Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Neutral Ship(s) Bugs  (Read 1609 times)

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Neutral Ship(s) Bugs
« on: May 30, 2014, 10:15:36 PM »

I spawned a Neutral faction ship (owner = 100) or 10. Why? Because

A couple of bugs I've found so far:
-Autofire AI on allied/enemy ships don't respond to them
- When I kill a Neutral ship

843242 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.reportShipDisabled(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.A.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.???000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please Alex? Can we spawn and use ships from multiple factions? Or in missions multiple owners?

Maybe even 4 way fights would be great? I suppose in missions you'd need to set the faction/owner friend/foe...and you'd need to update the autofire AI to account...so I'm fairly sure it isn't trivial on your end.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:18:56 PM by Alex »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Neutral Ship(s) Bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:18:40 PM »

Like you say, there's a lot of stuff involved in making something like that actually work. I don't see doing it w/o vanilla needing something like that, not in the least because it'd be almost impossible to test well.

Also, you got a PM.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Neutral Ship(s) Bugs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »

I think the AI part would be straightforward; that's just an int check (if not 100 and not my owner, do blah, otherwise do foo). 

I can probably add that into my AIs pretty quickly and I don't think it'd require a lot of testing- the way I have it working now, I could almost certainly do it via a simplistic filtering system and those objects would never even get evaluated by stuff like auto-fire AIs.  Same with dealing with neutral "space junk"; just spawn it and switch owners and give it a null AI, problem solved.

I'll probably go ahead and support that behavior, for people wanting to get that adventurous, as it's something I'm already messing with, however crudely; my current stuff with it is pretty kludgerific but it's functional :)

It'd be nice if the Mission post-battle stuff was exposed; that would make a lot of these kinds of mini-projects easier for newbies or people just wanting to screw around with game design stuff without having to deal with campaign issues... but tbh, if you want to do this kind of thing, Debido, you can implement it fully (including custom scoring and all that stuff) in the Campaign; all the functionality you need is already exposed there through the Dialog API :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack