Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626984 times)

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Knights Templar v0.9.5b
« Reply #570 on: December 13, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »

Maybe I'm just overlooking the problem because months later I'm still caught up on the fact that the boss faction is literally Knights Templar In Space.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 14, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »

Dunno if it is a bug or not but a fleet of 2 Archbishops and many Teuton wings SHOULD NOT fly at burn 10+ without burn drive on...

Impossible to win the fight since u get insta bombarded with clarents the moment you step into the fight. And good luck defeating 2 archbishops with what's left of your fleet

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 14, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »

Dunno if it is a bug or not but a fleet of 2 Archbishops and many Teuton wings SHOULD NOT fly at burn 10+ without burn drive on...

Impossible to win the fight since u get insta bombarded with clarents the moment you step into the fight. And good luck defeating 2 archbishops with what's left of your fleet
I just took a look at the ship values, and the Archbishop has a burn speed of 7. Are you sure it wasn't using emergency burn?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 15, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »

I really want to ask something; Are the Templar beatable? I have to admit that whenever I see them around me, they are destroying much larger fleets and fighting along them, I have to say they are as scary as cool looking. I can't say I fear them as much as I am filled with reverence for them.

Afar from that, are they not meant to be "friendly" towards others? I managed to raise my relationship with them to cooperative and when I tried to open a trade window, that game hang. I am on Nex and SS+ too.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:29:44 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #574 on: December 15, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »

I really want to ask something; Are the Templar beatable? I have to admit that whenever I see them around me, they are destroying much larger fleets and fighting along them, I have to say they are as scary as cool looking. I can't say I fear them as much as I am filled with reverence for them.

Afar from that, are they not meant to be "friendly" towards others? I managed to raise my relationship with them to cooperative and when I tried to open a trade window, that game hang. I am on Nex and SS+ too.

Must be a nex issue; their market works fine outside of nex.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 15, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »

I know a few tricks when fighting some of the fair sized Templar fleets. i have a DA battleship that can fight the Templar cruisers effectively, and crush their frigates. the carriers i have a hard time against though, i cant shoot the carrier and tank missiles at the same time  :'(

What i want to know is what the heck do i have to bring into Ascalon to invade it  ??? [ nexerelin ]

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 15, 2015, 05:33:31 PM »

I know a few tricks when fighting some of the fair sized Templar fleets. i have a DA battleship that can fight the Templar cruisers effectively, and crush their frigates. the carriers i have a hard time against though, i cant shoot the carrier and tank missiles at the same time  :'(

What i want to know is what the heck do i have to bring into Ascalon to invade it  ??? [ nexerelin ]

The first think that comes it me is... the intergalactic pope.. Maybe he can make them stand down?.. In my first play on a random map (0.65.2) on Nexerelin they were the first faction to fall. Now that I play Corvus mode.. I wonder how the heck whoever did it, managed to do it. Back then I thought SCY were tough.. yeah..
Ignorance is bliss..

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 15, 2015, 06:01:45 PM »

Funny enough, my backup plan for taking out small Templar fleets are SCY cruisers!

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 15, 2015, 06:10:49 PM »

One of my my favorite ships was from SCY. It was a manticore MIRV that I boarded and.. ahhh those nice free MIRV Torpedoes...With that said, the only other ship I ever tried was the armored Erymanthian Boar, that I did not like because eventally the Spinal Missile Launcher would eventually run out of missiles T_T

But the Templar.. they just come up your face and are like "You must be cleansed!"

I tried another market and it worked just fine. I think that specific one in Ratatosk did not like me. *looks at an Archbishop and it's tiny 860000 price* ... I feel if I will buy that.. the message "Congratulations you win!" will pop up.. and yet.. those fighters...Argh even if all the prices are crazy, they feel so "low" for these ship. :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:23:43 AM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 16, 2015, 04:03:44 PM »

I paid 760k for a Templar cruiser on the Freeport station in Acheron  8)

TOTALLLY WORTH IT.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 16, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »

I paid 760k for a Templar cruiser on the Freeport station in Acheron  8)

TOTALLLY WORTH IT.

They are cheap.. but the problem is.. I know as soon as I add them one in my fleet, the game will turn to easy mode XD I did buy though 2 Longinus Heavy Lasers for my Victory.. just two of them make me feel so powerful.. XD
Ignorance is bliss..

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 16, 2015, 04:38:03 PM »

The problem is that Templar weapons are great against their own ships ships. so if you take a Templar ship into a fight against another, the battle usually ends in an epic dual reactor explosion  :D

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 16, 2015, 08:14:13 PM »

uhh, just noticed something really annoying. when a templar ship is out of armor and you hit it with a beam the sound effect for hull taking damage repeats at an insane speed.

And in my current nexerelin playthrough the imperium launched a siege on Ascalon. they not only made it there, but i was able to travel there myself and found templar fleets being annilated. maybe i should have allied with them instead of the TRI-Tachyon x.x
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:22:10 PM by StarSchulz »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #583 on: December 16, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »

Vanilla problem with all ships that repair hull over time.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 17, 2015, 06:04:09 AM »

Ah ah, i have win a fight against templar! I am so happy!
Spoiler

After, templar have use templar cruiser and one shoot(4 homing nuke) my three ships... sniff. (Already my ship have no shield, so destroy one ship with my six ships, i am glad)
[close]

I love your mod, do not nerf this ships '.' , for me, this is a dangerous faction where we need never engage with.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71