Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why aren't my fleets engaging?  (Read 4892 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Why aren't my fleets engaging?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »

Just FYI:  I really don't think they're doing circle-circle checks right, or the circle is a lot smaller than it appears. 

I've got it all functional at this point, but I very frequently see AI fleets all sitting on top of each other, trying to engage.  Yet sometimes I'll see what looks like circle-circle happen.  Perhaps the frequency of that check needs to be higher?
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »

They're subject to the same "no engagements for a few seconds after a fight" rule as the player, that's probably what you're seeing.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »

I'm seeing it happen when they're in initial chase mode; a few fleets will get into a dog-pile where they're all on top of each other for a little while, sometimes as often as 10 seconds or more.  Eventually, they get into the engagements, but it's definitely eventually sometimes.  I can screenshot it if you want :)

On the "no engagements after blah"... if that's a rule that's happening via BattleAutoresolverPlugin, then it shouldn't be happening, as that's custom... I suppose it could be a bug there, though.  Will check that over and make sure I haven't done something silly that's preventing fights from resolving.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 [2]