Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: energy weapons  (Read 2616 times)

conithwolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
energy weapons
« on: June 23, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »

ok first thing i have owned this game for a long time i swayed from it because i found that my prefrance in weapons in game was very limited and most times i could only buy nutrino corps ships or a modds ships now i am coming back to the game too see the changes and am wondering if there r and good mods out there that have good shields and a nice energy weapons array on the ships and is well balanced with any other faction modds im just looking for a good time in game with a good and proper balance if anyone has any suggestions would be much appreciated and very helpfull   

Sathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: energy weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:43:23 AM »

You ask for balanced mod yet you clearly prefer one with most broken faction.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:53:16 AM »

To be fair, neutrino's weapons are fairly balanced. The faction is OP because the ships have extremely strong shields, high armor and  fast flux venting. Scratching one of these should make them pretty close to vanilla balance in my opinion. And maybe a less cheap CR deployement cost.

Now if you want a faction up to date, finished and balanced, i'd say Shadowyard is the One.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »

I agree with Tartiflette, Shawowyards is a good high-tech faction that has good shields and plentiful energy weapons.

If you can try to get the the Purifier faction to work, they have extremely strong shields and all energy weapons.

Some self promotion: Citadel ships have a large amount of Ordinance Points that allow you to install large hullmods like Hardended Shields. The increased shield efficency basically makes them Hi-Tech ships, and you can outfit nearly any weapon type in their plentiful universal mounts. Hypermatter storm FTW!

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 01:39:25 AM »

To be fair, neutrino's weapons are fairly balanced. The faction is OP because the ships have extremely strong shields, high armor and  fast flux venting. Scratching one of these should make them pretty close to vanilla balance in my opinion. And maybe a less cheap CR deployement cost.

Now if you want a faction up to date, finished and balanced, i'd say Shadowyard is the One.

Dont forget Blackrock its pretty balanced as well. Slightly better than Vanilla I think though.

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »

Dont forget Blackrock its pretty balanced as well. Slightly better than Vanilla I think though.
They are only better in the hands of the player. In the hands of the AI I'd actually say Blackrock ships are weaker.