Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097670 times)

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98 RE-FIX! (09/12/2015)
« Reply #705 on: December 17, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »

Hum, that is puzzling then. I'll have to investigate why this is happening and any detail would help: Did it concerned damaged ships, or brand new ones? Did it happen in the simulator, the mission, the campaign? Also, does this happened in a new game or an imported save?

It happened in a campaign, new game, on several occasions; those are keypoints i remember:

* All occurred after starting a battle with 2 of my unused (scy) ships, one of which is a stock fit
* One time i engaged pirates with no damage in both fleets
* Several times i joined a battle between fleets, including already damaged enemies
* In all occurrences the battle managed to start and the exception was thrown in the midst of battle
--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2015, 01:54:29 PM »

Code
780638 [Thread-5] FATAL scy.twig.campaign.SCY_PersistentRootShip  - Unable to spawn nodes
java.lang.NullPointerException
at scy.twig.campaign.SCY_PersistentRootShip.initHost(SCY_PersistentRootShip.java:56)
at scy.twig.campaign.SCY_PersistentRootShip.advance(SCY_PersistentRootShip.java:164)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.void.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.int.Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.o?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.??0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
874845 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating streaming player for music with id [TheFlagship.ogg]
874845 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [TheFlagship.ogg]
875171 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.weapons.SCY_khalkotauroiMainGunAnimation.advance(SCY_khalkotauroiMainGunAnimation.java:176)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.void.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Getting the same thing also. Multiple mods are enabled and happens when fighting a bounty fleet with mostly Scy ships.
Going to try to reinstall SCY and twiglib like you said. Will erase post if it solves.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2015, 03:09:54 PM »

That is really weird. Can one of you send me a save just before it happens and the list of the mods you are using? (Via dropbox or any file hosting website)
I can imagine a couple of convoluted scenario where this could occur, but I'd really need to check them. I guess I know what I'll spend some portion of my weekend doing T__T

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 17, 2015, 04:30:23 PM »

I'm not familiar with file hosting but I'll do some mod compatibility testing this evening.

I suspect it has to do with that specific ship in the log (probably SCY_khalkotauroiMainGunAnimation, also in FabianClasen's error log) since I seem to get the error when facing that ship directly. 2 crashes were in front of the guy while 1 time was not (but it was probably somewhere else on the map).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:33:08 PM by valefore »

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 17, 2015, 11:51:58 PM »

This is very weird. So I do get the crash error when I fight the Khalkotauroi right when it tries to fire its weapon I'm guessing. The weird part is, I can fight the same cruiser fine in the simulator.

So I'm as confused as you are. Although I don't really know coding.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 17, 2015, 11:55:00 PM »

It's really improbable that it is a problem with mod compatibility (I won't say impossible because I saw some weird bugs before, but...). That ship is a bog standard multi-part ship, the same as every other: I have yet to understand why this one fails, and more importantly, why it fails mid-battle and not upon launch.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 19, 2015, 03:35:12 AM »

This is very weird. So I do get the crash error when I fight the Khalkotauroi right when it tries to fire its weapon I'm guessing. The weird part is, I can fight the same cruiser fine in the simulator.
* All occurred after starting a battle with 2 of my unused (scy) ships, one of which is a stock fit
* One time i engaged pirates with no damage in both fleets
* Several times i joined a battle between fleets, including already damaged enemies
* In all occurrences the battle managed to start and the exception was thrown in the midst of battle

I have yet to manage to reproduce this, however I noticed that the save Valefore sent me was one or two versions of the mod behind (and thus I couldn't load it). I'd try to correct that first. I cannot recommend enough using LazyWizard's Version Checker. It's now a standard mod that only need to be ticked in the launcher to work.
 I also removed the link to the release post from the OP. It was there for the people interested in checking what the latest release added, but it could be confusing and maybe that's the link you used.

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 19, 2015, 05:12:42 AM »

I have yet to manage to reproduce this, however I noticed that the save Valefore sent me was one or two versions of the mod behind (and thus I couldn't load it). I'd try to correct that first. I cannot recommend enough using LazyWizard's Version Checker.

I've never sent any save file... because I don't know how to. If you got a save, it wasn't from me.
I just got the error again so I'll look into dropbox. If my vpn is nice to me, I would be able to do something.

Also, I'm pretty sure the mod is up to date (says 0.98c, also redownloaded it) and I do use version checker.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 19, 2015, 05:42:57 AM »

Sorry, that was FabianClasen that sent me his file... But still I didn't managed to reproduce this issue. I fought with and against that ship in campaign, with and without damage and it behave correctly. I'm sorry that you are having issues, and I do not want to look like I don't care, but I just don't know what is going on.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:46:37 AM by Tartiflette »

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 19, 2015, 05:46:45 AM »

I had an idea so did some more testing. Turns out I do not get a crash with the Khalkorauroi when I face it in the Missions simluator. However, when I start the Nexerelin campaign mode and face it in the simulator, the game crashes. It crashes when it tries to fire its main gun. I didn't actually fight the cruiser in real combat but I suspect the same thing will happen.
So yes, I think it is a compatibility problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2996evy7p6some/SCY%20save%20valefore.7z?dl=0

This is actually nothing special as it is just a basic save right after creating the Nexerelin world.

Mods are:
Lazylib v2.1
Nexerelin v0.7.0.0 (0.7e2 beta, although the error happened right before this version too)
SCY Nation v0.9.8RC4
Shaderlib v1.1.2 (Edit: Sharderlib can be disabled and the error still happens)
Twiglib v0.6.7 (temp fix or something downloaded from this thread)
Version Checker v1.6 (obviously, this has nothing to do with the error and can be disabled)

Version checker shows all mods are up to date. Although for some, the ones on this site have higher versions than those registering in version checker.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:56:52 AM by valefore »

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 19, 2015, 05:49:43 AM »

I fought with and against that ship in campaign, with and without damage and it behave correctly.

Edit: I have redownloaded all the relevant mods and the error still occures. The only other reason I can think of now is either my rig (AMD graphics) or java (Java 8 64 bit). But like always, weird things happen in computers.

I'm sorry that you are having issues, and I do not want to look like I don't care, but I just don't know what is going on.

It is completely okay. It is not a big issue to start with, and I am still greatly benefiting from your free mod. I really like a lot of the ships and weapons by the way.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:47:06 AM by valefore »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 20, 2015, 01:57:13 AM »

Okay, I reproduced the issue, apparently it is occurring if you fight Scy before ever loading your save once, only in Nexerelin and only in procedural mode... I'll probably try to get something more substantial for an update, but in the meantime you can replace the jar with    this one    in SCY/jars. If you can confirm that you not longer have the crash in a new game, that would be great.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:06:19 AM by Tartiflette »

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 21, 2015, 12:06:19 AM »

Thanks a bunch! Works like a charm I think, at least in the simulator. Now I can try getting the cruiser myself hehe.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98D Nexerelin compatible again. (21/12/2015)
« Reply #718 on: December 21, 2015, 12:16:00 AM »

Thanks a bunch! Works like a charm I think, at least in the simulator. Now I can try getting the cruiser myself hehe.
Great! Pfiuu, in the end that was a simple but very sneaky mistake.

DOWNLOAD
REQUIREMENT
Mod:

Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin and Corvus mode.
Integrated with Dark.Revenant's Starsector+
LazyWizard's

Fixed version of Debido's

So yeah: small costs adjustments, and restored Nexerelin compatibility.

Changelog:
Spoiler
Code
v0.98d

BALANCING:
 - Significant deployment cost adjustments:
  . Frigates are slightly more expensive,
  . Cruisers and above are cheaper and can be deployed more often.
 - Centaur (both):
  . Speed reduced to 140 from 150,
  . Flux capacity reduced to 2000 from 2800,
  . Shield switched to frontal from omni.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENT
 - Corrected a game-breaking incompatibility between Scy and Nexerelin.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:31:23 AM by Tartiflette »

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98D Nexerelin compatible again. (21/12/2015)
« Reply #719 on: December 21, 2015, 05:21:02 AM »

It might just be me, but it feels like the Keto is extremely fragile and underpowered compared to other things in it's weight class. The main gun is ok if it hits, but this is countered by the fact that it's slow and cumbersome and it can quickly be stripped of most of it's offensive capability since the various parts of the ship are quite easy to destroy. Also, under player control, depending on the mods you have fitted, the main gun actually has more range than you can actually fit onscreen.

Nemean Lion seems good, though I wish the armored shell was more durable.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 98