Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626874 times)

Archang31

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] The Knights Templar v0.9.3f
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »

(new to forums and it probably shows) just tried the 9.3f update but all it does is crash my game often giving me a java se binary code error. ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. what should i do? also, i know enough about code to get to a specific folder and line, but anything really fancy and i wont be able to do anything about it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2014, 02:07:46 PM »

Have you tried redownloading 0.9.3f?  Sounds like you could have a corrupted jar file.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »

You may also want to double-check that you've got (and are using) the utility mods this one depends on.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Archang31

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:28 PM »

I've redownloaded 9.3f twice and i have the most recent versions of lazylib and shaderlib. It seems always leads to a java se binary error thing. (yes, thing). the same error occurs with starsector 2.3+ (which i am not running at the same time as this one) and recently the imperium and citadel mods. maybe its something with my game?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2014, 04:11:50 PM »

I've redownloaded 9.3f twice and i have the most recent versions of lazylib and shaderlib. It seems always leads to a java se binary error thing. (yes, thing). the same error occurs with starsector 2.3+ (which i am not running at the same time as this one) and recently the imperium and citadel mods. maybe its something with my game?
Why don't you post your log here then?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »

You don't have the most recent version of shaderlib, then.  If your version still says 1.01, it's old.

Archang31

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2014, 05:47:36 AM »

I have no clue what you mean by log. If its anything to do with code, as i see when people have a problem, then I'll need a bit of instruction ??? and I do have ShaderLib v1.02. (The log thing is probably a start.)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »

I have no clue what you mean by log. If its anything to do with code, as i see when people have a problem, then I'll need a bit of instruction ??? and I do have ShaderLib v1.02. (The log thing is probably a start.)

starsector.log in the starsector-core folder.  Paste the bottom chunk of it when you have a crash.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2014, 11:11:20 AM »

Currently having fun trying to get reputation up with the Templar without (permanently) crashing my reputation with anyone else.  It's a bit tricky (and I had to do some save-scumming just to figure out the rules for how reputation from crusades worked), but makes a good endgame goal.

The trick is that you need to keep your reputation high enough that the penalty from the crusade doesn't push you over -75 (and thank goodness it doesn't penalize your reputation with pirates!), which generally means spending the second half of each crusade hunting bounties instead of continuing to kill stuff in the crusaded system.  Which, in turn, makes it even slower to get rep with the Templar, but so be it.  (Slower once because you aren't spending the whole crusade duration contributing; slower twice because you have to wait for crusades to hit systems where you'll be able to get rep back in time; the Hegemony works well, because they've got presence in enough other systems that there are almost always bounties available; something like the Sindrian Diktat I'd just leave alone and let the crusade go off without my help.)

...Of course, once I have that Templar reputation, I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff and then turn on them.  But it's probably still easier than capturing their ships; either I got really bad luck, or they just always explode now.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »

Once you get up to suspicious or neutral, you can gain rep by killing the massive fleet the church sends to Antioch every now and then (as long as it is in Antioch), in the next update.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »

Sounds like fun!  ...Hopefully that fleet will have an interesting mix of ships with advanced variants that make use of skill-increased ordnance point limits; the default Conquest, for one example among many, is significantly less threatening than it should be.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2014, 03:11:12 PM »

In SS+, it's a 10/10/10 400-FP death ball.  I don't think you'll have to worry about difficulty.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »

Ah; I've actually stopped using SS+ - there are a few balance decisions it's made that I'm not really interested in playing with.  Been running with just shadowyards + templar.

Spenz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »

In SS+, it's a 10/10/10 400-FP death ball.  I don't think you'll have to worry about difficulty.

oooooh I'm interested!  Once you grind the rep and get yourself an archbishop/4+ wings of templar fighters, or a Paladin, there really isn't much that can challenge you.  The default fleets are often too weak, and sustained operations to make them stronger by wiping them out are exceptionally difficult due to the large logistics footprint that Templar ships have, so you never really get the opportunity to fight fleets of sufficient strength.  Plus I like the idea of at least one of the major factions trying to take the fight to the Templar.  Right now it seems everyone just lies down and takes it up the exhaust nozzle.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2014, 04:50:15 PM »

oooooh I'm interested!  Once you grind the rep and get yourself an archbishop/4+ wings of templar fighters, or a Paladin, there really isn't much that can challenge you.  The default fleets are often too weak, and sustained operations to make them stronger by wiping them out are exceptionally difficult due to the large logistics footprint that Templar ships have, so you never really get the opportunity to fight fleets of sufficient strength.  Plus I like the idea of at least one of the major factions trying to take the fight to the Templar.  Right now it seems everyone just lies down and takes it up the exhaust nozzle.

There may be some other, even more powerful or esoteric (and completely player-inaccessible) ships/factions coming out in the future.  I know of two separate mods like that, which are in the works.

Ah; I've actually stopped using SS+ - there are a few balance decisions it's made that I'm not really interested in playing with.  Been running with just shadowyards + templar.

Which parts are you referring to?  If something I did is unpopular I'll add a setting for it so you can disable/adjust it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71