Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 627074 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Knights Templar v0.9
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »

Interesting how templars are weaker to some rarer niche weapons.

Fragmentation weapons - as far as i understand templars absorb any damage at same rate, and these have best raw dps/efficiency.
Beams - any hit is hard flux so their main weakness is negated. Also can't be reflected.

On the other hand Kinetics are quite useless. Maybe even too much so.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »

I have to ask, how am I supposed to use the right click system properly? Half the time I end up overloading
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »

You'll get a feel for it.

While the Priwen Burst is charging, you are invulnerable. This means you can use it as a split-second phase cloak at low flux, and also "pump up" your flux level on demand. The chargeup time and blast strength both depend on your flux level upon using the system. The system also builds flux when you use it, meaning you will indeed overload if you use it at very high flux.

The blast gets stronger in every way (area of effect, damage, knockback) the more flux you have when you cast it. The idea at high flux is to use it at near-max flux, so you get max power and get to vent or retreat after everyone gets crippled by the massive EMP, knockback and damage.

Generally you'll be safe if you don't use Priwen over 80% flux, but the "sweetspot" right before you overload is very rewarding...

Importantly, your Lattice Shield is disabled for a while after using Priwen Burst, depending on how strong the blast was. This makes it important to disable as many enemies as possible. Of course, if you're already at super high flux, your shields won't be online anyway, so you might as well just gun for it.

Managing Priwen usage is much the same as managing your shield on a standard ship, but it's a lot more aggressive in nature. When flying a Templar ship, your overwhelming power is the best defense.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:02:21 AM by Cycerin »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »

Fragmentation weapons - as far as i understand templars absorb any damage at same rate, and these have best raw dps/efficiency.
Beams - any hit is hard flux so their main weakness is negated. Also can't be reflected.

Their shield does in fact respect weapon types but to a less dramatic degree.  Frag damage is indeed around 25% on them, but approaches 100% when they have no armor.  HE is more like 67%, but drops to 33% when the armor is stripped off.  Kinetic does closer to 150% and approaches 300% when the armor is gone.  Beams do hard flux damage to them, that is true.

In other words, kinetic damage is one of the best types to use for popping shields, and is capable of chipping their health to death when their armor is gone, as well.  High explosive is basically useless unless their shields are down, but is the best way to strip off their armor.  Fragmentation damage is devastating on stripped Templar ships, but is not very good if they're at full.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:11:22 AM by Dark.Revenant »

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »

Their shield does in fact respect weapon types but to a less dramatic degree.  Frag damage is indeed around 25% on them, but approaches 100% when they have no armor.  HE is more like 67%, but drops to 33% when the armor is stripped off.  Kinetic does closer to 150% and approaches 300% when the armor is gone.  Beams do hard flux damage to them, that is true.

In other words, kinetic damage is one of the best types to use for popping shields, and is capable of chipping their health to death when their armor is gone, as well.  High explosive is basically useless unless their shields are down, but is the best way to strip off their armor.  Fragmentation damage is devastating on stripped Templar ships, but is not very good if they're at full.

Oh, i see. That's why fragmentation based designs were only manageable (but not really impressive) against Templars in practice...

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »

Just for fun, the Priwen Burst in the Simulator vs. a load of fighters / bombers ...

Spoiler

This is incredible work, by the way chaps. The quality of all the aspects of the mod are phenomenal.

Is the holy charge suppose to fix your course ... I seem to be able to retain the ability to manoeuvre? (Note on the side says 'Jets disabled', which suggests I should have to go straight ?)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2014, 01:00:13 PM »

I just spent a few hours playing the missions. Looks like I've been playing Templar ships all wrong by staying under %25 flux all the time and rarely using the Priwen Burst. That's a really cool offence/defense dynamic. You guys did a great job with this faction. I love the crazy weapons and the alternate play style created by the crazy hullmods and ship systems. Looking forward to that dreadnought  :)

I think the difficulty of the missions might need some adjustment. I beat Smite and Excommunication on the first try, and got a %98 on At All Costs on the third try. Still haven't managed to beat Massacre though.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »

Well I seem to be the ever unlucky bastard 'cause my fps stop existing the moment I fire their medium red laser weapon and the problem persists even in the main menu.
I made sure I have all the latest versions of the required mods (basic shaderlib version).

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »

Well I seem to be the ever unlucky bastard 'cause my fps stop existing the moment I fire their medium red laser weapon and the problem persists even in the main menu.
I made sure I have all the latest versions of the required mods (basic shaderlib version).

templarShaders.json in Templars\data\config.  Set enableFlares to false.  If their shields also give you framerate problems, set enableShieldOverlay to false as well.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »

Thanks a lot guys. ;D

Just for fun, the Priwen Burst in the Simulator vs. a load of fighters / bombers ...

Spoiler

This is incredible work, by the way chaps. The quality of all the aspects of the mod are phenomenal.

Is the holy charge suppose to fix your course ... I seem to be able to retain the ability to manoeuvre? (Note on the side says 'Jets disabled', which suggests I should have to go straight ?)

Hell yes, nice use of the Crusader.

The Holy Charge tooltip is an oversight, being able to maneuver freely is intended.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »

Sadly doing either of those things causes an instant null. Whatever, they would have crushed me anyway.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »

Sadly doing either of those things causes an instant null. Whatever, they would have crushed me anyway.

That's a bug.  It'll be fixed later today.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.6.2a] The Knights Templar v0.9.1
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:42 PM »

Small service update...

http://youtu.be/or9yA7gIK2k

Download The Knights Templar 0.9.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 1.9b) (Updated!)
(Requires ShaderLib Alpha v1.7) (Updated!)
(Requires Starsector+ 1.10.1 (Updated!) or soon to be included in Uomoz's Sector 1.4 Dev)

We also recommend Version Checker 1.1b to notify you when an update is ready.

Note: This mod uses custom shader effects.  If you suffer performance issues, adjust or disable these effects in Templars/data/config/templarShaders.json

Change Log
Version 0.9.1 (August 31, 2014):
- Mission balance adjusted
- Fleets no longer have an absurd repair chance
- Fleets repair much more quickly; you won't find a Templar fleet below 50% repair anymore
- Fixed crash when disabling shaders
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:06:39 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Knights Templar v0.9.1
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2014, 12:37:20 AM »

Everything works like a charm now but I have a question:

The shields don't block all the damage, is it intended?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.6.2a] The Knights Templar v0.9.1
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2014, 01:05:21 AM »

Everything works like a charm now but I have a question:

The shields don't block all the damage, is it intended?

Yes.  At higher flux the damage bleed through is worse.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71