniK
Admiral

I am going to destroy your ships

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 02:03:26 AM »

Those images are not working because they link to a webpage, not directly to the pictures themselves...

The Nota Mining Pod

The Aenet heavy Drone-frigate

The Anthrom Support Destoryer

Azmond
Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 02:32:50 AM »

again, never used the tag till now.
thank you mesotron~!  ^ ^

Farlarzia
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 04:34:34 AM »

Non of those images work for me, they show the corrupt image icon, and upon trying to open them manually give me a 403 error, saying its forbidden
Azmond
Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »

Okay if that doesn't fix it I'm going to be just uploading down-sized pictures of the art.
and even that sucked~!!! @~@
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:02:04 PM by Azmond » Logged

Farlarzia
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »

That fixed it, but we seem to be missing the Nota Mining Pod now, not sure if that's on purpose
Azmond
Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »

I couldn't get it to work, or otherwise, so... I just uploaded the Anthrom and the Aenet as down-sized attatchments... = =;
here's the nota drawing and the nota pod end-prodcut (so far)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Azmond
Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:59 PM »

butter-nuts... Who looked at it Fifty times?! xD

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23