Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097576 times)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Scy V1.31 (03/06/2017)
« Reply #1035 on: June 03, 2017, 08:57:17 PM »

Curious thing, but I constantly see a huge independent salvage fleet OVER the overwatch station. Like literally over, while orbiting the planet - so much so it's actually hard at times to select the station itself.

It isn't gamebreaking in any way, but quite a strange curiosum. It happens with 1.31RC1.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Scy V1.31 (03/06/2017)
« Reply #1036 on: June 04, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »

Minor Issue?
When setting to regroup the Nosos wing usually turn gray immediately, making me have no idea what happened to them.
Faction hullmods are not selling at markets at correct rarity, making them only viable through random station loot.
Prism Free Port not selling any modspec at high end seller
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:13:35 PM by Sutopia »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Scy V1.31b (05/06/2017)
« Reply #1037 on: June 05, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »

Requires LazyWizard's LazyLib.

Small patch for Nexerelin.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 06, 2017, 12:01:25 PM »

Is Keto's shield set properly? When I play in SS+Arcade, I get to see this (and it applies to non-coloured ones too), while piloted Keto's shield appears to cover modules properly, but upon receiving reaper to the shield they go boom.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 06, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »

Is Keto's shield set properly? When I play in SS+Arcade, I get to see this (and it applies to non-coloured ones too), while piloted Keto's shield appears to cover modules properly, but upon receiving reaper to the shield they go boom.

Are you using the newest hotif for 8.1a? Because this was supposed to be fixed already, as I have reported this to Alex when this was happening to Khalkotauroi of mine:
Spoiler
I was loosing capacitor pods on it while taking atropos torpedoes on the shields.
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 06, 2017, 12:45:29 PM »

The fix I put in only works on shields projected from the base ship, not from modules. For ships projected from modules, it's more questionable whether the AoE from a shield hit should affect nearby modules or not... hmm.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 06, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »

The fix I put in only works on shields projected from the base ship, not from modules. For shields projected from modules, it's more questionable whether the AoE from a shield hit should affect nearby modules or not... hmm.
Bold added - I presume you meant shields there, not ships?

I'd say that in general, the AoE from a shield hit should not affect other modules.  I mean, sure, you could do some fancy calculations to see if a ray from the impact point to the nearby module (or several rays to that module's boundary vertices if you want to be -really- fancy) crosses the shield or not... but if you want just a simple yes/no, the way to go is to consider the failure modes.

If we say that AoE from a shield hit affects other modules, you can get the case where a second module that's entirely within the shields takes damage that it clearly shouldn't.  Kindof obvious, kindof a big deal - it renders such ships much less protected than they ought to be.

If we say that AoE from a shield hit does not affect other modules, you can get a case where an impact on a small shield (maybe a module that's just a single PD turret and a shield generator that covers only itself) doesn't spread to nearby modules.  Not so obvious to the player that there's anything odd going on, and the worst case scenario just makes the ship slightly more durable.

Edit: Alternatively, compare this to the single ship case.  Suppose I have a long thin vessel with front 180 shields, and someone fires a torpedo at me from behind; it misses the hull, but impacts on the back side of my shields - does my ship's hull take any damage in this case?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:40:25 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Peace_Destroyer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 07, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, but I have a question:
Spoiler
Whenever I go into Acheron for the first time, I get XP for discovering the "wreck of the Yggdrasil" which is nowhere to be found on my map. What should I be looking for?
[close]

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 07, 2017, 11:06:47 PM »

Spoiler
It should show up with an abandoned station icon for it in the map. It should be slightly larger than regular a. stations.
[close]
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 08, 2017, 02:27:13 AM »

Spoiler
I just begun playing on Iron mode (in Nex + DynaSector) with a small mercantile train. For some reason I got the Stymphalian bird as my only combat frigate. At first I was suspicious because I never used it much, especially later in big fleet battles.

But I gave it a try.

I gonna say. I killed a game few times when I failed, but I have learned how to use it. And hell. It's a one mean angel of death - that is if you can handle it. Def. needs some combat & tech skills to get it's full power out of it. But just woow, it's seriously a hell of a ride with it :o

Guess I'll have some fun with it for quite a while, as I edited some stuff to raise difficulity, like cut exp gains... Or raised the ship prices 5 times (so one civ salvage rig can cost 100k xD )
 - also as little console as possible (well, sorta had to if derelicts and remnants can hit ur rep cuz nex treats 'em as faction XD).
[close]

Absolutecero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 08, 2017, 08:12:11 AM »

Hey does the scy prism port sell ibbs that you complete because I have been having a hard time getting them to drop. I have also forced the market to update at the port to see if they sell them and I haven't seen any.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 08, 2017, 08:18:40 AM »

It should. The only difference with the Nexerelin version is the number of ships/weapons available.

Absolutecero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 08, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »

Hm well I haven't seen any maybe the chance to sell is really low because I haven't found any even after many market updates.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 14, 2017, 04:04:32 AM »

This is now my 4th attempt to make a proper post, 3 which I deleted/removed.

Spoiler
Now that I have put a lot more hours into observing the complexity of the mod so I could then turn two ships into super-ships to add to my personal collection and so I have a more fresh and calm mind now that I have separate super version of both Hydra and Alecto along with their own texture files where I managed to remove most of the diagonal stripes with only white colored stuff in the middle which looks rather neat actually, focused as hard as I could to keep pixels looking right as I needed it to look like as if the white paint on the sides was never there. Had to do it to feel independent in the game and give my eyes a bit more eye-candy as I prefer one-color-only and or two-color only paint schemes. For the life of me I just can't play the game without having a very easy way to vent off some anger or mild-to-serious frustration(s) in-game by having a doomsday starship to casually lay waste to fleets and give random already hostile factions a shock-and-awe exterminations. Aside from that there's also the mandatory need of mine to mod the favorite ships to be able to fly at burn 20 casually.
[close]

To put it shortly, I like this mod a lot as it seems to be a quality product with a lot of detail and care put into. I started to see the charm of the mod once I tried the original Lamia which allowed me to put my blue-color-hued Tri-tachyon-based super-weaponry on it to kill things faster. This mod made me think back a bit both modding-wise and gameplay-wise to allow small but new ideas to come to my mind, took a while to figure things out this time around as I had to make secondary personalized add-on mod folder where I set folder order like in the main mod to avoid getting crashes and errors upon launching the game.

I have still many ships to try from the mod as they all pretty much look and feel awesome, I've so far only tried ships that match the barbaric criteria of mine, ships I can use simply, fast and brutally in combat as I ain't much of a stealth type, once stealth fails and foes start coming at me I end up dumping the stealth in favor of brute-forced bloodbath mahyem.
I know a great mod when I end up spending time on making my own customizations on top to shape the game the way I feel most relaxed playing the game. Adding a personalized ship is in its own way a relaxing aspect to me. Usually I've added one ship at the time but this time went and tried adding three but succeeded by only adding two in at the same time. First try failed due to not knowing how complex the mod really is so I've yet to add a super Lamia but for now I'm just glad this mod exists and that I was able to make variations of the two other ships both great to fly and muck around the starmap with myself at the pilot's seat.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Scy V1.32 (15/06/2017)
« Reply #1049 on: June 14, 2017, 10:58:41 PM »

Requires LazyWizard's LazyLib.

Small patch in preparation for the 3rd Tournament

Changelog
Spoiler

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS

- All missile AIs reworked/optimized.
 - Area Scorcher no longer hits phased ships.
 - Prism Freeport:
   . No longer sells IBBs (sorry, I'm not a coder enough to maintain that and I can't really re-purpose Nexerelin's code either)
   . But it will use the Nexerelin's version of the high-end seller if that mod is active (that one do sells IBBs).
 - Mostly fixed the missions' ships and difficulty.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:17:26 PM by Tartiflette »

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 98