Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097629 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Scy V0.99c (05/03/2016)
« Reply #810 on: March 11, 2016, 12:18:33 AM »

That is a very good point, I hadn't really thought about it that way. I guess my response was a little bit too knee-jerk to a Capital ship with 9 burn. It does only have 110 op (with, yes, some built in systems) so it's definitely paying for the 9 burn with some stats.
I can understand the surprise though, and depending on the wing complement it can be a very nasty one. But if it's fleet was burn 9, you really encountered a bad roll. A fleet with a Keto should have a few cruisers, and several Scyan cruisers have a burn of 8. So you really met the fastest fleet configuration possible with Scyan ships.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 11, 2016, 03:39:10 AM »

You've inspired me, I'm gonna build a Keto fleet with a burn speed of 9 in Nexerlin for the hell of it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 14, 2016, 12:50:27 AM »

Pasted from SS+ the thread:
Oh damn it I always forget that EMP goes through shields now.

Now if you'll pardon me for a second I think I'm gonna need to crunch some numbers to compare the shields between them
Spoiler
Shield upkeep: 350 on Keto to 420 on Astal
Shield arc: 360 on Astral to 90 on Keto
Flux/damage: 0.6 on Astral to 1.9 on Keto
Flux capacity: 28600 on Keto to 12000 on Astral
Effective shield HP: 20000 on Astral to 15052 on Keto
[close]
I...I honestly expected the Keto to come out much better there. Doesn't help that the Keto will have ass for vent rate because of the insane amount of flux capacity. Help me out here guys the Keto is looking more and more unappealing even with the current 9 burn speed the more I compare it to the Astral. Twiglib makes it hard to compare armor and hull stats because of the ablative arms but I don't think they impact speed and I know they don't impact shields.
Yes the shield is worse, Scy usually is closer to mid-tech for their shield capacity. That's why I think the burn 8 Keto is slightly worse than the Astral, although I may nudge the efficiency up a bit. But the issue with the burn 9 was that it's a capital-ship that can match the speed of some frigates fleets given how ubiquitous the Brawler has become, and that shouldn't be a thing, ever.

As for the venting, don't forget that the Scyan Engineering hullmod gives a massive bonus to the vent rate! If you max out the flux vents on top of that it will be done in an instant.

Argonic82

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 15, 2016, 10:22:14 PM »

Hi, I'm having a bug that causes a crash whenever I fight Scy fleets, I'm not sure exactly what mod is causing it but I've only seen it when fighting Scy ships so I think that they have something to do with it. Anyway, here is the tail end of my log file:

Code
305308 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [SkeletonCrew.ogg]
305308 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [SkeletonCrew.ogg]
305732 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: db.twiglib.core.SubNode cannot be cast to db.twiglib.core.RootShipAPI
java.lang.ClassCastException: db.twiglib.core.SubNode cannot be cast to db.twiglib.core.RootShipAPI
at db.twiglib.TwigUtils.getChildNodesAsShips(TwigUtils.java:58)
at data.scripts.util.BRDYTwig.empTargetTwig(BRDYTwig.java:20)
at data.scripts.weapons.ScalaronPulseOnHit.onHit(ScalaronPulseOnHit.java:40)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.A.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:26 PM »

Not 100% sure, since I do not understand as much as the modders, but since it keeps mentioning it; Have you installed the latest Twiglib?
Ignorance is bliss..

Argonic82

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 16, 2016, 07:19:22 AM »

Not 100% sure, since I do not understand as much as the modders, but since it keeps mentioning it; Have you installed the latest Twiglib?

Yeah, I already checked that everything was up to date.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 16, 2016, 07:30:20 AM »

Oh, I would have though it was caused by either an up-to-date Scy with an outdated TwigLib or vice-versa. Well, I'll take a look tonight.

Argonic82

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 16, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »

Oh, I would have though it was caused by either an up-to-date Scy with an outdated TwigLib or vice-versa. Well, I'll take a look tonight.

Here is some more detail on the bug:

I first experienced it in a battle with some pirates who had a number of Scy ships, this was a one off occurrence of the bug because after I reloaded from my save I did not see that fleet again. The second and third time it happened was with the same Scy fleet. I had saved and there was a Scy strike fleet that was hostile to me passing by, I engaged it and when I fired on one of the ships with a Scalaron cannon mounted on my Nevermore I instantly got the crash. I reloaded and tried engaging the fleet again and the exact same thing happened, crash on a Scalaron shot hitting a Scy ship. Later on I encountered a Scy Hit fleet and had no choice but to engage, at this point I no longer had the Scalaron cannon equipped and I don't think any of the other ships in my fleet had one either, this time I did not get any crashes. So yeah, I think it might be something about the Scalaron and TwigLib not interacting properly.

Anyway, I hope the extra detail helps a bit. :)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 17, 2016, 01:20:10 AM »

So yeah, I think it might be something about the Scalaron and TwigLib not interacting properly.
Yup, that's an outdated TwigLib for sure. It work fine in my version and the lines index of the Log don't match.

Dudley Dickerson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Scy V0.99 Better ORION Artillery. (29/02/2016)
« Reply #819 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:56 AM »

So, I once declared that Scy 1.0 would be the release I updated all the sprites to a higher quality bar than the current one. (was it really two years ago already Oo?) And since I'm seriously running out of version numbers, I suppose I really have to get it done now. Problem is, I'm not sure what the extend of the change should be... I tried a lot of things and it mostly came down to this two contenders:

Spoiler
[close]

One rule though, don't ask for something "in-between" those two: it doesn't work at all as they have contradictory aspects and techniques, and it would take as much work as doing both of them so this is a big no-way.

So, which one do you guys prefer?

Definitely bashed in my opinion. I like my games to be aesthetically consistent so that the suspension of disbelief isn't broken. If there's some graphic sticking out from the rest, it's impossible not to notice.
Either way both look amazing. Can't wait.

Argonic82

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 17, 2016, 05:06:31 AM »

So yeah, I think it might be something about the Scalaron and TwigLib not interacting properly.
Yup, that's an outdated TwigLib for sure. It work fine in my version and the lines index of the Log don't match.

Are you sure? Is 6.10 not the latest version? Because that is what I have and it's the latest version I see in the TwigLib thread.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 17, 2016, 05:15:41 AM »

Are you sure? Is 6.10 not the latest version? Because that is what I have and it's the latest version I see in the TwigLib thread.
It is. Did you completely removed it the last time you updated your twiglib, or redownloading it again?

Argonic82

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 17, 2016, 05:43:19 AM »

It is. Did you completely removed it the last time you updated your twiglib, or redownloading it again?

It's all freshly installed, I've only been playing Starsector for a couple weeks and I started a new game with mods like a week ago so everything is fresh.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 17, 2016, 05:57:34 AM »

It's all freshly installed, I've only been playing Starsector for a couple weeks and I started a new game with mods like a week ago so everything is fresh.
Well, the last Twiglib update was 5 days ago... And it works for me, that strongly suggest you have something outdated. Anyway, that's an issue with Twiglib rather than Scy so maybe you should also poke Debido in his thread too?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 19, 2016, 02:07:44 AM »

Still trying stuff for the redesign. I said I wouldn't mix bash and rework, but that engine looked too good.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98