Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626929 times)

tbninja

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] The Knights Templar 0.9.6
« Reply #825 on: November 18, 2016, 12:14:50 PM »

Hey, I really enjoy this mod and it's a shame it's not functional at the moment.
Is there an ETA of the fix and could anyone pm me the fixed jar in the mean time?

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 18, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »

The fix doesn't actually seem to be that hard.

Step one: Download 9.6 from the first post, unpack it like you would any other mod.

Step two: Go to Starsector/mods/Templars/data/scripts/util

Step three: Open TEM_Util.java with any text editor, such as notepad.

Step four: Scroll to the bottom, and replace

Spoiler
}

private static Color interpolateColor(Color old, Color dest, float progress) {
        final float antiProgress = 1f - progress;
        final float[] ccOld = old.getComponents(null), ccNew = dest.getComponents(null);
        return new Color((ccOld[0] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[0] * progress),
                         (ccOld[1] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[1] * progress),
                         (ccOld[2] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[2] * progress),
                         (ccOld[3] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[3] * progress));
    }
[close]

with

Spoiler
}

private static Color interpolateColor(Color old, Color dest, float progress) {
        final float clampedProgress = Math.max(0f, Math.min(1f, progress));
        final float antiProgress = 1f - clampedProgress;
        final float[] ccOld = old.getComponents(null), ccNew = dest.getComponents(null);
        return new Color((ccOld[0] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[0] * clampedProgress),
                         (ccOld[1] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[1] * clampedProgress),
                         (ccOld[2] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[2] * clampedProgress),
                         (ccOld[3] * antiProgress) + (ccNew[3] * clampedProgress));
    }
[close]

Step five: Enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:02:12 PM by sirboomalot »

Asauski

• Ensign
  • I'm fluent in google translate
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 18, 2016, 05:24:39 PM »

I hope I'm not disrespecting any forum rules with this post but here it is ...
I hope it's possible to download this file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu7fd815n48pq4b/Templars.jar?dl=0

Templars.jar with the corrections shown by sirboomalot, enjoy.

Morgan Rue

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 19, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »

Wait, this mod is currently busted?  ??? I'm running Templars and a bunch of other stuff(Nexerelin + faction mods + some utility mods) and its working mostly fine. Only issue is if I run the game for too long, like 3+ hours, it starts to get unstable, but I think that is mostly because I have too many mods active and not enough memory space. I'm running Templars version 0.9.5h on Starsector 0.7.2a-RC3.

full mod list
Spoiler
Dynasector 1.0.4, ApproLight 0.4.6a(f1)*, Combat Chatter 1.6.1, Diable Avionics 1.63, Interstellar Imperium 1.12.1, LazyLib 2.1, Nexerelin 0.7.5c, Simulator Overhaul 1.2b, The Knights Templar 0.9.5h, Torchships 1.0, ZZ GraphicsLib 1.0.2
*Is this outdated? I started in v7a. I think this mod is at least partially responsible for the instability.
[close]
Dauntless.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 19, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »

Use Version Checker to keep your mods up to date.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 19, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »

Also, ApproLight can indeed break things even when it's not outdated.

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 06, 2016, 11:56:52 PM »

Hi,

I just wanted to say I really like "The Knights Templar" and the lore behind the faction. Needless to say I was really surprised when I played my first game with them and then checked the faction tab to see that everyone was hostile to me. It was a really cool moment.

The one very tiny criticism I have, is that the faction music seems a little loud compared to the other music in the game and can be kind of jarring when you dock at a station or planet. I think it's primarily the volume of the track and not necessarily the track itself, but, that's just my opinion.

Other than that I think everything is really well done and I just wanted to thank you guys for your work on this.

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 07, 2016, 12:15:22 AM »

I hope I'm not disrespecting any forum rules with this post but here it is ...
I hope it's possible to download this file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu7fd815n48pq4b/Templars.jar?dl=0

Templars.jar with the corrections shown by sirboomalot, enjoy.

Thanks, I d/l'd the file w/o issue. I'm sure I could have done the stuff myself, but, it's always easier if someone else does it for you. That's why I pay someone to cut my grass, lol.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 07, 2016, 05:39:47 AM »

The one very tiny criticism I have, is that the faction music seems a little loud compared to the other music in the game
i believe this is intentional, to make the music feel more impactful. the Templars aren't known for doing things in moderation. go big or go.... actually, there is no other option. ALWAYS go big! :P

but you can very easily edit the volume of individual music and other sound files yourself. just change "volume":0.5 in \Starsector\mods\Templars\data\config\sounds.json to whatever you'd prefer.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.7.2a] The Knights Templar 0.9.6b
« Reply #834 on: January 08, 2017, 01:56:40 AM »

Basic update...  Also, the mod now works!

Download The Knights Templar 0.9.6b
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.1)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.0.3 (Updated!))

- Supported by DynaSector 1.0.5 (Updated!) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.7.6d (Updated!) -

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Edit TEMPLAR_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Knights Templar features, such as the demanding custom shader effects!

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 0.9.6b
- Updated ship and weapon prices
- Fixed stupid color crash

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] The Knights Templar 0.9.6b
« Reply #835 on: January 08, 2017, 07:52:05 AM »

Also, the mod now works!
that's the best kind of change! :D

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 02, 2017, 01:47:24 PM »

*fires up 45 minute long twostepsfromhell playlist and reads all 56 pages*

interesting read. one thing i found missing from the entire thread was an indepth look at how the Longinus Heavy Laser compares to other beams. Especially, how come it's got almost the same stats as the Plasma Cannon which is a large energy? Just based on that i'd say the mod as a whole is unbalanced and OP. Actually, being honest, one has to admit there's been a severe lack of philosophical discussion as to what constitutes a 'Large' weapon as opposed to the smaller brethren...just by looking at some of the [admittedly very cool] weaponry in the armory of someone with most of the mods installed.

Having lambasted Dark Revenant, albeit unfairly, the onus is on me to proof the case that the Longinus either needs a 'Large' designation or some sort of nerf to make it less appealing (because, honestly, why not put the long in a large slot, ffs?)

Using the Sunder (U)'s large energy slot i'm going to beat the stuffing out of successive enforcers (poor things, i know) after entering "allweapons" into console. Now, i'm using probably half of the major mods on the left hand side of the index by now so it should be somewhat definitive.
Using an officer with 10 power grid skill
My hypothesis is that as i travel down the OP cost list of energy weapons available, and make notes as to flux and damage, i will find the Longinus outperforms at an immersion breaking level compared to it's peers.
If it does i'll probably download and install the editor (assuming i'll be able to nerf the gun that way)

• Joyeuse Fractal Laser. (pulse;shotgun) The timing is good for dissipation vs rate of fire. Poor enforcer got splattered, especially with high energy focus active. at 36 OP cost, it seems fun enough aside from probable blue-on-blue incidents.
  • Silver Lance.  (beam; power up; short burst) *scratches head* for 32 OP cost it's underwhelming on the simulator enforcer. impressive stats on paper; hardly affects the target
  • Juger Heavy Cannon (pulse) bullet speed leaves much to be desired but the effect on the target was impressive. never though to use this on sunder. wow
  • Unstable Photon Cannon (pulse;shotgun) besides almost maxing out the enforcer's flux, the effect was negligible for what i was seeking.
  • Invocation Launcher (pseudo-missile;MIRV) great kiting weapon but not exactly slaying that enforcer. We're at the 26 OP cost range now...
  • Plasma Cannon (pulse;triple shot) bit greedy on the flux but i was able to take the enforcer down before i was in danger of overloading.
  • Urlan Siege Laser (pulse;triple shot) bit slow on the projectile speed side but had the same take down ability of the Plasma, with less flux problems actually
  • Neutron Lance (beam; short burst) slightly better than the other two above and 2 OP cheaper. Still, nothing like the Joyeuse. lol
  • Neutron Pulse Battery (pulse) bit slow on the projectile speed and not demanding on flux. it eventually did the job, taking not too long for a 22 OP wpn
  • Tachyon Lance (beam;short burst) efficacy along the lines of the Neutron Pulse directly above. It's the default weapon for my Sunders, actually.
  • Flux Torpedo (pulse) bit slow on the projectile speed side and efficacy a little less than the above stuff, but kept the enforcer in almost constant overload
  • Particle Cannon Array (pulse;Quad Shot) decent shot speed, underwhelming results compared to it's 21 OP peers. (kinetic; hard flux to shields)
  • Neutrino Beam (beam; short burst) very niche weapon. useless against the enforcer for this test of actual take down time. (kinetic; hard flux to shields)
  • Basilisk Ultrashock (beam; short burst) pretty much along the lines of the Tachyon and Neutron Pulse...i'd go with this but i like pairing range equivalent mediums with my tachyon (1000su easier to pair with other things) on the sunder Us i field.
  • Heavy Pulsar Beam (pulse) very impressive projectile speed; enforcer go splat. Range isn't great. flux dissipation nicely timed for next pulse. hmmm
  • Super-charged Pulse Beam (beam;triple shot) uhm...yeah...i know why i prefer spending just one more OP for the Tachyon over this POS. blech.
  • Auto-hybrid Blaster (pulse;Quad shot) well, it looks and sounds cool, but for one more OP i'd go for the heavy pulsar beam instead for better efficacy.
  • Bane (pulse)  rate of fire and speed of shot are insane. be a great anti-fighter and frigate tool, albeit expensive (18OP). not so much against the enforcer.
  • Ultraheavy Energy Blaster (pulse) rate of fire and speed of shot are insane. worked pretty good for a 18OP weapon against the enforcer
  • Sunstorm PDE (beam; short burst) being an explosive variety of energy i didn't expect much from this. niche weapon not suited for this test
  • Guardian PD (multi beams; ammo bursts) for *** and giggles i gave this a whirl. the enforcers weapons did more soft flux damage to itself than this thing. lol
  • Autopulse Laser (pulse; ammo bursts) at 16op this weapon is awesome if you add 'expanded magazines' hull mod (lasts long enough to hit 'F' key twice)
  • Dual Giga Pulse laser (twin beam; short burst) not bad rate of fire, although it took a while to take down the enforcer
  • Graser (beam; short burst) *** rate of fire; not familiar with "burst damage" mechanics and "extra damage at high flux" so niche weapon and n/a to test
  • High Intensity Laser (beam) And finally we come to the only true 'beam' weapon in my current arsenal that is a large energy weapon. cheap, dependable and everyone's favorite finisher. it wouldn't have been able to take out the enforcer though, especially with the high flux cost (500/second continuous adds up on the sunder)

now, taking a bit to refine my hypothesis i'd like to point out that the first impression of the Longinus was that it's "1000flux/second" statistic didn't really seem like that ingame. It's a continuous fire beam weapon and i worry less about it than my high intensity laser? hello
yeah. confirmed. look at that. jeezuz. wiped the floor with that poor enforcer. didn't even bother to turn on high energy focus once. flux? lulz. seriously? nahhh..something's wrong. i lower the sunder's flux to base and i'm barely scratching flux levels. turn the shields on and it start moving slowly up.  yeah, dude. serious problems...did you recently buff the weapon and not touch the ingame statistics? seriously overpowered. stop listening to Megas. lol

it's got the turning radius of a medium energy but the power of something costing 21 OP that's a large. it's got good range, and it's the only true 'large' beam weapon outputting non-explosive.  My suggestion? simply change the damage type to explosive and you'll solve the problem then and there. sure it'll cost more than the large intensity laser, but its stats (corrected) are superb across the board, so why the hell not?

tried to add attachment but forum big meanie. sad.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #837 on: April 02, 2017, 02:34:19 PM »

I had an easier time killing a Dominator in my Sunder U (no officer skills) using a Heavy Blaster in place of the Longinus Heavy Laser.  And we're talking about a ship that is vulnerable to beams.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 02, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »

Sure it's a good weapon, but it's not cheap to fit or to fire. Longinus on non-Templar ships is not nearly as useful as the Sentenia (homing that passes through friendlies anyone?). It's always going to be a beam. Those Templar beams only really shine when you get the flux perk along with them. Also there's the High Intensity Laser for Sunders, which is quite good now and can be paired up with 2x Gravs to melt through almost anything.

Anyway, my extensive playthrough ended with a bunch of Templar weapons on non-Templar ships, and the only really overpowered ones were the pre-nerf Clarents. Rest is, all things considered, a slight upgrade with a hefty cost.

Seems odd that the HIL feels more flux hungry to you than the Longinus. Will have to test...

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 02, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »

I had an easier time killing a Dominator in my Sunder U (no officer skills) using a Heavy Blaster in place of the Longinus Heavy Laser.  And we're talking about a ship that is vulnerable to beams.
well, i can't very well defeat a dom using a single heavy blaster. just sitting ingame simulator with no enemies i can push my 1 longinus to actually increase flux a bit faster than a single heavy blaster, when shields are on. i'm guessing longinus has an effective flux of about between 600-800/sec?

Sure it's a good weapon, but it's not cheap to fit or to fire. Longinus on non-Templar ships is not nearly as useful as the Sentenia (homing that passes through friendlies anyone?). It's always going to be a beam. Those Templar beams only really shine when you get the flux perk along with them. Also there's the High Intensity Laser for Sunders, which is quite good now and can be paired up with 2x Gravs to melt through almost anything.
Anyway, my extensive playthrough ended with a bunch of Templar weapons on non-Templar ships, and the only really overpowered ones were the pre-nerf Clarents. Rest is, all things considered, a slight upgrade with a hefty cost.
Seems odd that the HIL feels more flux hungry to you than the Longinus. Will have to test...
High Int plus Gravs. hmmm...you know, i wonder why i never tried those vanilla weapons in combo? n00b me.
But, sorry for digressing. My point is that there needs to be a discussion about large/medium threshold. the longinus is seriously overpowered as a medium (regardless of how shockingly low it's ingame flux/sec is)

====
grrrr...now i can't replicate the flux problem vs the high intensity beam and longinus *feels like ****
*keeps trying to replicate*
okay, i may be misunderstanding the flux issue when it's at zero. i've got my sunder at 990 dissipation but the longinus isn't increasing it. slowly lowering the dissipation by increments to see where it starts to fill the flux capacitors.
at 950 dissipation the longinus will very slowly start filling the capacitor. hmmmm...i wonder if it's a peculiarity of true beam weapons

I did test your grav+HI; i prefer my tachyon+heavy shockbeams (same range; way better performance)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:20:16 PM by majorfreak »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71