Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097598 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.97 New Manticore Carrier, balance tweaks (11/09/2015)
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »

I do not know why this error keeps popping up but I can't use SCY at all because of it

Spoiler
11809 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading ship hull [E:\Starsector\Starsector+, Nexerelin - (5) - Copy\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY\data\hulls\SCY_highEndFighter.ship]
11809 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [E:\Starsector\Starsector+, Nexerelin - (5) - Copy\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY\data\hulls\SCY_highEndFighter.ship]
12690 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.Object$Oo] with id [SCY_FIGHTER_QUADTRAIL] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.Object$Oo] with id [SCY_FIGHTER_QUADTRAIL] not found
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ö00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Happens everytime and it's very irritating.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »

I get an error, too:

Spoiler
42797 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 776,98 MB of texture data so far
42797 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/shaders/distortions/ripple/0060.PNG (using cast)
42812 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id SCY_burstThrusters_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id flarelauncher_fighter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id traveldrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id inferniuminjector_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id SCY_hullBreaker_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id brphasecloak_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id skimmer_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id lucifergenerator_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42813 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id scalarcloak_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
42814 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
42817 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 776,99 MB of texture data so far
42817 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
42993 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Out of memory (1285)
org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Out of memory (1285)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.setSwapInterval(WindowsContextImplementation.java:113)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.ContextGL.setSwapInterval(ContextGL.java:232)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.DrawableGL.setSwapInterval(DrawableGL.java:86)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setSwapInterval(Display.java:1129)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setVSyncEnabled(Display.java:1142)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »

The first is something missing having to do with fighter trails. The second one is Out of Memory, which I don't think the mod can fix. If you haven't edited the vmparams file and/or switched to 64bit Java if possible then that should fix it, though I don't think OpenGL itself threw the errors back when I had that problem.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:16:00 PM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 13, 2015, 12:07:29 PM »

That was it, thx! (Wonder why it ran fine before...)

e/ I think I haven't said it in a while: Scy ships are so cool and the mod is awesome! Thank you Tartiflette!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:33:26 PM by Gothars »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 13, 2015, 03:19:12 PM »

The Scy ships are indeed awesome - running with them in one of my Nexerelin playthroughs right now.  Although I might switch sides when beat back the enemy to their last station, heh.  Give me a chance to go up against what I've been using the entire time. :)

The buff to the Heavy Modular Swarmer is nice - I've got a Sthenos running one with Expanded Missile Racks, and the swarm is so much that I'm pretty sure it rivals Exigency. :D

By the way, for the command destroyer, what are the exact buffs that it gives?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:26:50 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Eternity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 13, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »

Hi Tartiflette,

Thank for the update ;-)

Here your ships picture with half the size for the same quality and size (using jpegmini)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 13, 2015, 11:34:10 PM »

I do not know why this error keeps popping up but I can't use SCY at all because of it
Happens everytime and it's very irritating.
Okay, the immediate reason I can think of for this could be that you didn't completely removed the mod before installing the new version (that's always good practice). If that doesn't work, maybe you can try removing all your variants in the missions and resetting them. I don't think it should matter but you never know. Keep me posted it that doesn't solve your issue.

By the way, for the command destroyer, what are the exact buffs that it gives?
What the tooltip tries to say is that it gives 25/20/15/10% more damage and range to all nearby allies. I should have rewrote it with the values showing in yellow like all the other do now... Will be done next time!

Hi Tartiflette,

Thank for the update ;-)

Here your ships picture with half the size for the same quality and size (using jpegmini)
Nope, no thank you, I like my images without jpeg artifacts all over the place and goes to great length to keep them high quality. The miniature is there for those who have (funnily: like me) a bad internet connection and avoid tanking people's data plan on mobile.

That was it, thx! (Wonder why it ran fine before...)
Where you running it alone with vanilla? If that's the case, I may have finally breach 1GB memory barrier! That's... unfortunate, but not unexpected given the stupid amount of decorative weapons my ships use: Compared to vanilla I only have as much ships and weapon as a "faction/era", but if you count the decorative and twig parts I'm getting close of doubling amount of assets, thus the memory troubles.

I already reduced a lot the use of frame animations, but I have a couple left that could help reducing the footprint... Problem is, I also planned to add some content too witch would be worse in the end!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:43:36 PM by Tartiflette »

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 14, 2015, 01:43:27 AM »

Where you running it alone with vanilla?

Not quite, the lowest profile I tried was still with Nexerelin and all the extra libraries.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 14, 2015, 02:56:44 AM »

Unless you REALLY beefed something up, I doubt it. I haven't tried the latest version yet, but I ran the last cleanly alongside Nexerelin, SS+, BRDY, Imperium, and various utility mods with the heap set at 1,300MB. I do, however, use 32bit Java and Dark.Revenant claims it will only go to 1GB.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 14, 2015, 03:07:49 AM »

well, Nexerelin can require various amounts of memory depending on the sector's setup and layout, so it may just have been a bad configuration. The VMparams are supposed to go up to 2GB with 32bits Java like any other program I believe.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 14, 2015, 03:18:58 AM »

Java's pretty finicky, so it depends on the system. Running 32bit Java on a 64bit machine with plenty of RAM to throw around will top off at about 4GB as it's large address aware, however on a 32bit machine it will become unstable under 2GB. Where depends on the system; some say 1.8GB, some say 1.6GB, my dinosaur crashes around 1,400MB even with spare system RAM open. I seem to recall this is due to Java requiring a perfectly sequential chunk of RAM address space; the OS has to shove things up and down RAM addresses to accommodate such a large permanently sequential area.

For reference I run Nexerelin with the default system/planet/station number settings.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 14, 2015, 05:20:34 AM »

Might also have something to do with Win10, I just updated.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 15, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »

It's always a new copy and it's not from a copied Starsector folder, so I don't know what's up

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 15, 2015, 11:41:09 PM »

It's always a new copy and it's not from a copied Starsector folder, so I don't know what's up
Then I don't know either because the only way this error could happen is that you still have the old fighter hulls files present in your game. And it's not something that's supposed to come from a saved file or variant because it would crash earlier. I saw someone once that had two folders of some mods, or maybe you extracted Scy in a non-empty temporary folder prior to copying it over?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 17, 2015, 11:56:11 PM »

I'll see if I can try again soon, if it doesn't work again then I dunno. :-\

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 98