Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SSWE - StarSector Weapon Editor 0.0.2  (Read 2456 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
SSWE - StarSector Weapon Editor 0.0.2
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »

SSWE (StarSector Weapon Editor)

This is a tool i've been working on during these few days that makes weapon creation more organised and easy. Note that this is a very early version, this means there's quite alot of improvements that can be made on the next versions but since it already works, i'm releasing now.

For those who try it keep in mind that so far theres two problems when importing *.wpn files (are json files in reality).

The serializer that reads these json files does not accept:
  • 1)  # characters and the following comment text, example:
    # this id must match what's in the spreadsheet
  • 2) enums, meaning any text (non numbers) that has no "" at the start and end of the word, example:
    "renderHints":[RENDER_BARREL_BELOW,RENDER_LOADED_MISSILES],
    or
    "textureType":ROUGH,

All weapon files that you try reading (with one or both of these problems) will result in a error telling you what cause it.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:50:54 PM by silentstormpt »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: SSWE - StarSector Weapon Editor 0.0.2
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »

I'm really interested in this tool, especially if it has a visual workflow, but it definitely needs to handle both cases; I use comment lines liberally and most of the JSON is using Vanilla conventions for brackets and quotes :)

[EDIT]Tried it, and it's not compiled for 32-bit.  That's kind of a show-stopper for those of us on XP and may cause issues for Linux users on WINE :)[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:24:29 PM by xenoargh »
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:55:36 AM »

I'm really interested in this tool, especially if it has a visual workflow, but it definitely needs to handle both cases; I use comment lines liberally and most of the JSON is using Vanilla conventions for brackets and quotes :)

This version is quite limited, it will read jsons, create and "save" them (they look quite nice after you save them), once the reader loses these "limitations" (tho, pure JSONs don't support # comments and dont accept enums).

It will however make any jsons into "pure"/"vanilla" json files, readable by any lib currently on the web.

As for a visual workflow, it will happen, just need to figure out how do i make it as easy and appealing possible.

[EDIT]Tried it, and it's not compiled for 32-bit.  That's kind of a show-stopper for those of us on XP and may cause issues for Linux users on WINE :)[/EDIT]

Strange, i did build it to support both CPU architecture, are you sure all/latest the Microsoft Framework are installed on the XP;

As for Linux, its completely outside my know-how, ill google search for "how-to make c# window forms compatible with Linux" but i cant promise results.

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 02:29:08 AM »

Nice, i will test it out and tell you what i think and find, also if its not much to ask could you do a tutorial on how to use it.
Also let me know if i can help you with something.