Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626950 times)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a] The Knights Templar v0.9.5
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2015, 12:43:28 AM »

How, though? I don't see any skills that particularly influence an EMP burst. Damage dealt? Please do elaborate!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #541 on: November 28, 2015, 12:54:18 AM »

How, though? I don't see any skills that particularly influence an EMP burst. Damage dealt? Please do elaborate!

Shield/flux skills affect the shield, obviously.  Flux skills also affect the burst.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 28, 2015, 02:33:55 AM »

oh my... the thought of Templar ships with the power of combat 10 terrifies me.

Heh heh, just wait for a while longer as they said they will release a templar battleship eventually....

Sweet dreams!

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 28, 2015, 03:35:26 AM »

Oh got the horror!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.7.1a] The Knights Templar v0.9.5b
« Reply #544 on: December 06, 2015, 08:26:39 PM »

Quite a number of fixes.

Download The Knights Templar 0.9.5b
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.1)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.1.1) (Updated!)
(Supported by Starsector+ 3.0.0) (Updated!)
(Supported by Nexerelin 0.7) (Updated!)

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Note: This mod uses custom shader effects.  If you suffer performance issues, adjust or disable these effects in Templars/data/config/templarShaders.json

Change Log
Version 0.9.5b
- Updated for 0.7.1a
- Clarent speed adjusted depending on specific type being launched

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Knights Templar v0.9.5b
« Reply #545 on: December 08, 2015, 10:48:58 AM »

Is there any way to increase effective bounty for Templar ships, due to their increased potency for size?
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Vinyl Dash

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 08, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »

Hey, I've been using this mod for years, It's been great.

However, I've been running into some issues with the interaction between this and the commission system.
The Templars start of as unhospitable toward the player, presumably so you don't have to fight them until you feel ready. However, taking a commission is pretty much required to progress at a good rate in the game now. Since the Templars are hostile to every other faction, taking a commission makes you hostile to them as well. This, by itself, is fine.

Problem is, a lot of the Templar ships have very high burn speed, making avoiding confrontation often almost impossible. The changes with the commission system kind of broke the "The Templars won't mess with you until you're ready"-thing this mod had going for it previously.

Maybe there's some way to fix it at a high level, having the Templar's relationship with the player be unaffected by commissions. If not, maybe lowering their burn speed by 1 across the board would help. Right now, the mod is probably not quite giving the desired experience.

174gjc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 09, 2015, 08:23:36 PM »

oh my... the thought of Templar ships with the power of combat 10 terrifies me.

Heh heh, just wait for a while longer as they said they will release a templar battleship eventually....

Sweet dreams!

Just use console commands- the Pope battleship is already there but still unreleased. It is quite powerful, but really just a reskin of the classic Templar carrier.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 09, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »

I saw that in the codex... terrifying.

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 09, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »

It's an SS+ boss bounty, not really a regular battleship.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 10, 2015, 01:17:57 PM »

I've noticed a few things, one the Templar seem to project their power into a much larger area and with MUCH larger fleets without a crusade than before, I've seen them blockading Hybrasil a few times, two Diable Avionics is basically unplayable with the Templar installed because the rate of Templar fleet spawns and their presence in hyperspace combined with them being literal neighbors with Outer Terminus means that Diable can do literally nothing about anything, they cannot move goods, they cannot project fleets into the rest of the sector, they just sit in Outer Terminus and anything that leaves gets blapped by Templar. The first should probably be an easy fix for you, but for the second may I recommend shifting Ascalon from the top right corner to the bottom left corner of the map? Considering the Templar and Church of Ludd hate each other a bit more than most of the other factions I like the idea that Eos Exodus become the nearest system to Ascalon.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 10, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »

I think the opposite position of Ludd and Templar space was actually the whole point: their fleets have to travel through the whole sector like menacing tidal wave everyone has to run from.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 10, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »

Fair enough I suppose, I don't particularly fear the Church but then again I don't ever really fight them either.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 10, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »

Been having some serious fun with this mod! finally got to a spot where i could fight some Templar without loosing my entire fleet. Turns out, SCY ships make a great combo with salvaged Templar weapons!

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 10, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »

It's really hard to make Templar weapons work on non-Templar ships, I had some good experiences putting them on capital ships though.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71