Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] EVE Mod  (Read 83705 times)

MiniChiken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] EVE Mod
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2016, 07:01:07 AM »

Hey Celest, how's it coming along?

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2016, 08:39:15 AM »

Weekly digest, heh)
I fixed the issue with fleet creation and finally managed to launch campaign. Unfortunately that wasn't enough. Though the game is relatively playable, there are severe economic issues.
I can't find almost any supplies. All markets have somewhat 50 supplies in black market, but none are available through open. Food is poorly distributed, resulting in frequent shortages, and it can cost 400 on producing planet with a stockpile of several thousand units.
But the main is still the lack of supplies: the game is a huge pain currently. I added plenty of supply-producing market conditions like autofacs and shipbreaking centers, but that doesn't work.
Any ideas?

MiniChiken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2016, 12:21:05 PM »

Weekly digest, heh)
I fixed the issue with fleet creation and finally managed to launch campaign. Unfortunately that wasn't enough. Though the game is relatively playable, there are severe economic issues.
I can't find almost any supplies. All markets have somewhat 50 supplies in black market, but none are available through open. Food is poorly distributed, resulting in frequent shortages, and it can cost 400 on producing planet with a stockpile of several thousand units.
But the main is still the lack of supplies: the game is a huge pain currently. I added plenty of supply-producing market conditions like autofacs and shipbreaking centers, but that doesn't work.
Any ideas?

Just taking a guess here, but where do you call out the values for market conditions?

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2016, 12:36:40 PM »

Through script. Things are rather straightforward there and all conditions are correct in game. But everything is very unbalanced for some reason.

MiniChiken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2016, 03:31:10 AM »

Another modder ran into a similar issue, i'll link his name below. I sent him a message on this forum to try and get him to weigh in and see if we can get this resolved.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3890

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »

Another modder ran into a similar issue, i'll link his name below. I sent him a message on this forum to try and get him to weigh in and see if we can get this resolved.

Great, thanks! Hope he has figured out something

MiniChiken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2016, 09:58:53 AM »

Great, thanks! Hope he has figured out something

His post makes it seem like he did. Still waiting on a response.

MiniChiken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2016, 05:51:38 AM »

Still no word back from him. Any luck on your side?

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2016, 06:15:01 AM »

Hello,

Sorry the late response.

Yes, the main factors that I've found are the market sizes given by the population size and the number of production facilities present on the planet. Some facilities simply create resources out of nothing from what I've seen. Other require raw materials, though how its working at the moment in the game I think some of these are created regardless of the raw material available.

Some market conditions have a huge impact on the market, like the Trade Center, Headquarters, Shipbreaking Yard and a few more.

You need to tweak the market conditions of your planets until you get the desired prices really... I'm sure there is probably a more efficient way of doing this but I took the empirical approach and tweaked the planets until I was satisfied with the prices.
I suggest you do this without any mods, at first, and after you've hit the your target prices/material availability add mods one by one and check the market prices.
If they go nuts again, adjust the conditions accordingly. You can even take it a step farther by checking what mods are available and generating the market conditions based on the active mods (though I've not tested this approach yet I'm sure its doable  ;D).
At one point I ran into a snag and the market stabilization was taking forever with after I had activated a lot of mods and SS+, but I don't quite remember how I fixed though (or if i did fix it lol).

Here is a nice Infographic that helped me when I tried tweaking the market.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8493.0

My market is by no means perfect now, but at least supplies don't cost 1000 credits per unit now.
At any rate I hope this helps.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:40:44 AM by DefiasOne »

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

any news?
also bump

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2016, 07:31:14 AM »

No real news here... Still crazy prices for everything everywhere. Since we have no real solution, fixing involves just trying and trying and trying again, as @DefiasOne proposed. And that takes a lot of time that I rarely can afford, so this progresses very slowly.

Altiarxsaint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2017, 10:23:30 PM »

I don't suppose this mod is going to receive an update any time soon, is it?

gofastskatkat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »

I don't suppose this mod is going to receive an update any time soon, is it?

1st thing, Holy necro batman. 2nd Judging by the fact that the last comment besides yours was made in march of last year, no, no I dont think theres gonna be an update anytime soon

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2017, 06:51:25 PM »

With 0.8 being so vastly different than 0.7.2, I do not think it would be worth to upgrade a mod right now, especially if it gives them headaches. It is much better to wait for the new release, while they are resting.

PS: It is so hard in here to not necro mod threads.. when there are so many juicy mods in the past..
Ignorance is bliss..

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »

any chance to update this mod to 0.8?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8