Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 629110 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Knights Templar v0.9.5b
« Reply #600 on: December 21, 2015, 10:38:17 AM »

This mod is insane! I really enjoy fighting against these guys and the fact that their home world is just next to the Tri-Tachyon core worlds is evil (my chosen Nexerim faction). Is it ok that I can sometimes buy the absurdly overpowered Teuton fighter wing on the Tri-Tachyon military market, or is it a bug caused by some other mod?

Whaaaaaaat? Teuton Fighters overpowered? Those tiny little, puny *a Teuton fighter wing passes and destroys his destroyer in seconds* ... ... ... uhmmm.. what was I saying?

Oh yeah..I am pretty sure no Templar stuff should appear in open or military markets of other factions. If anything, I never seen anything of theirs even in black markets.
Ignorance is bliss..

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2015, 10:47:39 AM »

I occasionally find small Templar weapons in Military and Black Markets. Nothing other than small weapons though, like Single Clarents, Secaces, and Rhon Lasers. On very rare occasion, I'll find a Teuton on the black market.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 21, 2015, 10:56:34 AM »

i should start checking the black market then! i would love to find one of those... for... experimental reasons.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 21, 2015, 11:13:05 AM »

Okay I just installed and started using most of the mods recommended for SS+. These dudes are fking crazy. Its like they are on cracks using mini nuke launchers. They are absolutely crazy. Thank you for this amazing mod and challange! I cant beat them yet.... any advice? I got 1 Paragon 3 Sunder(U) 2 Archers 3 Fighter WIngs 1 Fast Carrier. Even a smaller detachment gives me trouble and usually big losses. THESE DUDES ARE FKIN CRAZY. Feels like borderline cheating :D
I dont see them having any base tho. Can you befriend them somehow? Buy stuffs from them? Or only boarding by a very small chance?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:16:37 AM by KopiG »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2015, 11:22:34 AM »

A paragon should be pretty good, but you need some seriously good point defense to stop their missiles. you know the guardian PD from vanilla? if you can get one of those on each side it will stop most of their missiles. other than that you need extreme firepower to knock em dead!

oh, and good luck fighting the carriers. those things regenerate missiles.

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 21, 2015, 11:33:18 AM »

I am also using a paragon. Face-tanking missiles and other high damage attacks with the fortress shield and hitting them with assault weapons when they are vulnerable works quite well. I do not dare deploy any smaller ships, they just get wrecked  ;D

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 21, 2015, 11:41:32 AM »

I never managed to like the paragon. It just does not look good in my eyes, even if it is a moving block (circlular block) of death, in a way. I love Conquest from Vanilla and since SS+ mention... sweet... VICTORY! Even the crappy Onslaught (lol.. did I call the monster crappy?) seems better than Paragon to me. But I love sunders. My favorite sunders are the new SS+ armored sunders... especially the XIV ones. THe XIV sunder must be one of the handful ships I use unstable injector to make it faster.

I loved sunder from when only the vanilla naked version was around.. having it armored up.. is just... AWESOME!
Ignorance is bliss..

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 21, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »

Sunders are always glorious. I generally try to get them as quickly as is economically feasible, assuming they are available. The massive firepower and powerful shields (which are easy to make into a full bubble) make them rather durable early on as well.

----

What does the lesser... Energy burst do? There doesn't seem to be much detail anywhere, either on tooltip or on the OP.
The greater one seems to release lightning arcs, dealing (presumably) energy and EMP damage, scaled by current flux, and produces some hard flux. Also is technically a short-duration phase-shift.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2015, 11:50:18 AM »

i think the smaller blast only shoots out one lightning bolt, instead of a huge AOE explosion. so it only hits one ship, but it still hurts.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »

Btw why isnt there a Large version of the Longinus Heavy Laser? A bit misleading that its a medium slot as well. Shouldnt a Large version exist as well?
Also do these Templars have any base? Can I buy stuffs from them? Otherwise whats the point in getting allied with them while the whole galaxy hates you?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:57:15 PM by KopiG »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »

the Ascalon planet in the Antioch system is there their base is. sells Templar ships/equipment and anything else you would need. they won't let you dock unless you are on good terms with them, though.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »

still find it awesome how I mounted two medium beam weapons on my Victory... and they made me feel overpowered.. I held back because I knew if i got more.. I would just tear through everything.. On my next gameplay though I am going to get a Paladin. I do wonder how it feels to move forward wreaking havoc.. XD
Ignorance is bliss..

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 21, 2015, 03:38:59 PM »

the Ascalon planet in the Antioch system is there their base is. sells Templar ships/equipment and anything else you would need. they won't let you dock unless you are on good terms with them, though.
There is no such system for me displaying..... what can be the problem? Obviously I am using them mod. Do I need a "support" mod for that new system?
EDIT: Okay nvm I found it. Im almost always using the intel map and forgot the "normal" map (using Tab). The intel map does not show it btw! Future enhancement perhaps? Also the events display very funny when an event happens there. Puts the event on the right top corner.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:42:37 PM by KopiG »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 21, 2015, 04:19:04 PM »

Wow...the into in the first post wasn't kidding when it called this faction OP.
they have weakenses, but also systems/upgrades that mostly nullify them.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »

Btw why isnt there a Large version of the Longinus Heavy Laser? A bit misleading that its a medium slot as well. Shouldnt a Large version exist as well?
What? Isn't a starship scale Lightsaber enough?
Besides, force crystals don't come in a large enough size.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71