Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097655 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98D Nexerelin compatible again. (21/12/2015)
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2015, 06:00:01 AM »

It might just be me, but it feels like the Keto is extremely fragile and underpowered compared to other things in it's weight class. The main gun is ok if it hits, but this is countered by the fact that it's slow and cumbersome and it can quickly be stripped of most of it's offensive capability since the various parts of the ship are quite easy to destroy. Also, under player control, depending on the mods you have fitted, the main gun actually has more range than you can actually fit onscreen.

Nemean Lion seems good, though I wish the armored shell was more durable.

The only comparable ship is the Astral (I never balance my mod against other mod!) And frankly, it's power comes mainly from the fact that the missile balance has been (imo) thrown out of the window in vanilla. It used to be a tough nut to crack, but now it vaporize anything that come close too.
 I'm not sure I will change the Keto, at least not beyond buffing the gun and flight-deck health a bit. I had a lot of fun playing carrier fleets with that ship as the core, sniping targets at extreme range to create opportunities for my fighters. And in AI control I find it behaving quite well, trying to stay out of range of the bulk of the enemy force. I mean, it's not a battleship, it's not even a battlecruiser: it's a carrier with a nasty bite.

As for the Nemean Lion: free armor + flux-free PD + damage reduction while venting + active PD while venting... You lose some plates easily, but you really have to make a big mistake to loose the whole ship! ^^

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »

Well that was one elusive Bug then. May have not been a big thing to fix, but surely to reproduce. Thanks for the effort.
--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 22, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »

Hmm, so I managed to purchase the Nemean Lion in the Freeport during a playthough, but...

I have noticed the Lion's Hide ability is tied to the shield instead of the doors.

Is it normal, temporary or irrgeular for it to do that, instead of having closed doors which can re-open with those hydraulic jack mounts like in the information?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 22, 2015, 05:15:06 PM »

It's tied to both. The doors close and the shield get an absorption boost, you can raise or lower it as you wish.

Sleeeper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 22, 2015, 08:34:47 PM »

When player is involved in battle and there are Scy allied ships, modular pieces on them belong to player instead of allied ship's faction.

In this case i'm retreated from battle but it doesn't end until green armor pieces are gone.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:42:41 PM by Sleeeper »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 22, 2015, 09:43:46 PM »

It's tied to both. The doors close and the shield get an absorption boost, you can raise or lower it as you wish.

Hmm, that's strange...

Well, the doors don't close on the Nemean Lion in my playthrough when the ability is in use, i'll see if it can be reproduced.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 23, 2015, 12:31:28 AM »

When player is involved in battle and there are Scy allied ships, modular pieces on them belong to player instead of allied ship's faction.
Know bug related to a vanilla bug, it will be corrected in 0.7.2 but in the meantime there's nothing I can do. Even vanilla allied drones also appear on your side.

Hmm, that's strange...

Well, the doors don't close on the Nemean Lion in my playthrough when the ability is in use, i'll see if it can be reproduced.
More bug T___T... It work in my version so make sure you have all the latest mod, twiglib fix and lazylib if you don't use Version Checker.

Unbroken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 25, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »

Quick question/observation: are laser torpedoes supposed to deal half damage to shields? I've found that the dual rack consistently deals no more than 1500 damage at best, and I'm not sure why. Once in a blue moon though, they'll do almost three times that for no obvious reason.

I've also been finding that the torpedoes are more temperamental and less reliable with the new detonation code. They still pop a long distance out from the target if the target is narrow sort of like this or this, vs. small moving targets. Also, I've had instances where they explode in my face, usually when I close the distance to give enemy PD less time to shoot the torpedo down.

If this is the intended behaviour, then I'll need to be a lot more careful when slinging these things around the battlemap.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:59:03 AM by Unbroken »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 25, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »

Quick question/observation: are laser torpedoes supposed to deal half damage to shields? I've found that the dual rack consistently deals no more than 1500 damage at best, and I'm not sure why. Once in a blue moon though, they'll do almost three times that for no obvious reason.
Are those damages from firing at the exact the same ship?

Unbroken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 25, 2015, 11:11:01 AM »

Are those damages from firing at the exact the same ship?

Yeah. I stuck to using an Atlas for testing, since it's the vanilla equivalent of a target dummy. Its LMGs are useful for figuring out how close you are to it as well. I tried the Dram out later on as a smaller, more mobile target. I wasn't able to reproduce that level of damage at all except in that one case with the Atlas.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 28, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »

I asked a while ago why there were weapon mounts on the ship sprites that were unused, but only now really understood what you meant. I bought a Keto and noticed that all those weapon slots were filled with light mini-guns. i guess you can't fit stuff that is meant to fall off and be destroyed at some point. still awesome, i put an aggressive officer in my Keto and it is wrecking fleets with me!

EDIT: Heres a question, If i increase the hull or armor of my Scyan ship, do the twig pieces gain hull and armor too?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:16:52 PM by StarSchulz »

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 31, 2015, 06:56:28 AM »

This is a very impressive mod, just started playing it. Are there any similar mods that add animations and destructible parts to ships?

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 31, 2015, 08:17:16 AM »

As far as I know, Tartiflette's modular ships are completely unique in the Starsector modding scene. Though I do hope more mods start utilizing Twig-Lib and having destructible modular ships.
I really don't know what I'm doing...

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98E Laser torpedoes fix. (09/01/2016)
« Reply #733 on: January 09, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »

DOWNLOAD
REQUIREMENT
Mod:

Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin and Corvus mode.
Integrated with Dark.Revenant's Starsector+
LazyWizard's

Fixed version of Debido's

Some fixes for the Laser torpedoes, they should deal more consistent damages and miss-fire less often, plus a some other minor tweaks and adjustments...
Changelog:
Spoiler
Code
v0.98e

BALANCING:
 - Various changes in the modular armors:
   . Two third more hull on average.
   . One third less armor on average.
   . Should be more vulnerable to light weapons fire but more resistant to high damage ones like missiles.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENT:
 - Corrected a few issues with the Laser Torpedoes:
   . Fixed some cases where not all beam dealt their damage.
   . Prevented most cases of friendly-fire/miss-fires.
   . Fixed a rare issue where the torpedo could "survive" it's detonation if the target died to the first few beams and there were no other enemy ship nearby.
   . Simplified the detonation range calculation.
   . Prevented detonation too far from oddly shaped ships.
   . FakeBeam now behave like all vanilla beams (in this case that mean they now ignore the side of the shields). 
 - Small performance improvement and slightly smoother behavior for all missiles AIs.
[close]

Unbroken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98E Laser torpedoes fix. (09/01/2016)
« Reply #734 on: January 09, 2016, 11:16:05 AM »

Some fixes for the Laser torpedoes, they should deal more consistent damages and miss-fire less often, plus a some other minor tweaks and adjustments...
Changelog:
Spoiler
Code
v0.98e

BALANCING:
 - Various changes in the modular armors:
   . Two third more hull on average.
   . One third less armor on average.
   . Should be more vulnerable to light weapons fire but more resistant to high damage ones like missiles.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENT:
 - Corrected a few issues with the Laser Torpedoes:
   . Fixed some cases where not all beam dealt their damage.
   . Prevented most cases of friendly-fire/miss-fires.
   . Fixed a rare issue where the torpedo could "survive" it's detonation if the target died to the first few beams and there were no other enemy ship nearby.
   . Simplified the detonation range calculation.
   . Prevented detonation too far from oddly shaped ships.
   . FakeBeam now behave like all vanilla beams (in this case that mean they now ignore the side of the shields). 
 - Small performance improvement and slightly smoother behavior for all missiles AIs.
[close]

Cool, thanks Tartiflette! I'll give them a whirl again - here's hoping they've got that wonderful all-purpose strike capability back.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98