Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Starsector Statistics Tool (*WIP*) 0.11  (Read 2985 times)

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Starsector Statistics Tool (*WIP*) 0.11
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:19:56 AM »

Starsector Statistics 0.11

Do you want to be able to have it so that missions do not end? That ships keep on respawning? Hate having to keep on playing a mission over and over and over and needing to keep interacting with the game menu to keep the missions going?

Eventually I'll add in console commands, and be able to ouput statistics etc. like it says on the tin. But for now, endless mission battles.

Enable the mod and play any mission.

*known bugs*
- Does not work with fighters/bombers

Features upcoming:
- Statistics output to log file
- Console commands using LazyLib for custom features, adding/removing ships from combat as needed.

I will probably also make templates for gauntlet missions and such, but that will be seperate.

Changelog
Spoiler
Version 0.1 - First version
Version 0.11 - Fixed the issue with enemies retreating, if an enemy attempts to retreat they will instead be ordered to attack at will
[close]

• I have been working on a version that connects to a database, allowing you to upload stats to a remote/local database.
  • Currently waiting for Alex to release 0.65 which includes the FighterWingAPI.isDestroyed()
  • I may look at including an UI element feedback in the game similar to a system implemented by Dark Revenant so you do not need to attach a debugger.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:58:48 AM by Debido »

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector Statistics Tool (*WIP*)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 02:34:29 AM »

Ooh, the stats part sounds really cool! It be great if there was like a campaign "stats sheet" with shots fired/accuracy/# deaths/credits earned/#kills per class/etc. I love stuff like that.  :D

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector Statistics Tool (*WIP*) 0.11
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:17:55 AM »

Fixed up the problem with enemies retreating. Not in the best way, but should be satisfactory.

Currently also working on a mission for shadow called stampede...which is literally a stampede. You guessed it, yes the enemies respawn.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »

Could it be made to where only one side respawns, while the other has a limited supply of ships? It could make for some sort of mission where you see how long you can survive, or how many enemy ships you can destroy before you get over-run.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »

Sure, mission scripts like that are in the works, however they will be a part of something else I guess. I could release a few templates/examples. From a user experience perspective I think it would be nice to be able to end the mission and tell the game who won. At the moment it defaults to saying the enemy won if we use our own game end method. If the player does kill all enemy ships though it should end normally though with player victory.

I'll primarily be making this mod for the purpose of gathering statistics though so you can run it on any mission. Currently there is some advantage to being able to run EveryFrameCombatPlugins as single classes spawned by the game engine rather than instantiated from a mission definition as you can do hot code replacement.

Otherwise it's just as easy to create a new mission definition and have a modified version of the script created from there with....whatever rules you like.

If you have some ideas for missions it would be best to write them down so templates of their type can be created.

I currently have a mission where for every enemy you kill 2 more are re spawned with a maximum respawn amount set, and there is also a quota of enemy ships you must destroy before the game ends. Anyway I'm thinking about wave based mission templates as well and I know a few other authors are working on scripted missions based off my template too.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »

It should give a Player win if the enemy is in Retreat :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »

It should give a Player win if the enemy is in Retreat :)

Ah, well that's one way to accomplish it I guess. I was thinking of killing all the enemy forces then telling it is game over, the other thing I can do I suppose is order a general retreat for the enemy fleet then end it, or let the player mop up. Sure that could work.