Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626953 times)

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8
« Reply #900 on: May 31, 2017, 08:17:52 AM »

First of all, I love the mod it is absolutely insane good however I have to say, getting Longinus Laser from the Knights is almost impossible. I have defeated around 30 fleets and have salvaged only 1 Longinus laser so far. Is this intended?
PS: I have insane amount of Sentenia Assault Cannons
Think about how many ships carry a Longinus compared to Sentenia Cannons. Also remember there are other variants that might carry a Juger or ROLAND. If I remember, it is only the Archbishop and Paladin that can carry them. (Correct me if I am wrong.)
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 31, 2017, 12:30:28 PM »

First of all, I love the mod it is absolutely insane good however I have to say, getting Longinus Laser from the Knights is almost impossible. I have defeated around 30 fleets and have salvaged only 1 Longinus laser so far. Is this intended?
Think about how many ships carry a Longinus compared to Sentenia Cannons. Also remember there are other variants that might carry a Juger or ROLAND. If I remember, it is only the Archbishop and Paladin that can carry them. (Correct me if I am wrong.)
Exactly my question, is that intended that very very few fleets have Longinus Laser ships, and if they do, from like 10 ships only 1 carries it? This seem to me a bit odd. As I said, from around 30 fleets I managed to salvage only ONE Longinus. I have just recently got my second Longinus after around +5 fleets defeated. Maybe I am just very unlucky? Or the numbers are really this uneven?

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 31, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »

Exactly my question, is that intended that very very few fleets have Longinus Laser ships, and if they do, from like 10 ships only 1 carries it? This seem to me a bit odd. As I said, from around 30 fleets I managed to salvage only ONE Longinus. I have just recently got my second Longinus after around +5 fleets defeated. Maybe I am just very unlucky? Or the numbers are really this uneven?
I think the salvage rates also affect it. Have you put any points into skills that increase salvage and/or weapon drop rates? Also, research stations are a good place to find rare weapons in general.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 01, 2017, 06:14:10 AM »

I had salvage skills, but yesturday I respecced my character and dropped salvaging. Also gathered 4 more Longinus lasers from around 10-15 fleets. So I guess RNG was just not on my side.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 02, 2017, 02:24:25 AM »

Now what I have truly realised that from all my fleet kills I only have just one Clarent SRM Tube. As my previous posts stated I now have around 6 Longinus Lasers. I have defeated countless amount of fleets but it seems like they just dont use it.
While the Longinus Lasers are rare, I would consider this rarity for the Clarent SRM Tubes to be rather a bug. It cannot be that from 40+ fleets I get just only 1.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 02, 2017, 02:58:16 AM »

AFAIK salvage skills have no effect on post battle loot.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8b
« Reply #906 on: June 04, 2017, 03:24:21 AM »

Hopefully, this is the last update before the Big Things.

Note: DynaSector is necessary for debris/salvage adjustments to certain Templar campaign features.  Without certain features added by DynaSector, significantly more gear is possible to salvage than is actually intended, which can negatively impact balance and your enjoyment of the game.  If you don't like certain changes introduced by DynaSector, (nearly) all of them can be turned off in DYNASECTOR_OPTIONS.ini.

Download The Knights Templar 0.9.8b
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.2)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.2.0 (Updated!))

- Supported by DynaSector 1.2.0 (Strongly recommended!) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.8 (Not yet updated!) -

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Edit TEMPLAR_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Knights Templar features, such as the demanding custom shader effects!

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 0.9.8b
- Updated to support Starsector 0.8.1a
- Each D-mod decreases Lattice Shield ship performance
- D-modded Templar ships have no Priwen Burst
- Significant changes to Templar debris/derelicts
- Significant rebalance to fleet presence in the sector
- Significant rebalance of Crusades and Crusade effects
- Prevented edge cases that could break the economy
- Greatly reduced EMP damage of Priwen Burst, Almace Burst, and Excalibur Drive detonations
- Increased ship prices
- Fixed floaters on the Chevalier sprite
- Readjusted Almace Burst AI
- Attacks that deal hard flux on a hit now only deal soft flux if they hit hull (still hard flux against shields)
- Adjusted Holy Charge AI
- Fixed some reputation-related issues for battle participation
- Priwen Burst and Excalibur Drive detonations have a maximum amount of total damage, attenuating if there are too many targets
- Made Martyrs more aggressive
- Far fewer enemy Templar ships are available for capture
- Aegis Shield now has charges and regenerates
- Reduced Clarent damage to 1500 from 2000, reduced Fighter Clarent damage to 1250 from 1500
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:41:16 AM by Dark.Revenant »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8b
« Reply #907 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:50 AM »

Thanks for updating.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8b
« Reply #908 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »

*chuckles meticulously* Time for a round two for my Dramlord-class vs Templar fleets. Thanks for updating it, though! I may not like the faction but I sure like testing my overpowered ships against the Templar fleets.

EDIT: *sigh of relief* Refreshingly satisfying to me:

Spoiler

"Your shrines will burn, your streets run with blood, your false idols shattered, your people slaughtered by the thousands, your very planet torn apart… and the barest fraction of my hatred will be satisfied!" - Ba’ar Zul the Hate-Bound, Warrior of Khorne
[close]

Still had to modify my doomsday Dramlord a bit though, increased its flux dissipation seriously of the scale so I could machinegun-blast them with my personal Doombore cannon that can do some EMP damage too. The glorious sound of a rapid-fire Hellbore sounds and disintegrating the Templar ships before they can initiate their explosion device thus rendering them derelicts in many pieces.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:28:06 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8c
« Reply #909 on: June 10, 2017, 05:17:49 PM »

Hopefully, THIS is the last update before the Big Things.

Download The Knights Templar 0.9.8c
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.2)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.2.1 (Updated!))

- Supported by DynaSector 1.2.0 (Strongly recommended!) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.8c (Updated!) -

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Edit TEMPLAR_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Knights Templar features, such as the demanding custom shader effects!

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 0.9.8c
- Fixed Templar transponder-off proceedings
- Improved some odds and ends

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8c
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2017, 12:06:13 PM »

I have salvaged some Templar ships and weapons with thoughts of integrating them into my fleet, but the end result was rather disappointing.

• Their weapons are so flux inefficient, that equipping Templar ships with mostly non-Templar weapons leads to better results in the simulator.
  • While their individual ships are powerful, they have such a high deployment cost, that the enemy can simply outnumber and overwhelm me. I have tried facing groups of enemies in the simulator with a single Templar ship (auto-piloted) and most of the times, I could not win.

If they are supposed to be the boss faction, they could use a bit of a boots.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2017, 01:18:41 PM »

Have you fought them head on?

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2017, 03:42:37 PM »

What do you mean?

All fights in the simulator were on autopilot, so I can see, how the AI handles it.

In game I fight them head on. I have a mixed fleet with 3 capitals, 2 cruisers, 10 destroyer carriers and 7 frigates. Templars usually engage my big tanky ships and then get destroyed by fighters/bombers. They can always deploy only a relatively small number of ships. So even large Templar fleets attack in waves, that are quite manageable.

Now don't get me wrong, they are still stronger than other factions. It's just that I remember them being even stronger in 0.7.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2017, 03:44:53 PM »

What do you mean?

All fights in the simulator were on autopilot, so I can see, how the AI handles it.

In game I fight them head on. I have a mixed fleet with 3 capitals, 2 cruisers, 10 destroyer carriers and 7 frigates. Templars usually engage my big tanky ships and then get destroyed by fighters/bombers. They can always deploy only a relatively small number of ships. So even large Templar fleets attack in waves, that are quite manageable.

Now don't get me wrong, they are still stronger than other factions. It's just that I remember them being even stronger in 0.7.
Yeah, that's because of the old OP BS skills...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

Templars are still strong, but maybe not overwhelmingly so.  In my last Nexerelin game, my restored Paladin (that I recovered) was my trump card if my triple Tachyon Lance Karkinos was not good enough.  High-flux Priwen Burst wrecks small ship swarms and counters that AI's favorite behavior to some extent.

Paladin with IPDAI Rhons, Sentennia, and Joyese/Arondight is still a bit ridiculous.

However, thanks to Advanced Targeting Core, Paragon with quad Tachyon Lances destroys Templar ships somewhat easily, unless swarmed by multiple ships.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71