Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097784 times)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.95 Maintenance patch (14/07/2015)
« Reply #510 on: July 26, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »

My fleet is a Lamia Armored Destroyer and a Centaur Freighter. The Lamia lost all its armored plates in a very recent engagement (friggen Shepherd frigate and its stupid little beam drones peeled it like an onion in seconds...at least it helped me catch up), then I attempted to retreat/flee from a huge pirate force that caught me on a turn. Upon clicking the option to attempt to disengage...

Code
1419337 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 15, FP2: 114, maxFP1: 160, maxFP2: 240
1420032 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
at data.hullmods.SCY_ArmorPlating.advanceInCombat(SCY_ArmorPlating.java:73)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deployAll(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Up to date Starsector install, all mods up to date: SCY v0.95, BRDY, Radar, Imperium, Lazy/Twig/Music/ShaderLib, Nexerelin, SS+, Version Checker. I also updated Starsector's JRE to v1.8.0_51 for the heck of it, so I dunno if that borked things.

EDIT: On a side note, it seems weird to me for the Keto to only have one flight deck. Is there some background scripting to buff that or is it only as effective as destroyer-class carriers?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:51:55 PM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 27, 2015, 12:24:21 AM »

The one decked Keto thing is because I had to make compromises for the autoresolve combat: You can't add or remove flight-decks to a ship whatsoever. They were supposed to all be attached to the Twig part, but then they aren't "present" in autoresolve and the tooltip said 0 flight decks. My compromise was to keep one flight-deck on the main hull and the rest on the separate part that is never taken into account in autoresolve. Only in player combat the additional parts are properly spawned and it's a 4 decked carrier.

As for your crash, I'll look into it. It seems to be a division by 0 witch support your description of a peeled off Lamia, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 27, 2015, 04:03:33 AM »

A bit double post but:

Require Debido's TwigLib.
Require LazyWizard's LazyLib.
Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin, including Corvus mode.
Integrated to Dark.Revenant's Starsector+

Okay, squashed that bug, yay! I'll keep it in DEV for now because I received no feedback on the new balance and weapons, and I'm still unsure if I went too far (It's all save compatible so if you don't like it, you can revert to the previous version and only have to tweak your variants). Since the first DEV I added Shaderlib's lights for all weapons, cleaned up a lot of scripts, and had a second round of optimization, mostly around the missiles AI and the particle effects. I also changed the Euryale's "Weapons Targeting Network" system to a passive ability with better visual cues on the effect, and given her some drones system instead.

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler
Code
v0.96
WIP

NEW CONTENT
 - Added the Heavy ENB: An up-sized energy version of the Triple Energy Blaster that can fire continuously for moderate damage. Used as a cheaper Plasma cannon with constant pressure.
 - Added the Converted Heavy ENB: A ballistic conversion of the Heavy ENB in the same fashion as it's medium sized counterpart. Short-ranged and ammo limited, but higher burst damage and very easy to install. Used as a Mjolnir knock-off with better armor penetration.

BALANCING
 - Significant weapon balance tweaks:
   . The combat stats of most weapons didn't changed, however their OP cost has been lowered to low-tier vanilla.
   . Scy weapons are now cheap to install but short ranged and very flux hungry.
   . This should make them competitive alternatives to vanilla weapons, powerful but sharply raising the risk of overloads.
 - All Scy ships have had their OP amount reduced accordingly, making them a bit starved when installing higher tier vanilla weapons.
 - Significant shield balance tweaks:
   . All shields are now in line with vanilla in the amount of damage they can soak. A bit down for the frigates (except for the Talos), slightly up for the cruisers, significantly up for the capital-ships.
   . Passive Flux dissipation while the shields are online further reduced.
   . Given the now reduced OP that scale less with the Player levels, this should makes Scy ships better in the early game but equivalent later on.
 - Euryale's "Networked targeting system" is now passive with an explicit AOE visual cue. The ship now has a drone ship-system. Small buff to it's effect: 25/20/15/10% damage and range bonus from 20/15/10/5%.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS
 - Corrected a CTD inducing error when the Modular Armor hullmod applied it's bonus to a ship that had all it's armors stripped off in a previous engagement.
 - Removal of deprecated features, CSV clean-up, sounds clean-up.
 - Slight graphic upgrade for the Triple Energy Blaster, the Focused Pulse Beam, the Enhanced Focused Pulse Beam, the Anti-missiles launcher, the Burst Nailer, the SCPB.
 - Significant cleanup in the scripts, should result is a small performance improvement during large battles, less particles clipping and more consistent effects with unstable frame-rates.
 - Reworked missiles flight pattern for the Coasting Missiles, the Heavy Modular Swarmer and the Anti-Missiles. Small performance improvement.
 - Added lights info for ShaderLib users.
 - Changelog cleanup. (because why not?)
[close]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:20:47 AM by Tartiflette »

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 27, 2015, 08:30:35 AM »

This was the first time I'd ever used Nexerelin or SCY, so I installed the non-DEV version just to get used to it. I think I'll give the dev version a shot.

One thing I noticed in v0.95 was that it feels like there's a lack of SCY medium kinetic weapons. I haven't looked through the Codex for them so it might just be my markets, but the only one I've found is the piercing railgun that fires once a week and very inaccurately. I look hungrily at the miniguns and their frag damage wishing I could load some sabots... ;D (That would be horribly overkill from a balance standpoint but...)

EDIT: Seems like some new graphics were forgotten in the DEV5 version.
Code
76763 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ] as texture with id [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ]
76879 [Thread-10] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Error loading [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Starsector Plus,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MusicLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

68600 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/SCY/weapons/deco/SCY_euryaleSystem_000.png] as texture with id [graphics/SCY/weapons/deco/SCY_euryaleSystem_000.png]
68838 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/SCY/weapons/deco/SCY_euryaleSystem_000.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Starsector Plus,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MusicLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

I copied another hullmod icon to get past the first but I don't think I can do that with the second. Also looks like there's a space at the end of the first one's filename, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:04:44 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 27, 2015, 09:20:52 AM »

And that's what you get when you want to release a fix fast and don't check if the download version works ><
Anyway, it should be okay now.

As for the weapons, there are two medium kinetic: The Medium KAcc and the Pierce Railgun, the KAcc being a better all-rounder (and cheaper) than the Pierce Railgun witch is only better at overloading ships with very good shields. Also, do check the descriptions of the weapons: the Minigun does 100 additional energy DPS on average, witch makes it decent against pretty much anything that do not have a heavy armor, and terrific against fighters.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:37:30 AM by Tartiflette »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2015, 04:20:31 AM »

No more bug? I suppose I can release it then:

Require Debido's TwigLib.
Require LazyWizard's LazyLib.
Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin, including Corvus mode.
Integrated to Dark.Revenant's Starsector+

For those that didn't follow the progress closely:
 - Two new large weapons (Energy and Balistic): both are up-scaled Triple Energy Blasters but with it's unique flavor.
 - New Ordinance Point balance: instead of being expensive to mount inefficient short-ranged but damaging alternatives to vanilla weapons, Scyans weapons are now cheap to mount inefficient short-ranged but damaging alternatives. That should make them competitive on vanilla ships, if you are willing to cope with the flux requirement.
 - In the same idea, Scyan ships now have much less OP available, making top tier vanilla weapon much less attractive on them.
 - Scyan weapons now have Light info for those who use Shaderlib (witch is NOT required to run the mod).
 - Shields have been tweaked around, slightly buffed for the large ships and nerfed for some frigates, though passive flux dissipation while they are up has been further reduced.

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler
Code
V0.96
03/08/2015

NEW CONTENT
 - Added the Heavy ENB: An up-sized energy version of the Triple Energy Blaster that can fire continuously for moderate damage. Used as a cheaper Plasma cannon with constant pressure.
 - Added the Converted Heavy ENB: A ballistic conversion of the Heavy ENB in the same fashion as it's medium sized counterpart. Short-ranged and ammo limited, but higher burst damage and very easy to install. Used as a Mjolnir knock-off with better armor penetration.

BALANCING
 - Significant weapon balance tweaks:
   . The combat stats of most weapons didn't changed, however their OP cost has been lowered to low-tier vanilla.
   . Scy weapons are now cheap to install but short ranged and very flux hungry.
   . This should make them competitive alternatives to vanilla weapons, powerful but sharply raising the risk of overloads.
 - All Scy ships have had their OP amount reduced accordingly, making them a bit starved when installing higher tier vanilla weapons.
 - Significant shield balance tweaks:
   . All shields are now in line with vanilla in the amount of damage they can soak. A bit down for the frigates (except for the Talos), slightly up for the cruisers, significantly up for the capital-ships.
   . Passive Flux dissipation while the shields are online further reduced.
   . Given the now reduced OP that scale less with the Player levels, this should makes Scy ships better in the early game but equivalent later on.
 - Euryale's "Networked targeting system" is now passive with an explicit AOE visual cue. The ship now has a drone ship-system. Small buff to it's effect: 25/20/15/10% damage and range bonus from 20/15/10/5%.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS
 - Corrected a CTD inducing error when the Modular Armor hullmod applied it's bonus to a ship that had all it's armors stripped off in a previous engagement.
 - Removal of deprecated features, CSV clean-up, sounds clean-up.
 - Slight graphic upgrade for the Triple Energy Blaster, the Focused Pulse Beam, the Enhanced Focused Pulse Beam, the Anti-missiles launcher, the Burst Nailer, the SCPB.
 - Significant cleanup in the scripts, should result is a small performance improvement during large battles, less particles clipping and more consistent effects with unstable frame-rates.
 - Reworked missiles flight pattern for the Coasting Missiles, the Heavy Modular Swarmer and the Anti-Missiles. Small performance improvement.
 - Added lights info for ShaderLib users.
 - All fighters variants have their own hull with the weapons built-in to prevent those from (rarely) dropping in the post-battle loot.
 - Changelog cleanup. (because why not?)
[close]

Eternity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.96 New Weapons, Ordinance Points re-balance (03/08/2015)
« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2015, 12:42:18 PM »

Thank you Tartiflette !

[EDIT] By the way the link on the first post is not correct (with rar archive) ! can you fix it ;-) the other one on your last post is correct (7z)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:45:45 PM by Eternity »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2015, 12:50:56 PM »

Heh, that would explain the low amount of downloads today... >< And of course when I test the release post's download, it's the OP one that doesn't work! *sigh* Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Pengu1n

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2015, 04:15:08 PM »

EDIT: Seems like some new graphics were forgotten in the DEV5 version.
Code
76763 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ] as texture with id [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ]
76879 [Thread-10] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Error loading [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Starsector Plus,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MusicLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

68600 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/SCY/weapons/deco/SCY_euryaleSystem_000.png] as texture with id [graphics/SCY/weapons/deco/SCY_euryaleSystem_000.png]
68838 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/SCY/weapons/deco/SCY_euryaleSystem_000.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Starsector Plus,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MusicLib,C:\Program Files\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

I copied another hullmod icon to get past the first but I don't think I can do that with the second. Also looks like there's a space at the end of the first one's filename, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Hi, just wanted to let you know I'm getting this same error any time I attempt updating the mod to any of the V0.96 options. Have tried messing around with files to try to get around these changes (interested in seeing how the OP rebalance changes things up) but I'm really not experienced enough w/ Java and SS in particular to make much headway.

Anything I can do to help make this easier to bugfix?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 04, 2015, 04:21:06 PM »

I stopped getting that error as soon as that version was reuploaded. Been playing 0.96 just fine for the past day. Completely delete the old version and install the full version fresh.

Pengu1n

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 04, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »

Well, I figured out how to get reportable information out of the game (starsector.log not working for some reason) and got the following:

Code
 17546 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ] resource, not found in [Ungodly long list of mod directories goes here, can provide on request,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
 java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/SCY/hullmods/SCY_CIC.png ] resource, not found in [Ungodly long list of mod directories goes here, can provide on request,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.void.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

If that's different than the error you were getting earlier, OOZ, my mistake.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 04, 2015, 05:17:01 PM »

Yup, that log say that you are missing a hullmod icon, one that was missing in DEV5 but is present in the more recent downloads. Delete the previous SCY folder before copying the newest one and you should be fine.

Pengu1n

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 04, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »

Yup, that log say that you are missing a hullmod icon, one that was missing in DEV5 but is present in the more recent downloads. Delete the previous SCY folder before copying the newest one and you should be fine.

I appreciate the fact that this is probably the most common solution to the sort of problem I'm presenting, but I've done exactly that three times in a row now, probably upwards of 10 times today total, having downloaded SCY_0.96RC1.7z from both the link a few posts up and on the front page of the thread. Each time I remove the mod directory entirely, unpack the 7z file and start SS, ensuring the mod is in the enabled list each time. Each time I get the same results. If I disable SCY in the mod manager, the game starts up fine, but I of course can't load my save.

Hope this helps clear things up, and apologies if this comes across as confrontational, this is just proving rather frustrating.

EDIT: I should probably say that I've gone into the mod's files and confirmed the image in question is indeed present and accounted for.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:43:40 PM by Pengu1n »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 04, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »

... Hum, I really don't know what to say. The games says it's not present, but if it is I can't figure what is wrong.

Pengu1n

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »

I am running both Nexerelin and SS+. I don't know why it would work like this, but do you know if either of them (or the utility mods like Console Commands, Update Checker, etc.) would somehow change how SCY loads? Because I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point other than maybe completely reinstall SS from scratch, which seems a bit extreme.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 98