Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626938 times)

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] The Knights Templar v0.9.3g
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2015, 11:22:59 AM »

Like Console commands?
Does CC work for mods that aren't loaded, though?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2015, 11:28:20 AM »

nope, how could it? the game load all assets and code on launch

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 16, 2015, 12:04:18 PM »

Soooo, No dice then?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 16, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »

Soooo, No dice then?
Theres not really a way to do that. It would require all the assets of Templars, so basically the whole mod, short the campaign integration and missions.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »

Why not just play with Templars enabled? ???

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2015, 03:29:17 PM »

Why not just play with Templars enabled? ???
He means this version I assume

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »

Ah, right. Well, Templars is way too scripted for you to just reduce it to one ship and then the rest works fine.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Sacrifice
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2015, 11:36:27 PM »

A new type of Templar vessel has surfaced.

Martyr-class Illuminator

The Templars' idea of a corvette is the Martyr, a fast attack vessel capable of unmatched agility. Advanced inertial dampeners keep the crew alive while the ship performs up to 120-G maneuvers, while a powerful-but-unstable Templar reactor powers a pair of weapon systems. Somewhat undergunned for a Templar ship, the Martyr-class is nonetheless a dangerous vessel that requires precaution and careful execution to defeat.

The Martyr-class illuminator wields a pair of small weapon slots, plus a Carnwennan Quad-Beam for defense. This is a small weapons package, even by Templar standards, but the onboard Riastrad system can supercharge these weapons, allowing it to inflict terrible damage on the unsuspecting victim. When the Martyr is destroyed, its reactor usually explodes violently, damaging all nearby ships. Unlike other Templar warships, the Martyr's exploding husk is hurled towards hostile vessels during this detonation sequence.

It is thought that the Templars use the Martyr-class to test new recruits, weaponizing their zeal by placing them in these fast, powerful, but relatively fragile vessels, while the senior knights command larger warships.

Unlike most other ships used by the Knights Templar, the Martyr-class illuminator lacks the Priwen Burst Shield. Instead, it mounts the Almace Burst system, which is appropriate for small vessels that lack the flux reserves to unleash a strong Priwen blast.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 17, 2015, 12:52:49 AM »

Jesuits and fighters counter it, but if you have Protonus' energy missiles thats not even that much a problem, and you can always wait to field it till you actually see a paladin. If you do put energy missiles on it, it basically hard counters the archbishop into oblivion, as the missiles go for the drones first.

If that's been taken to account for the destruction of major Templar fleets, I might as well nerf the Energy Missiles while I'm at it.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 17, 2015, 10:41:35 AM »

Jesuits and fighters counter it, but if you have Protonus' energy missiles thats not even that much a problem, and you can always wait to field it till you actually see a paladin. If you do put energy missiles on it, it basically hard counters the archbishop into oblivion, as the missiles go for the drones first.

If that's been taken to account for the destruction of major Templar fleets, I might as well nerf the Energy Missiles while I'm at it.
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffff its not critical. It worked fine before I tried those out, they just add more pressure. I actually put them on so it could be used against something other than templars as well too, and found out that not even the templars can defend against THAT many missiles. They aren't exactly flux efficient, but its something to use the flux and OP for, so I kept it. That and its flashy as hell. If I had a way to take a video, I'd see if I can manage to load up my save and post a version with and without.
.... and I suppose I should mention I tried using your dual hypervelocity drivers, and those may or may not have the ever so slight potential to be mildly misconstrued as... really really good. You didn't hear it from me though. Haven't tried them in 65.2a. The version I did this all with wasn't red and blue, it was just protonian tech if that helps you.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:51:07 AM by HeartofDiscord »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 17, 2015, 11:51:37 AM »

On topic, that's a pretty neat new ship, though... yeah, two small slots (universal I'm guessing?) is kinda light armament.

Also, with the removal of ammo limits from vanilla ballistics, what are you planning on doing with templar ballistics?  Removal of ammo limits, or regenerating ammo, or just leave them as is?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2015, 12:40:18 PM »

"the Martyr's exploding husk is hurled towards hostile vessels during this detonation sequence."

Oh god.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2015, 12:51:39 PM »

"the Martyr's exploding husk is hurled towards hostile vessels during this detonation sequence."

Oh god.

A ship sized projectile? Oh yes, this thing screams Templars from the top of its lungs. Im surprised it wasnt included earlier.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »

Soooo, No dice then?
Theres not really a way to do that. It would require all the assets of Templars, so basically the whole mod, short the campaign integration and missions.

That'd do. The whole mod then, just without that stuff :P
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2015, 02:08:49 PM »

Soooo, No dice then?

That'd do. The whole mod then, just without that stuff :P
The effort wouldn't be worth the "gain," unless you want to do it yourself. Otherwise just be patient for the updated version or go back to 65.1a if you're having horrible withdrawals.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71