Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] EVE Mod  (Read 84043 times)

ssthehunter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] EVE Mod
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »

Whoo, an update :D
I'll post any issues I find in here.

HighAsASlothPie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »

Noticed an issue with the expanded cargoholds hullmod, it adds +40 cargo not the +40% stated and I'm unsure if the capacitor power relay works either, is it active or passive flux vent bonus?

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 07:09:11 AM »

HighAsASlothPie, thanks for reporting, I'll fix the cargo bonus. As for cap power relay it affects only active vent rate.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 09:26:56 AM »

Hello Celestis, I can't wait to try your mod! I will be a bit torn between vanilla + mods and your total conversion, but I love EVE, and will be sure to give this a try and lend my feed back! Thanks for your hard work!

Also, question: Does anyone know where the save files are? I want to be able to swap them in and out so I can play both modded vanilla and this total conversion. Thanks!

My feedback so far:

I feel like the illegal commodities of each faction does not quite make sense. For example, if anyone were to ban hand weapons, I would assume it would be the corporate feudal Caldari.

I am confused about why all weapons deal energy damage. Oh, they don't, it's just the ballistic guns you start with as a bounty hunter on the Slasher are energy weapons.

It seems like many missile systems generate 1 point of flux each, which is just odd if you ask me. It mine as well be zero if it's just 1 point =P

I like the physics of the missiles, they feel like a good weight for their size/fire rate.

Small ships seem to slip and slide very fast compared to vanilla frigates, but I am not yet sure if that's a good thing or bad thing (IMO).

I can appreciate that many ballistic weapons get very poor accuracy over time, but some weapon placements seem odd to me, such as the rear missile mount on the Stabber which does not pivot.

Personally, so far, I think that light missile systems carry too much ammo. It makes ammo expanding mods and skills pointless.

Some systems are producing wild amounts of commodities, and with flat price increases from trade interference, it's easy to make a lot of money when core worlds are selling food and such for like, 3 or 5 credits a piece, and event-locations are buying for 100+.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:19:46 PM by TartarusMkII »

HighAsASlothPie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »

HighAsASlothPie, thanks for reporting, I'll fix the cargo bonus. As for cap power relay it affects only active vent rate.

Gotcha, thanks for that and as far as the mod goes I'm really loving it. Looking forward to all the bugfixes :P

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 04:46:01 AM »

The Wrecker hull has the built in weapons in the wrong slots. The two built ins are in slot 3 and 4 (the turrets). The variant has them in the right slots, but them being wrong in the hull file bugs things out and makes it impossible to add guns to the turret slots.

Leith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »

Hello, guys! This is my first post on this site and this should tell you something! I really like the mod. Been playing for several hours now, restarting, figuring out the new system and whatnot. I have a question: how do I increase/decrease the global fuel consumption ? Thank you for reading this!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:53:02 PM by Leith »

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »

Thanks for your feedback. I uploaded a new version with some updates.
About the issues:
HighAsASlothPie
Noticed an issue with the expanded cargoholds hullmod, it adds +40 cargo not the +40% stated
- Fixed, also reduced the cargo bonus to 25%

TartarusMkII
I feel like the illegal commodities of each faction does not quite make sense. For example, if anyone were to ban hand weapons, I would assume it would be the corporate feudal Caldari.
Well, maybe you're right. Made that all empires except Minmatar now ban hand weapons.
I am confused about why all weapons deal energy damage.
Most weapons are assumed to be versatile, so they deal energy dmg. But all artillery cannons deal HE, beam lasers are E/K and missiles have pretty much any damage type to choose from.
It seems like many missile systems generate 1 point of flux each, which is just odd if you ask me. It mine as well be zero if it's just 1 point =P
This is needed to prevent zero flux speed boost while shooting. It would be too cheaty if you could do so.
rear missile mount on the Stabber
Try Heavy Assault Launcher on the rear slot and you will love it.
a) rear slot provides cover if you go retreating
b) trajectory of the missiles will be less "straight", giving you the chance to pass enemy front shields (something like heatseekers)
Personally, so far, I think that light missile systems carry too much ammo.
Totally agree. Reduced the ammo capacity for almost all weapons, not only missiles.
Some systems are producing wild amounts of commodities, and with flat price increases from trade interference, it's easy to make a lot of money when core worlds are selling food and such for like, 3 or 5 credits a piece, and event-locations are buying for 100+.
This is sad, but unfortunately there is little I can do about it - this is the way default economy scripts work and it is too difficult to modify it. There are a lot of bugs in vanilla about such stuff, so I suppose we should just wait for the economy system to become more mature...
Paul
The Wrecker hull has the built in weapons in the wrong slots.
Fixed, thanks for noticing.
Leith
how do I increase/decrease the global fuel consumption
Don't quite understand the question) Each ship ahs the rate of fuel consumption, you can see it on info popup. Just choose the ships with appropriate rate. In this mod the SOE factions ships tend to have the best rate.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 11:11:33 AM »

Thanks a lot for the response, Celestis! I am glad I could help.

As for some things like the rear missile turret, I agree that I just needed a little more time with the mod to get a grasp of it.

However, with the commodities, I am not so sure it has to do with vanilla bugs. Not knockin' on your skills of course; but I feel like it is not really the prices that are the problem, but the amount of the commodity. Some core worlds have 25,000+ units of food, and I notice that for example Pator III has the Organics Mining Complex trait, which in vanilla would simply mark this market as creating this resource. But for some reason Pator III has a stock pile of 2595 Organics. It's still a lot less than the 24,999 food it carries, but still a lot more than vanilla.

I am not a coder, so excuse my silliness, but I have read about people getting helped with market issues in other threads- If you haven't already, try asking in one of the child forums to have someone check it out. 'Yer mod is the only that I've seen to have this issue!

I will continue my play through of your mod and continue to give you feed back! Thanks for giving it to me to play with!

EDIT: Is anyone else having this issue with the market? I am wondering if it was actually induced by my use of Lazy's console mod. I had only given myself money, but I wonder if something had happened. Please us know.

Feed back for this version: ( Some are relevant even for the last version ;p ) (Also making sure to note that I am starting a new game after this update.)

You may want to try adding some of the music from EVE into the game. I don't know how to do that, but Kazi of the Mayorate should.

The trader starts with a Sigil indy ship, the bounty hunter a Slasher frigate, but the smuggler starts with a reaper rookie ship? XP

I still cannot figure out how to access anomalies. : Okay, I finally found a ship with the recon hull mod. The anoms look cool so far, and I am enjoying exploring them. I know this is rather specific, but as far as I can tell, I think it'd be great to be limited in your profession by cost, rather than by the availability of ships. But that's you know... market-issues allowing..

Choosing to take high tech weaponry as a bounty hunter gives you a heavy pulse laser, but unlike the equivalent in vanilla, no ship you start with can fit it.

Personally I feel that it's strange that there is not many people to fight (for bounties). I can prey on independent fleets just fine, but it seems almost cheap to do so because they don't really own many stations to care about. I know it does not make sense for EVE's lore, but I'd love for you to consider making systems where Factional Warfare would take place.

I feel like the range of some weapons like ballistics are very short, even if their poor accuracy is justified. I'm still playing around with it though to see what I think. I just wonder if it'd feel better to have weapons like auto cannons fire off tight bursts of shots like they would in EVE, relying on target leading to properly hit, rather than a spray of bullets. But again, not so sure yet. I DO like missiles though.

Also, about the missiles' flux usage I was actually implying that they should use more than zero flux. For example you have made a hull mod for the cap power relay, which increases the vent rate at the expense of shield size. But when do you ever have to vent? Not many weapons generate an appreciable amount of flux so far that I have seen. Also, again I don't know how, but it is possible to make hull abilities (like the webifier) cost flux to use, such as the vanilla phase skimmer ability. If you already use that, I apologize for not noticing! Also it seems like, taking the Slasher as an example, its 3 150mm auto cannons each generate 10 flux per second, but its base dissipation rate is a whopping 300.

I am thinking this is not a vanilla issue: your fringe gates and core gates are swapped in their size. In this mod, the fringe gates are larger in size than the core ones.

It is hard to tell when you can use a Stasis Web and what its target will be. If you use it not in the range of a target, it becomes used and goes on cool down regardless.

I like that the jammer on EWAR frigates can disable all of the weapons on an enemy ship (with similar targeting issues as the webifier), but I don't like that it lasts for a very small time and has a long cool down. I just don't find it to be so useful.

I may have found the root of your eco problem. In vanilla, most planets and stations are one in the same. If you go to a planet, you will access the same market as the station that orbits it, and vice versa. I notice that this is not the case in your mod, and I wonder if having two markets so close together is causing odd trade? And I notice some planets are actually not like this, such as Villore I and the Senate Bureau.

Similar to EVE in actuality, wielding destroyers feels awesome!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:49:14 PM by TartarusMkII »

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 05:46:11 AM »

Actually current economy stuff is not related to coding: you just specify what a market produces and demands. I played around with this for some time and made it "acceptable", but I know that the issues still exist (when I first launched the mod after adapting to new vanilla release things were MUCH worse). I'll try to figure out the problem.
Good idea about the music, I didn't think about that. Must be because I always switch it off :D
About the smuggler... I don't quite know what ship would be appropriate for this career start. Sigil like the trader? Well, then there's no sense of another branch. Maybe it will be better to give 2 small crafts (not really suitable for battle), so the fleet is "sneaky" enough?
Glad you found a way to use anomalies, probably I should add more hints for the access. You can use one of these recon ships:

Anomalies are the brand-new feature which is not yet well established in the mod. I didn't add very much for them to see if the players like it. Since you do, I will definitely think more about them for next releases, add more stuff, balance, etc...
Choosing to take high tech weaponry as a bounty hunter gives you a heavy pulse laser, but unlike the equivalent in vanilla, no ship you start with can fit it.
Well, yeah... But I didn't manage to think of a better idea: currently there are not many weapons out here, so they are almost equal (within same size group). If I add something bigger then it will still be useless until you get a cruiser. And I don't have anything better for the starting Slasher than already mounted autocannons (artillery is crap for a early-game flagship). Probably I'll add more stuff next time and this will cahnge.
Personally I feel that it's strange that there is not many people to fight (for bounties).
Had the same issue while testing, but couldn't find a fast way to fix it. This is mainly because all factions place bounties, but there are only a few friendly. I mean, if Angel Cartel places bounty for Sansha ships, you will never get it since you are hostile to Cartel... As for factional warfare, I hesitate bringing in more star systems until I fix the economy - that can ruin it even more.
Talking about weapons flux use: it was designed that ballistics (ACs and artillery) and missiles almost don't consume flux. Railguns eat a bit more. But the true flux monsters are lasers and blasters (Apocalypse with tachyons can't sustain fire even with lowered shields).

I am thinking this is not a vanilla issue: your fringe gates and core gates are swapped in their size. In this mod, the fringe gates are larger in size than the core ones.
Lol, no idea) I used the default autogeneration function for this, no customization...

I thought a lot about the EWAR systems and agree with the range problem you stated. Currently I don't know the way to fix it, but I proposed a suggestion that may help. I though to convert all those systems to special utility weapons (which have a range indicator btw): this will also allow you to choose the EWAR modules to mount. But for that I need the custom mount types, which currently don't exist (so that nothing can be mounted instead of utility weapons and that utility weapons can't be mounted in other slots). Maybe Alex will agree to add this later, we'll see.
As for jammer - it is a bit overpowered even now. Jamming frigates probably are okay, but try a Scorpion: it jamms 2 ships at a time with greater disable chance. It is really easy to fight with such support.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »

can't stop playing man! Best mod evah!  ;D

I hope you never give up!

# NBW-GD Trading post, Trade or hire personels (I) is bugged, When I click it game freezes 5 sec then crash to desktop.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:28:18 AM by tokmak333 »

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 09:46:57 AM »

Damn, I though I fixed that mysterious bug... It used to reproduce every time but I haven't seen it for a long period. I'll investigate this, just try to avoid this market for now.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »

Thanks again for the reply Celestis;

What is your thoughts on the markets so close together though, being separate for planets and the station that orbits them? Even in the mod as it is now, not all planets work that way anyhow. Some do share the market.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 09:03:05 AM »

I'll remove this "exotic" feature and test if the bugs remain. There was no specific need of that, just mixed things up a bit.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »

I apologize if my feedback came out too harsh, personally I'd think the idea would work cool too, but it's at least worth checking out, I think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8