Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097591 times)

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98 HOTFIX! (06/12/2015)
« Reply #675 on: December 07, 2015, 11:46:12 AM »

Sadly I don't know of any way to acquire 100+ of them, and I usually plan on supplementing my bounty hunting with some hauling until I have a large enough fleet to take on pretty much anything so this is really stonewalling my progress.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 07, 2015, 11:54:06 AM »

For me, it's more that they are only available in a good amount in certain areas. It's kind of the same problem with cloned organs in Shadowyards. Hopefully you can find a way to lower the number of missions that require them.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 07, 2015, 02:02:47 PM »

Sadly I don't know of any way to acquire 100+ of them, and I usually plan on supplementing my bounty hunting with some hauling until I have a large enough fleet to take on pretty much anything so this is really stonewalling my progress.
Maybe you didn't got access to the right sub-market then? ^^

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 08, 2015, 03:57:44 AM »

Also I noticed that I have 30% less downloads for Twiglib than Scy, that must be a lot of unhappy player... Remember that TwigLib is required to make Scy run.

Looking around other mods I think the TwigLib depedency/download gets lost among the banners in the OP. Other mods like to have big red letters yelling "pl0x install LazyLib". On the other hand, TwigLib is only required by Scy AFAIK while most mods use LazyLib. So maybe some people just download LazyLib once because they see it everywhere / nothing works without it and ShaderLib because it makes things shiny don't care about what is really written in the OPs. Including other depedencies, sadly.

Most likely if more mods used TwigLib then it wouldn't be a problem like in the case of LazyLib.

IMO the best you can do is have big red letters yelling "pl0x install TwigLib" above it's download banner.

P.s.: check out the e.g. Neutrino OP to see what I refer to in my post :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 04:00:24 AM by Garmine »
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 08, 2015, 05:12:53 AM »

Well Neutrino is for me the poster child of obscure OP where you don't know what is needed or how to get the mod.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2015, 09:41:07 AM »

Lightweight plating seems to increase deployment cost by a flat 15%, rather than 15% of the base deployment cost. Is this intentional? If so, It seems like it removes a majority of the benefits you might otherwise get from the hullmod.
~Assuming Lightweight plating is infact added by this mod. Might be mistaken.
It's from Scy (as well as Minimal Preparation) And it was intentional. While I see your point, I fear it could become way too powerful at high level when you have a reduced deployment cost, a good ship and can manage to only take hits to your shields. Safeties Override + Lightweight Plating builds would be straight up unfair (they might already be).
Hmm. I suppose I see the point. The armor reduction is only a large penalty if you aren't using shield-focused ships, and the speed boost could get rather silly through stacking *Everything*. I thought that the reduction in armor, and CR duration was enough, especially if you stack it with safety overrides. -60% -20%, or something. I can't remember the exact numbers. That kinda cripples your ability to fight for very long, even if you get a blindingly fast interception frigate. That, and the OP point cost. Safety overrides gives you something like 60 seconds with a frigate, from 3 minutes, and that will probably cut it to 40 seconds at best. I am not certain if the CR decay rate also increases, but if it does, its even more of a penalty, such that stacking, unless you use the speed in that 40 second window to it's maximum potential, will degrade VERY quickly.

I would suggest updating the tooltip to make it a bit more clear however. "Flat 15%" or "Base 15%" or something.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:45:31 AM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 08, 2015, 10:59:27 AM »

You got a "Re: " stuck in your topic title, ya silly.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 08, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »

Until you can figure it out, is there any way to disable the intel chips?

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 08, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »

Well Neutrino is for me the poster child of obscure OP where you don't know what is needed or how to get the mod.

Hmm it's cleanish for me. Nevermind then :)
* Garmine is a special snowflake
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98 RE-FIX! (09/12/2015)
« Reply #684 on: December 09, 2015, 12:11:01 AM »

DOWNLOAD
REQUIREMENT
Mod:

Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin Corvus mode.
Integrated with Dark.Revenant's Starsector+
LazyWizard's

Fixed version of Debido's

Quick Hotfix, episode two:
 -Correct the assignments flooded with Intelligence Chips,
 - Fixed the Anti-Missile ship-system not working,
 - Probably prevented Acheron to spawn on top of hyperspace Station (I hope, it's hard to test that)

Changelog:
Spoiler
Code
v0.98c

BALANCING
 - Vibrating Beam:
   . Range decreased to 650.
 - Precision Gear ship-system:
   . Speed now reduced by 50% instead of a flat -25.
   . Rate of Fire no longer reduced.
   . Weapons recoil reduced.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS
 - Commissions are no longer flooded with Intelligence Chips requests.
 - Corrected some variants.
 - Fixed the Anti-Missile ship-system not working.
 - Probably corrected the issue with the Acheron system sometime spawning above Hyperspace Stations.
[close]

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 09, 2015, 01:13:24 AM »

LOL to that LazyLab banner.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 09, 2015, 07:15:35 PM »

So...does tartarus still change position after it spawns because it's spawned in my new game far up in the top left corner of the map and I cannot see any way to justify that trip through deep hyperspace.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 09, 2015, 10:46:46 PM »

I'm looking at what appear to be two medium ballistic mounts on the erymanthian boar [ armored ] design, but i can't equip any weapons. i am pretty sure they are weapon mounts, anyway.

Oh, and - How do you pronounce the names of the star systems "Acheron" and "Tartarus" ?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:58:05 PM by StarSchulz »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 09, 2015, 11:42:18 PM »

So...does tartarus still change position after it spawns because it's spawned in my new game far up in the top left corner of the map and I cannot see any way to justify that trip through deep hyperspace.
It does (obviously) but it shouldn't move farther that 6000 units (that's three small grid lines) away from another hyperspace point... Unless the floating text labels in Hyper are still considered as Entities. Didn't checked that ><".

I'm looking at what appear to be two medium ballistic mounts on the erymanthian boar [ armored ] design, but i can't equip any weapons. i am pretty sure they are weapon mounts, anyway.
Oh, and - How do you pronounce the names of the star systems "Acheron" and "Tartarus" ?
Those are the Armor mounts, you can't mount a weapon in there because they have a built-in one. (And I can't show it in refit due to the hackish way TwigLib works)
As for the names:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acheron

AeusDeif

• Ensign
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 10, 2015, 02:10:47 AM »

first: beautiful mod, beautiful ships. the designs seem very straightforward and functional like something from the mind of an engineer. the drive graphics are unique.

I started a trading character and bought a Centaur freighter easily. Felt a bit overpowered -- 11 burn speed, a big weapon, economical. Seems like it should be a destroyer, not a frigate. Maybe lower the cargo space? Was there some trade off that I wasn't seeing like low flux? Maybe it shouldn't be available to civilians if it's meant to be that good.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 98